Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lfg with player based economy crafting

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I am playing age of wushu atm i like the crafting system but the rest of the game not to crazy about because you can't do anything meaningful without grouping for instances and game is too pay to win for me.

I want a game that has the following:

All Gear in  game is player made and has durability ie like swg,age wushu.

The ability to farm mats and get recipes  and skill manuals on your own without need for groups.

Something with current graphics and has a large player base.

Sandbox skill based tired of leveling...

Not Eve Online tried it hated it.

Player housing would be nice or guild.

PvP must have a good combat system and pvp age of wushu has clunky combat.

Can be in beta and no not mortal online tried it hated it.

Comments

• birkenbirken Member Posts: 122
    I want a pet Unicorn but i roll with the punches.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Only game with player economy is EVE Online you did not like, so...

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Only game with player economy is EVE Online you did not like, so...

ahh no age of wushu everything in game is made by players, you need to eat or starve to death, all gear has durability and even bags are time limited so you need to buy bags as they wear out.

Problem is it's pvp centric and pay to win with no real pve thats not group based in instances.

There are more games out there with player based economy.

• uggeh12uggeh12 Member UncommonPosts: 44

How about Dark Age of Camelot?

It's an older game but the graphics have held up pretty well over the years and, in my opinion still has some of the best spell effects in any MMO.  It isn't a sandbox but leveling is incredibly easy and fast and still has one of the best skill systems I have seen. If you are looking for good PvP it doesn't get any better than the game that created RvR.

The crafting system is fairly dated but is still pretty deep, at level 50 all players will need crafted gear in their RvR templates,  which means you need an armor crafter to make the armor, a spellcrafter to add stats/resists and, an alchemist to add any charges or procs to the armor. It also has housing and nowadays it is very solo friendly in terms of getting geared up and gathering rare crafting mats.

The playerbase is fairly small but during peak hours there are normally around 1.5-2k players online(only one server cluster) and, since it is an old school mmo the community is generally mature and very helpful.

Just throwing my 2 coppers out there.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Astro6

ahh no age of wushu everything in game is made by alts

Fixed.

AoW crafting is a joke - loot drop and RNG based, fighting for nodes, stalls, horrible market UI, etc.

AoW is just like any other themepark game and those will unlikely have ever any meaningful crafting.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Strangely, I am thinking Tale in the Desert for some reason.  I don't know how much combat is in that game though, but it sounds interesting and different.  Also, Minecraft?
  • synfuljokersynfuljoker Member Posts: 10

ok some craft games.. from the top of my head.

1:Salem: if your desperate.. EVERYthing is made via player and research etc....  the graphics are....yea.......

2:Minecraft  =CRAFT everything....  better on smp servers

• HikaruShidouHikaruShidou Member UncommonPosts: 163
    could always wait for ArcheAge... It won't have the best combat, but everything else is f*ing amazing. Everything is player crafted too, including boats, houses, etc.
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Strangely, I am thinking Tale in the Desert for some reason.  I don't know how much combat is in that game though, but it sounds interesting and different.  Also, Minecraft?

I was gonna suggest Tale in the Desert until I read he wants combat and whatnot, TitD has no combat. 

I guess Mortal Online is probably what you're looking for.  Can't say I've played it much but from what I know it has everything you're after, especially when it comes to player base crafting and homes.

imageimage

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542

"All Gear in  game is player made and has durability ie like swg,age wushu"

Istaria. You will find that all armor, except training/newbie one and weapons have to be made by someone.

"The ability to farm mats and get recipes  and skill manuals on your own without need for groups"

Istaria too. Materials are possible to get, some recipes are drop-only.

Well, *not* Istaria. And it has levelling.

]Player housing would be nice or guild.

Istaria, Lotro. In Istaria if you pay $15/month, you are entitled to buy a plot and build whatsoever you desire, be it 5 fountains or 25 storages. In Lotro, every player can own a house, simple or Premium; Kinship can have their own.

PvP must have a good combat system and pvp age of wushu has clunky combat]

No ideas. reason: Istaria and Lotro are PVE

Most points (in my opinion) goes for Istaria. You can craft items with your choice. Would you add Crush II and Slash II abilities to your sword? Or would you rather add 2 slots for crystals so that you can add whatsoever bonuses later? It's up to you. Most resources are possible to get; some are very grindy, some are not. Almost every stuff, except very basic ones, are crafted by players and due to multi-classing abilities, you may find veterans capable of doing anything.

However, Istaria lacks PvP, huge player base and it does have levelling (kill monster, get 10 xp, gather 990 more xp to get to next lvl). Lotro may lack player-created stuff, has level-ups, but it has far larger player base.

• DesirsarDesirsar Member UncommonPosts: 117
    I tried the game and was put off by a number of recent design decisions, or I'd still be playing.  That said, it nearly meets your requirements, so if the genre is to your liking...  Fallen Earth.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Astro6

That sort of kills it right there.  There aren't many games with current graphics, fewer have a large playerbase, can't think of any that are heavily crafter oriented.

Currently, the trend for major games is action combat, personal storyline, near completely soloable, and definitely themepark.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.