Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invisible purchased gear…annoying BUG…ANET must fix this ASAP! Paid for gear that won't display...

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Toxia

This goes to in game purchased items as well. I know at least 10 people in my guild bought the armor boxes from the new laurel vendor, only to have it say "Content has been disabled"

So they wasted their laurels(that you can only get ONE per day) on something that doesnt work.

Fan of the game, not of these business practices.

know someone that had that happen to them but they  got their laurels refunded( took a few days after the ticket).. seems like good buisness practice to me.. this is also a company that was refunding people money for a game AFTER they had played for weeks and reached cap.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

* Sucks that it isn't working for you. I'm sorry your town clothes headgear is not displaying.

* They know that there is a problem and it should be rectified in an upcoming patch. Even without an ETA, I would not expect this to persist beyond the 26th.

* That said, all my town clothes head gear seems to be working just fine.

* Again, I'm sorry it's not working. Maybe there should be a disclaimer or something, but it's defintely not a gamebreaking issue and should be rectified. I do believe that it should be taken care of in a timely manner and perhaps there will be some sort of compensation, but they are not trying to steal anything from you or be dishonest.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by Elfahiar

Originally posted by strangepower Sorry you feel so entitled to share your personal problems while bashing a whole company in the title of your post. Illogical and emo at the very least; kids these days.
    I removed ANET from the topic title, is it better? Sorry, didn't mean to hurt

We know you edited your title and posts numerous times, originally you out right called A-net thieves in your post verbatim. I'm glad you finally figured it out.

As far as the topic goes... I think I am not going to avoid the store as it has never given me a problem and if it did it would not be such a big deal that I would feel the need to post on a public forum as I know from experience these things tend to work out on their own without me attempting to slander a company in any fashion. That's logical as nobody here could possibly help me with any problem in game and it's not emotional as I am not "moved" to convince strangers to see things my way.

P.S. Sorry Amana, I'm not trying to make your job hard...you know me. /respect

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by botrytis

It was a known issue with Rangers at least 1.5 weeks ago. A.Net was the one who said NOT to buy because it won't show properly not a player (that was on Reddit and their official forums).  That is all it is. It is not a big deal, yet you went out of your way to make one. I don't get it.....

I agree. Arenanet never promised the item to cause a displayable effect. They got an item and if they expect the effect of the item to be 100% working then they haven't done their homework. Bugs happen, Arenanet didn't break any promise or act "unethical", they gave you the item you bought and they have no reason to give anyone a refund.

Next time someone buys anything: stop assuming that they work like you think they do, read what you are actually buying and what your rights are so that you don't complain afterwards.

Rubbish, of course fluff clothing should display. This is an item sold in a cash shop, if it doesn't work it should not be for sale, this is a very poor practice, if it does not work, don't sell it.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

aww I see a great potential here =D

I guess I'll open net-shop and sell you items which JUST does not display, as I never told it would.

With such customers I could buy my own game in no time. =XD

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

aww I see a great potential here =D

I guess I'll open net-shop and sell you items which JUST does not display, as I never told it would.

With such customers I could buy my own game in no time. =XD

Everyone needs to chill. The reason the items are still being sold and they aren't sending out refunds is because its not a bug with a specific item. The option to hide/unhide headgear became bugged with the most recent patch. It will display for some and won't for others. If it isn't displaying for you, don't freak out, they are working on fixing the bug. 

Again, this item is still being sold because the bug isn't affecting everyone. It's only affecting those that had hide helmet selected prior to the most recent patch. 

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

So we are bitching about a pair of bunny ears now?

**GET YOUR PITCHFORKS HERE**

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Maephisto

Inspired a new sig, in fact.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Maephisto

But do the pitchforks display properly, is the question. 

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Wow this topic has really gotten out of hand lol. To clarify some things for others in this thread, the town headgear, and the bunny ears DO work properly. The large majority of players can still see thier hats while in town clothes, the bug is with the individual player, not the item in the store. The reason Anet is still selling them is because they still work perfectly, for most people. It wouldnt make sense for them to remove items that are not broken now would it?

