Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFS increase rewards for territorial control already!!

MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Dear SOE,

I can see how you want to make the game easily accessible to any no-cash-monkey strolling around downloading your game for sh*ts and giggles, but for anyone remotely interested in coordinated play its starting to get really boring. Log on, do a coordinated OP, grab half of the map undefended just to lose the bits that are unguarded within minutes.

This was the nail in the coffin for Warhammer Online for me, and if it isn't fixed, it will be in Planetside 2. Make our f****ing efforts count. At least give some medal or honorboard or Xp bonus or ANYTHING for conquering territory.

As it is now, a session yields some thousand XP for taking facilities and the odd kill here and there and that's it. While noobcake infiltrators with semi-automatic sniper rifles rake in certs like crazy by just standing at the crown pot-shotting other noobs running up/down hills. And as it is, you need hundreds of hours of playtime to cert out a character...

So for the forseeable future, nobody in this game has any incentive to play in coordinated squad/platoon as it is now. While this game is fresh and F2P that won't be a problem.

But just wait until the FOTM-factor fades, there won't be a community left if you don't foster teamplay...

M

Comments

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461

There's no reason whatsoever to "cert out a character". THe game isn't built around this goal.

What do you think this is, a typical mmo? Sorry, no. Throw those decade old conventions overboard. Certing out a character is not even possible. Nor should it be.

Certs overall are fairly irrelevant. The starter weapons are very good.

ANd if you want organized play around goals and such... Join an outfit. That's the thing with a sandbox. No handholding.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    They need to release that map where your supposed be able to build bases. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    Originally posted by MadAce

There's no reason whatsoever to "cert out a character". THe game isn't built around this goal.

What do you think this is, a typical mmo? Sorry, no. Throw those decade old conventions overboard. Certing out a character is not even possible. Nor should it be.

ANd if you want organized play around goals and such... Join an outfit. That's the thing with a sandbox. No handholding.

You tell ME this? I'm the one running outfit ops every night invading graveyard county because 95% of the population is at hotspots grinding their eyeballs out for certs...

That's exactly what I meant.

Add meaning to conquering and holding territory, Lock hexes, add medals, titles, scoreboards, leaderboards, player built bases, what - the f*** - ever. 

But don't leave organized outfits in the rain of not even gaining a pat on the back for assigning roles, getting people on voice, organizing a combined arms force and actually do warfare...

You don't have to make it EvEside with player built continents and ressource gain or whatever. Just make our accomplishments matter for gods sake. I'd even be content with outfit ranks and decals.

M

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Meridion
    Originally posted by MadAce

You tell ME this? I'm the one running outfit ops every night invading graveyard county because 95% of the population is at hotspots grinding their eyeballs out for certs...

That's exactly what I meant.

Add meaning to conquering and holding territory, Lock hexes, add medals, titles, scoreboards, leaderboards, player built bases, what - the f*** - ever. 

But don't leave organized outfits in the rain of not even gaining a pat on the back for assigning roles, getting people on voice, organizing a combined arms force and actually do warfare...

You don't have to make it EvEside with player built continents and ressource gain or whatever. Just make our accomplishments matter for gods sake. I'd even be content with outfit ranks and decals.

M

QFT.

There is also literally NO benefit to defending bases right now.  None whatsoever.  You're ALWAYS better off attacking a base rather than defending.

What i would like to see is the ability for an Outfit to "claim" a base.  Maybe have some kind of outfit only resource that you can use and when you claim a base it takes a certain amount per hour but gives you nice benefits like say +50% turret HP and +10% turret damage.  Or say 20% faster respawn rate for outfit members in a claimed base.

Combine this with actual incentives to defend and lo and behold you wouldnt see the same see-saw BS that happens every day where one side lets the other 2 duke it out while they run around taking uncontrolled and undefended bases.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    There needs to be a minnimum amount of players required to flip a facility, perhaps something like 6 working together in a squad. Losing territory to a lone infiltrator is just a bit lame in my opinion and your squad ends up bouncing between two bases like a ping pong ball, which gets old very quickly.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• LuperzaLuperza Member Posts: 23

We're working on some meta-game changes that will hopefully help with what you seem to be experiencing. Be sure to post on the PlanetSide 2 forums as well as our Roadmap to help us make sure we are going in the direction you want. We definitely want our community to be as involved in our design decisions as possible. 

Margaret "Luperza" Krohn
    Your Friendly Community Relations Representative
    @PurrfectStorm | Friday Night Ops

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

Aside from bug and exploit fixes (of which I could list a lot) the biggest help right now would be:

Actual exp/certs for defending a base. I know, radical right? Why on earth do I get 250, 500, 1000exp per base for riding in the back of a sunderer while the zerg takes half the map but get zip, zero nada for successfully defending a base from attackers? In what little corner of the universe did that seem logical?

Territory control shouldn't be an on/off switch; the bonuses shouldn't kick in until you have held the base for an hour? maybe more or should start at some fraction of the bonus and ramp up higher over time.

Make base capture harder/slower so 3 guys in a sundy can't flip a base before anyone really notices they are there

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

i wont say im overly paranoid, but in the games current form, giving rewards when defending a base can be exploited.

there are a number of groups that would waste no time to go to a certain part of territory in a very lightly defended cont, make two opposing empire squads (BUT of the same outfit), start a invasion just to get the hack going for a few moments, then get the defending squad to resecure said base for EASY cert and xp,  repeat the process over and over - thus racking up rewards with next to no effort.

and when a number of greens happen to pay attention to see whats going on and call the rest of the zerg to "defend" the base. the group will simply pack up and move to another vacant territory/cont and start the process all over again.

with the limited amount of logistical tools in this game for players, this can be done stealthly and possibly for a long time, while everyone else is fighting and actually playing the game.

they are kidding themselves to think outfits wouldnt exploit such a flaw.

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783
    Seriously? You're worried about it being exploited? When for far less effort under the current system you can roll undefended continents for thousands of exp/hour?