Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A System to Change the MMO Universe

ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

This could be exclusive GW2 but i would like to see it applied to other games as well TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS

This is a conversation I had in mmorpg.com everyone I talk to says I am absolutely correct. This system saves the economy which I think its dead. Its either dirt cheap everything or the god awful expensive legendaries, creates an end game, and builds huge community the potential to be bigger than anything WoW ever had.

When you follow the personal story and its done and you are left with nothing else but PvP you go around collecting asthetics getting the legendaries…which is just insane. I always thought that maybe having a guild house to display accomplishments was always a good addition no one ever runs with that idea. A place for your guild to hang out bring a new initiate to show off your skills (bosse’s heads on the wall etc.) it would only take up a little bit more on the servers for that but then again im rambling on about an idea haha. Your guild only gives you a sense of end game to me its being bonded then being the best that way. I mean this is guild wars I think it would be cool with shadow behemuts head on the wall. And in this way add a raid system with higher difficulty and it would increase game population I am telling you.

1 raid factals is over and over I’m talking 1 higher level difficulty of behemut hes a single boss in the marshes an event for the guild instanced like story mode to distinguish the guilds. ITS GUILD WARS they had the right idea for the story of the guild wars they should cash in on that idea they are sitting on thats great community and that’s always something I wanted. You could even display swords from defeated humanoid bosses…

“But jay how would people know your awesome outside the guild?” GUILD WIDE ARMOR SETS for the elites better looks of course you could try doing this solo also but different armor looks for solo play. Thats whats good about the system its very versatile your guild house can start off as a shack or hut. OR BETTER IDEA IT STARTS OFF AS LAND THE GUILD CAN PURCHASE THROUGH COIN THEN THROUGH RESOURCE GATHERING THROUGH THE WORLD (A SYSTEM YOU ALREADY HAVE IN PLACE FOR CRAFTING) YOU CAN START BUILDING A SMALL HOUSE WITH YOUR RESOURCES THEN YOU CAN GET A NICE BIG ONE THEN START BUYING LAND AROUND THE HOUSE TO FARM RESOURCES IN GUILD WIDE MASS REWARDS SOMEHOW? (BETTER WvW CASTLES BECAUSE YOU MINE RESOURCE TO THEM SO YOU HELP EVERYONE ON THE SERVER? YOUR GUILDS A HERO!! EVERYONE SAYS ITS A GOOD IDEA.

The extra resources your guild’s farms and lumber yards spends it is to build up your castles in WvW to make you PvP heroes and you can even build a tower to help defend a point or tower that adorns your guild banner and colors so they know who to fear on the battlefield and who are the top dogs the better guild the better skilled guild. It would take awhile to get these resources so why not make it like real life where resources ins the power that’s why we war in the first place that’s where true power lies. Make your guilds men better crafters through guild effort and when you have an estate of a guild house farming a good amount of resources use it as another mechanic in WvW to build an arrow tower or a spy tower with recources from the guild’s farming. You could even have friendly duels in the guild yards and grounds To teach skills to initiates or hone the guilds PvP skills(your instanced guild house remember its instanced like a story mode you go in portal then go to your guild house) GO TO WAR WITH OTHER GUILDS ON THE GUILD BATTLEGROUNDS!! WAGE WAR!!!! MAKE ALLIANCES!!!! MAKE THE GUILDS AND COMMUNITY MATTER!!!!!

Your guild can have a personal story too and the route it takes and it personalizes itself with the choices the guild makes. Either the leader debates with the guild on the choices like politics or it is voted in etc. and its like democracy decision. So your guild can feel real and part of the game IT IS THE GAME it is blowing peoples minds im telling you

It needs to be guild based it would build community (OBVIOUSLY) create a middle ground in the economy and fix that (guild items to trade etc.) and create an end-game!!!
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ! EVERYONE I KNOW IS WANTING THIS!!

Comments

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

You can add a wardrobe system that your guild earns through achievement or gold earned through team effort to buy a wardrobe system thats in the guild house! where your guild is HANGING OUT! you have village armor sets that show off your swag in the village have an option for that but for guild clothes.