To OP, Im sorry you are one of the unlucky ones that had your choice locked from the new patch. The option was removed accidentally, and it will be returned, it only locked to what you already had as an option, so before this you were already not displaying headgear. https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Where-is-my-hat/first#post1325308 I do agree that Anet should refund you if thats what you desire, OR you can just wait until the option is given back, since you still own the item, and it will display once you can check the box. 

To everyone else, you should spend some time researching issues before posting your opinions. Theres a whole lot of misinformation in this thread, and Im not blaming anyone, but get your facts straight. All the talk about Anet removing the items is just silly. Theres nothing wrong with the items. Clearly you havent researched the issue if you think the item is whats broken. Personally, I dont have a problem with my town clothes on any of my 8 characters. They all display, and I can happily change from one to the other, even the bunny ears, witch's hat, baseball cap, and any other head piece. They all work perfectly well, and Anet has no reason to stop selling them. 

It is sad, that there is a bug affecting a small number of players. I know Anet is working to get it fixed, but I still agree they should offer refunds to those who want it. Even though, chances are once its fixed, those same players would end up buying the same items again anyways, its just part of customer service.

• XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by strangepower

Originally posted by strangepower Sorry you feel so entitled to share your personal problems while bashing a whole company in the title of your post. Illogical and emo at the very least; kids these days.
    I removed ANET from the topic title, is it better? Sorry, didn't mean to hurt

We know you edited your title and posts numerous times, originally you out right called A-net thieves in your post verbatim. I'm glad you finally figured it out.

As far as the topic goes... I think I am not going to avoid the store as it has never given me a problem and if it did it would not be such a big deal that I would feel the need to post on a public forum as I know from experience these things tend to work out on their own without me attempting to slander a company in any fashion. That's logical as nobody here could possibly help me with any problem in game and it's not emotional as I am not "moved" to convince strangers to see things my way.

P.S. Sorry Amana, I'm not trying to make your job hard...you know me. /respect

"We know you edited your title and posts numerous times, originally you out right called A-net thieves in your post verbatim. I'm glad you finally figured it out."

I can give any company the name I want, based on my personal experience - as well as edit my post. But I had to tone it down because of reactions like your. I am still not sure why people like you are feeling hurt by my topic, since you're not amongst customers who experienced this problem, then: why are you feeling so hurt and need to defend ANET? I don't get it. I believe it's not your company (but I could be wrong...who knows, maybe you are Mike O'Brien? ^^)

" if it did it would not be such a big deal that I would feel the need to post on a public forum"

I am happy for you (sincerely). I'm happy to know you'd have done otherwise.

I personaly did "my way" because it's been more than 2 weeks my character is glitched, if you want I can post screens from my wife's character as well, she has the exact same problem (with wizard hat etc.) - as well as many other players - and since support couldn't do anything for us and they promised a patch that's still not here, I wanted to post something on MMORPG.COM to get our voices heard because I am 100% sure their reps also check these boards from time to time. They patched the game and introduced new cosmetic items on the Gem Store 2 days ago, but still didn't fix what they promised to fix before. We are feeling leftout with our invisible items (not that we are poor but we paid money for it). So because I am 100% sure ANET is watching these forums from time to time I wanted to get their attention and warn other players as well.

---

Bottom line is: before taking the hassle to patch the game with new items on the Gem Store they should fix the previous ones IMHO. I am still unable to display my purchases as we speak...my wife either. But the -$ taken from our bank accounts are real.

