Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: 2013 game or expansion are you most looking forward to

Comments

• OnigodOnigod Noord-HollandPosts: 688Member
    I really think Wildstar is going to be a awesome game, better then most are expecting it to be.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon

An expansion to eq2,  nothing else matters all the new stuff is junk now days.  They are just short 3 month waste of time in my book. 

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,215Member Uncommon

Shadowbane 2.

Hey a guy can dream can't he?

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

• AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Shadowbane 2.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member
    GW2 expansion the rest look like MEH right now and the hype meter on most of them is way off scale.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

• EsLafielEsLafiel Radford, VAPosts: 92Member

Gw2 expansion is my main thing I want.

However,  going to try TESO out.

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly londonPosts: 102Member
    Wildstar WTF its 4 sure not 2013 .
  • BadSpockBadSpock Somewhere, MIPosts: 7,974Member

I don't know, they all kind of suck.

I'm hoping this year will be the year I get to play awesome new games that are amazing.. on a new console. That is a much more fun "rush" IMO - new console years are great.

But if I have to pick PC MMOs, I'm hoping FFXIV part deux turns out well, and maybe hearing a bit more about Black Desert because everything else looks like it just is more of the same.

Also hoping Bungie's Destiny is somewhat MMO like in form and might actually be an innovative title - really hoping it's next gen console too.

• achesomaachesoma Portland, ORPosts: 1,000Member Uncommon

Wildstar.

I'm still waiting for a MMO to really suck me in.  I've been MMO hopping for the past 2 years.  Nothing has really grabbed me in that time.  If Carbine can deliver what they are promising then it has a strong chance of keeping me as a customer in the long run. 

NW and ESO seem fun but doubtful they'll hold my interest longer than a couple months. 

• TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member
    PONG Reloaded.image

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• ariasaitchoariasaitcho Rapid City, SDPosts: 112Member

The game I'm most looking forward to is the same game I was looking forward to last year. :/

Lime Odyssey

• xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYPosts: 2,131Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Shadowbane 2.

Wouldn't that be nice.

DREAM-CRUSHER! Now if only the creator of Shadowbane would leave Kings Isle(Wizard 101 and Pirate101). Ohh wait!1 He wont, making way too much money and is fully vested in KI.Cant blame him! I would be too!

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM ZagrebPosts: 1,788Member

Unamed GW2 expansion later this year. I always expected that would be Cantha or Elona, but I was proven wrong by the terrible NCSoft directive to Arenanet: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/How-is-getting-rid-of-Cantha-a-universal-representation-of-humanity/first

F**king politics and culture...

• sanshi44sanshi44 BrisbanePosts: 1,088Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You got too much crap in that list and dont even have ArcheAge which has been one of the most anticipated for years.

I know. I wish I could edit polls. Major brain fail on my part. And EQNext and FFXIV:RR.

2013 should be a great year for MMOs.

No worries. "Other" kinda of filled in the blanks. And don't expect EQNext this year. I'd give it at least 2 more years before we see an inkling of even a CBT.

I reckon EQNext is a little further through development than everyone currently thinking, it has been in development to some degree since 2009 looking at the 10 year annerversary book, so thats 4 years of development as of next month most higher end games take what 3-4 years to finish so its quite posible it could come end of 2013 if were lucky depending on how much SoE been keeping hush hush, Seems like they realy wanna keep it a surprise lol.

Although i expect it to come out next year, realy looking forward to some more info in August for there fanfare.

Smed also said they've scrapped and rebooted three times because they didn't like what they had. From what he was saying, they really only started last year with what they're currently going forward with. At least that's what I got out of his latest EQNext posts.

90% of all asset made can be reused, Engine done, Characters designs prob done, mob design prob done, world prob done and reusuable for new designs, core concepts prob done may need minor tweaking. Egine is the biggest time consuming thing anfd thats be done and tested aswell in PS2.

From http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/20487/everquest-next-changed-because-of-writing-on-the-wall-with-swtor

The engine and tech powering SOE's EQ Next "has not changed," and "a lot of the guts" remain the same, but they went back to the drawing board on "all the design elements."

It was a year and a half ago that Sony decided EverQuest Next needed to be altered if it was going to stand the test of time. Today's MMOs enjoy a spike of interest that drops off.

From http://www.tentonhammer.com/eq2/news/john-smedley-talks-the-content-churn-cheating-and-eq-next

Also got : "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley.

• gamesrfungamesrfun Red Deer, ABPosts: 127Member
    EQNext/Archeage.
  • daltaniousdaltanious waPosts: 2,145Member Uncommon
    On my list are half of this. :-) + FFIV reborn. +Swtor "expansion".
  • XAleX360XAleX360 PescaraPosts: 397Member
    In that roster I'd say Wildstar, but I'm looking forward even more to The Repopulation and Archeage if they manage to release it in 2013 here.

Founder, CEO & Editor in Chief of Worlds Factory, a brand new videogame and entertainment online publication.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILPosts: 1,711Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    The Repopulation. I also want to try TESO

This

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Asheville, NCPosts: 366Member
    I'm really looking forward to Defience and Diablo 3 expansion if there is one. Oh yeah don't forget TESO and the repopulation

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,564Member Uncommon

Defiance - April is just around the corner!

followed by Archeage later in the year.

Also looking forward to lots of other MMOs but those are my top 2.

• BoneserinoBoneserino London, ONPosts: 1,628Member Uncommon

I am looking forward to whatever game I play next! 

Some are just names, so casually waiting to see what the actual games are like.  Others that are out already, well won't know until I try em.

My favortie game right now is about 4 years old, so just because something is new does not mean it is necessarily best or a must play.  Its like people assume since only Wow has been super successful, nothing since has been worth playing.  Sorry I see plenty of older games worth playing and maybe some of these new ones will be worth playing too, down the road.

No reason to get excited just yet.  Mildly interested maybe.

JMO

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• AzendisAzendis Posts: 9Member Uncommon
    TESO and Nevewinter.. Both look to be fun.
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,281Member Uncommon
    I don't get it. Everything you guys said a game should have is in Age of Wushu. Yet it has as many votes as DF:UW, and that games doesn't even work!  Heck Defiance has more. /sigh. I guess the ads aren't big enough...
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Champaign, ILPosts: 1,558Member Uncommon

I know polls only allow for a few vote subjects so not holding it against OP but forum designers.  Also, many of us don't know when our anticipated games will release if 2013 or higher.  Voted Other.

TESO

ArcheAge

Casually curious about Neverwinter but they've already left a bad taste in my mouth with their expensive founder packs.  I can't comprehend the type of greed that believes charging more from a select few rich people will get you more money than charging little from multitudes of common folk.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,845Member Uncommon

Wildstar !

May give TESO a brief look, but I have no great hopes for it...