Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Turbine Maintenance Implodes

2»

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Twigwarren, WestfarthingPosts: 2,714Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Harafnir
    Almost unrelated to OP, more to the people chatting. Am I the only one nowadays that still do "format c:" every few years on the puter?

I think it depends, based on your purpose :) If you mean wipe and reinstall OS every once and a while, then nope, you're not the only one. If you mean cleaning the disk, erasing sectors and clusters, etc. then yep, you're alone nowadays... (I couldn't even tell when was the last time I typed format, probably before win95... btw never use format without /q with the 1-3T hdds of today:) )

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,930Member Common
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Originally posted by XAPGames I wonder what's up with that?  Restructuring a data-center maybe.   Is a major patch expected?  
    https://twitter.com/lotro

"Billing and Support systems upgrades and maintenance."

"Today's maintenance is for our back-end systems, like billing and customer service. Nothing is changing in-game."

Not even "gameplay" related, that's the kicker.

Billing might possibly be the most important system.

Might be, also one you do not take offline on a Thursday - Friday going into a Federal Holiday.

• ThenextbigthingThenextbigthing NuneatonPosts: 104Member
    Originally posted by kevjards
    surely if it was the patch they added they could just do a rollback...must be server related or maybe i,m wrong i know very little about how mmo's work..i have a hard enough time understanding them.

It wasn't a patch. It was just routine maintenance and nothing that was intended to patch or adjust gameplay.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite CardiffPosts: 394Member Uncommon
    The servers are now back up for anyone who may be interested :)

2»