PEACE. I will update and give feedback as soon as ArenaNet did something and the items are displaying again. I should specify I may not be the biggest Guild Wars player outhere, but I got 13/30 on the Hall of Monuments reward program, I bought Guid Wars when it was released back in the day and sink hundred hours of my life in it, bought all expansions as collector editions, spent countless money on the In-Game Store, same with Guild Wars 2, I know you are A-net fans but PLEASE don't believe I hurt your beloved company in any way because I probably gave them more money I ever gave to another gaming company. That's just the way this particular case is handled that's weirding me out. They are adding new items and our previous purchases still don't display and we are feeling left out so yes maybe I acted too emotional, but we have no updates or clear communication about the case so I just wanted to get our voices heard. What's the problem with some people trying to shut us up or mock us (with their sigs for example), I don't understand

EDIT: To Amana, thanks a lot for allowing my topic to remain opened, and sorry for all the work I gave you (considering all the editing you've done) you can be sure the freedom of speech you give us on these boards is very appreciated ^^

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    People who want to dress up female virtual avatars like playboy mansion bunnies don't deserve to get what they want.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor
    People who want to dress up female virtual avatars like playboy mansion bunnies don't deserve to get what they want.

Well, my wife had problems with the Wizard hat, bunny ears was just an example; it's concerning all head pieces (like Pirate Hat etc.) - but thanks for your insight "Elite Member", I will replace the screenshot with Wizard Hat instead.

Well, my wife had problems with the Wizard hat, bunny ears was just an example; it's concerning all head pieces - but thanks for your insight "Elite Member", I will replace the screenshot with Wizard Hat instead.

I was just joking.. but seriously.. they will fix these problems. Shit happens. When I upgraded to the digital deluxe edition I couldn't use the mistfire wolf for weeks for some reason. Not ideal but it got fixed eventually. No need to go ranting on forums about it.

No need to go ranting on forums about it.

Read my previous post, just above, for explanations on why I did. Also...no need to reply if you find that it's not a big deal (so many topics on this forum, honestly)

No need to go ranting on forums about it.

Read my previous post, just above, for explanations on why I did. Also...no need to reply if you find that it's not a big deal for you (so many topics on this forum, really)

Yes, I see. You only want people to reply if they are on the same hate train as you. In other words.. only people who share your expressed opinion need to apply, others are not welcome. Good luck with that.

Yes, I see. You only want people to reply if they are on the same hate train as you.

Never said this...nothing like "hate"...once again, read my previous (lenghty) explanation

Yes, I see. You only want people to reply if they are on the same hate train as you.

Never said this...nothing like "hate"...once again, read my previous (lenghty) explanation

You said it here "no need to reply if you find that it's not a big deal".

Yes because you said  "No need to go ranting on forums about it." so in the same spirit, I replied to you = then no need to mind my rant/ Don't take the hassle to reply if that's irrelevant for you

Anyway, PLEASE Amana, feel free to delete this topic, I am sorry about it, sorry for the trouble caused

Yes because you said  "No need to go ranting on forums about it." so in the same spirit, I replied to you = then no need to mind my rant/ Don't take the hassle to reply if that's irrelevant for you

Anyway, PLEASE Amana, feel free to delete this topic, I am sorry about it

lol, I dont mind your rant but you obviously wanted to talk about it.. why else is it here?

You should get what you paid for, obviously.. but there's limits to how perfectly well life works. When your electric goes off for a few hours do you start posting on forums about that as well? or do you save that pleasure exclusively for games? Stuff goes wrong sometimes but it'll get fixed.

Anyway.. again.. you've said "Don't take the hassle to reply if that's irrelevant for you".. really reinforces the fact you only want to talk to people that agree with you doesn't it?

No offense but you're comparing two things completely different... Electricity is a "top priority" need and when you don't have it for two hours, you obviously call the company to have it back and don't visit a forum (which is impossible to do anyway since you don't have power) now because after I told you 2 times to read my explanations but you obviously didn't, I'm going to explain it again:
    We were just feeling left out, I wasnt talking about 2 hours but 2 weeks, 2 weeks that we paid for cosmetic items that don't display and support can't do anything about it, they told us they will patch the issue but they patched the game 2 days ago (we've been waiting for 2 weeks) and added more items but still didn't fix the problem and head gear is still on sale although it doesn't display for people like us. So contrary to an Electricity company, since MMORPG's are an online thing and by essence have active online communities and A-net / NCSoft are checking these, I wanted to make some noise and talk about this glitch because it feels like our voices are not being heard or taken seriously enough.
    I understand you would not have done this if you paid for somehing you didn't get, but it's the way I chose. You may think it's not the way to do (your right), but it's only your opinion. Sometimes you have to blow sh** up to get results in life...peace.
  • eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Aside from a lot of hypocritical or unnecessary statements from some of  the guys defending you and some that are attacking you OP, just contact support and also be patient.

