Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mark addresses the realm ranks & abilities question (sort of)

meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

More proof he has been busy reading this forum...

http://citystateentertainment.com/2013/02/top-ten-questions-no-realm-ranks-abilities-what/

I say "sort of" because, well, there's not really any details. But it does sound like it will in effect if not in name have a progression system not too different from DAOC. That's a relief (seriously).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Comments

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

he says this on massivly:

MarkJacobs
    6 hours ago

@Leiferio @anubis462 Okay, let me try again then. :)

The reason that I'm not calling them realm ranks is:

1) RR is the terminology that Dark Age of Camelot uses.

2) RR/RAs were built upon the premise that we needed another system to sit atop the main leveling system. The idea was to allow player to level up their character's abilities for RvR.

3) Since there is no PvE leveling in the game, the only leveling system(s) are geared around RvR so of course you will get things as you play and succeed in RvR, crafting, building,etc.

4) As a RvR-focused game, I expect we'll have more abilities/spells/etc. for players of CU than Dark Age had for RAs since RAs were a complimentary system and in CU there are the mainsystem.

Does this clear things up? Please let me know and I'll answer more tomorrow.

Mark

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by skyexile

he says this on massivly:

MarkJacobs
    6 hours ago

@Leiferio @anubis462 Okay, let me try again then. :)

The reason that I'm not calling them realm ranks is:

1) RR is the terminology that Dark Age of Camelot uses.

2) RR/RAs were built upon the premise that we needed another system to sit atop the main leveling system. The idea was to allow player to level up their character's abilities for RvR.

3) Since there is no PvE leveling in the game, the only leveling system(s) are geared around RvR so of course you will get things as you play and succeed in RvR, crafting, building,etc.

4) As a RvR-focused game, I expect we'll have more abilities/spells/etc. for players of CU than Dark Age had for RAs since RAs were a complimentary system and in CU there are the mainsystem.

Does this clear things up? Please let me know and I'll answer more tomorrow.

Mark

Ah thanks. I hadn't seen that. I guess some questions I'd like answered are:

• Will the abilities be passive, active, or both?
    • Will the abilities be the same for all 3 realms or will each realm have unique sets of abilities (or the same sets of abilities but distributed to different classes)?
    • Will the ability system have (more or less) infinite progression like in DAOC or will it be a 1-2 month to cap system mirroring leveling in standard MMOs?

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• Lore84Lore84 Member Posts: 69
    I am really keen to hear more about this, im wondering whether progression will be in a points system like DAOC or something completely different

Ex-DAOC, Excalibur

• aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94

I understand why they don't have realmranks. Though hard to get realmtitles would be pretty cool! Seeing the highest realmrank player in the whole realm was some special moment.

Further I liked the point system pretty much because you were able to decide what abilities you get on your own ... Well at least you should have enough points for sure. A mix of general and class specific passive/active abilities would be really cool!

• Lore84Lore84 Member Posts: 69
    I agree, i really liked the sytems there. However one thing that i really do hope lives on is at least titles. Also, not seeing enemy realm players names...just the titles and guild emblems

Ex-DAOC, Excalibur

• SeitrSeitr Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Originally posted by aylwynn

I understand why they don't have realmranks. Though hard to get realmtitles would be pretty cool! Seeing the highest realmrank player in the whole realm was some special moment.

I agree, I loved how in DAoC you could only see the enemies realm rank title and race above their head, but the highest realm ranks actually displayed the enemies name for you.