Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PWI = the most expensive F2P MMO!

GorkosGorkos Member UncommonPosts: 76

According to this thread and some high-lvl players, you need to pay at least 1000-1500 dollars to have a rank 9 (best gear) character if you don't want to be useless in end-game instances and PVP. I said at least. And that's only ONE character.

Not to mention, you can't even farm the money in-game anymore, it would take years to get enough coins and people who farm instances are all rank 9 and do it solo. No one does TT anymore, TT mats are useless, everyone's power leveling to 101 (requierement for rank 9).

I remember back in 2009, before rank 9 and the aps craze, this game used to be one of the best F2P games with a friendly community and now it's completely ruined by a greedy company and elitist players. RIP PWI.

Comments

• OdietamoOdietamo Member Posts: 1
    How very very true. I have played it for years and still am no where near close to getting r9 gear. I went to a private server just so i could be an end game player
  • flashrobinflashrobin Member Posts: 9
    That's really sad man.
  • SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Odietamo
    How very very true. I have played it for years and still am no where near close to getting r9 gear. I went to a private server just so i could be an end game player

I played PWI in their malaysian servers and then only I knew this game will loot all the money from me. I skipped their US launch and it seems I have done justice to my real life wallet.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    This is true, but most of the other PWE games are almost as expensive.  I remember reading a thread in the Jade Dynasty forums a couple years back and a few players had spent upwards of $2,000 on the game.  The really bad games to avoid from the publisher are PWI, Jade Dynasty, Ether Saga and Battle/War of the Immortals.  Those games are hardcore Pay to Win and will take you for every penny you've got if you let them.  The other PWE games aren't too bad and are reasonable enough though.