A-NET clearly isn't trying to rob you(That was what the title use to have just in different words), if this issue occured with any other developer my response would be the same, even for EA.

I like how defenders didn't see the issue in that statement(That let's be honest is not right in any way what so ever) made, but it's okay let's play the pretend game as usual.

To be honest shit like this happens, I'd be heated to, would I go make assumptions and bring it into a forum that in all honesty can't help...not my thing, maybe for the warning aspect sure, except I'd get right to the point rather than making false statements or crazy exaggerations.

Someone brought up a real life situation, okay let's put it this way, if a one of the many products aren't working as intended, do they stop selling all of the products?!?!?

Though we are talking about a video game, so they notice there is an issue with (Can't say some or many)people, was it all, and did it increase?

If no to those questions then obviousely like all video games with issues like this there will be a patch that will most likely fix the issue.

It's also visual, its' not the sheer fact you bought it and got nothing, it's clearly visual.

I don't have an issue that you are warning people, but the way you yourself stated the shit did give issues, if it was your way on this forum your main goal was to just belittle the company for a mistake just like some of the hypocrites defending you getting on "fanbois" for belittling you which is wrong in itself as well.

I understan your upset but it is not the end of the world, now I can't say no time limit but usually unless A-NET are really dumb, it's going to be fixed.

Hell some only agree with you because they can't comprehend the fact that Ascendent gear can be obtain not just by fractals and isn't even gating content, it's not even a necessity, but they will keep reminding everyone in almost every single thread about the opposite.(I'm just getting into the nitty gritty of the actual main concern, it may have not been literally said but it's the actual issue.)

Note: I use the word some as it's obvious who it is that's really just here on a agenda(check trends of post it's obvious let's not play that game of dumbass), now am I perfect no, is anybody in the entire world perfect? hell no even developers OMFG mind boggling.

I do hope your issue is fixed soon I personally haven't ran into the visual issue myself, good luck OP.

Peace out.

this post is getting overlooked as usual, we don't like logic on the interwebz

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

LMAO!!! that exactly why most of new games sells such items! never mind, some sells air instate.

Suggestion: lets all play monk-looking female!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Anyway, PLEASE Amana, feel free to delete this topic, I am sorry about it, sorry for the trouble caused

No need to apologise, I think you are right to raise the issue. Sometimes the only way to encourage companies to treat customers better is to publicise their failures.

Originally posted by RefMinor

No need to apologise, I think you are right to raise the issue. Sometimes the only way to encourage companies to treat customers better is to publicise their failures.

Thanks for understanding, even if I didn't do this to "publicise" any failure but more like..."Let's try to make noise and get their attention" because new patches have been applied to the game, new items introduced on the store, but still no patch for our issue, we are feeling left out- still no patch for our problem, when it's just a stupid checkbox "display helmet on/off" to add back how can somebody think it's difficult or takes time to fix? They are very fast to fix bugs/exploits when their OWN money is concerned.

Let's not forget A-net were terminating game accounts without pity when - because of their own mistake - people made too much money from crafting Snowflake Jewelry, but when they screw up themselves and we pay with real money for cosmetic items that don't display (then what's the value of a cosmetic item in this case?) and it's still not fixed after 2 weeks, what can we do? Terminate their account too? lol.

Originally posted by elitero
    Originally posted by RizelStar

this post is getting overlooked as usual, we don't like logic on the interwebz

No I already sent him a private message just after he posted this, RizelStar can tell you if he's around...I'm not against logic...