And i didnt touch up on WARBANDS make an arena team then have them a CLUB HOUSE where theycan show off there more 1v1 and pvp oriented skills showing off how good they work as a team

People arne’t leaving more or less for lack of content they are just gettign bored with nothing to do after 80. this fixes that and builds upon everything else the game already has in place!!! THIS WOULD BE DOWNRIGHT EPIC

uhm bump know one here thinks this is a great idea to solve all mmo problemsd? this simple awesome reward system sorry this is something I WOULD pay money for each month
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Guild Halls are already in the works they mentioned this before the game was even released.. guild vs guild is still up in the air.. from the interview I saw they said the data collected from gw1 showed only a small % of the overall population actually participated in guild vs guild so it wasn't a priority for gw2.. also they said they wanted to improve and strengthen guild features in WvW instead of adding GVG

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Guild Halls are already in the works they mentioned this before the game was even released.. guild vs guild is still up in the air.. from the interview I saw they said the data collected from gw1 showed only a small % of the overall population actually participated in guild vs guild so it wasn't a priority for gw2.. also they said they wanted to improve and strengthen guild features in WvW instead of adding GVG

Then they will makes their mistakes WvW is already guilds working together so you support random zergs not a team of friends accomplishing a task for the sake of feeling accomplishment? Guild orientation is amazing and if someone doesnt bank on the idea call me a stupid idiot but i will make a game bsed on this concept O.o

Originally posted by Shrilly

Then they will makes their mistakes WvW is already guilds working together so you support random zergs not a team of friends accomplishing a task for the sake of feeling accomplishment? Guild orientation is amazing and if someone doesnt bank on the idea call me a stupid idiot but i will make a game bsed on this concept O.o

there is already many many guilds working together in WvW and it's hardly random zergs at all now.. also next month is supposed to be the big WvW update that adds a lot for guilds in WvW as well as some sort of progression system.. we also are getting guild quests at end of this month to give groups of guildys a chance to get together and complete challenges and get guild rewards for that.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

there is already many many guilds working together in WvW and it's hardly random zergs at all now.. also next month is supposed to be the big WvW update that adds a lot for guilds in WvW as well as some sort of progression system

You understand this makes a goal for people besides sayign yea we captured this castle or some horse crap. Build a tower with guild recourses make your guild count and yes it is a bunch of zergs piling around a blue symbol its a random zerg. Make your guld do the work and strategize i mean i would love that i would play WvW again for that i dont feel like i get anythign besides" yay killed you noob" accomplioshment from this? hell add a reward system to it guild oriented(since THAT IS WHAT IT IS) It is to show the better coimmunity through skill why not band together as a guild and go for the gold?

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    OP you lost me before I finished the first paragraph. Are you drunk and what do you want to say?

there is already many many guilds working together in WvW and it's hardly random zergs at all now.. also next month is supposed to be the big WvW update that adds a lot for guilds in WvW as well as some sort of progression system

You understand this makes a goal for people besides sayign yea we captured this castle or some horse crap. Build a tower with guild recourses make your guild count and yes it is a bunch of zergs piling around a blue symbol its a random zerg. Make your guld do the work and strategize i mean i would love that i would play WvW again for that i dont feel like i get anythign besides" yay killed you noob" accomplioshment from this? hell add a reward system to it guild oriented(since THAT IS WHAT IT IS) It is to show the better coimmunity through skill why not band together as a guild and go for the gold?

again wait till next month.. adding in progression systems(from what i hear) and a lot of new things for guilds in WvW.. also on the 26th id check out the new guild quests to enjoy challenges with your guildy friends which has added a bunch of new loot for these new quests

Originally posted by tom_gore
    OP you lost me before I finished the first paragraph. Are you drunk and what do you want to say?

What the hell are you talking about i read the first paragraph with ease wher did you get lost?

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Unfortunately, I thought the same thing.

What the hell are you talking about i read the first paragraph with ease wher did you get lost?

not sure if you are native english or not.. but the whole post is sort of a mess of jumbled thoughts and is hard to follow.. but i get what you are asking and most of what you want is in the works and coming soon

not sure if you are native english or not.. but the whole post is sort of a mess of jumbled thoughts and is hard to follow.. but i get what you are asking and most of what you want is in the works and coming soon

Well thank god there are some people that can read a brainstorm while it is happening i had to hurry and write it all down i am sure if they took the time they would understand but this is the 5 second generation of squirrels with no attention span. I FIXED THE ERRORS AND REWROTE THE IDEA FOR BETTER UNDERSTANDING I APOLOGIZE Tho I do feel i presented the format in a very nice way stated what it would fix then hit them with the idea.