Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you gonna fund it?

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistPosts: 2,177Member Uncommon

In light of the recent hype and potentially old school game we have all been begging for for years I have to know.

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,015Member Uncommon
    Nope, I've already backed too many KS projects. It's time to sit back and see if any actually bear fruit or if the whole thing is just a dud.
  • ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,058Member Uncommon

It's Mark Jacobs. Sorry but I keep my money to help the little poeple. That really do not have the money themselves. 

Come on. The budget for the game was finished maybe a year ago? I doubt they really need this money and the budget is set in stone already. Might pre-order when more info is available and where closer to launch though. I might be absolutly wrong, but I am sure the game will be created whatever I kickstart it or not and it will be exectly the same game. Very maybe some feature will be added later or release will be a later. 

• boxsndboxsnd Kraxton, ARPosts: 438Member Uncommon
    This will be the first kickstarter project that I will back.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• ArconaArcona VanlosePosts: 1,181Member Uncommon

When it launches on kickstarter im finally out of economy hell, so yeeeees, and then some :)

I have funded Elite Dangerous and War For The Overworld in the past

backers get the option to get beta access and the full game at a cheaper price than at release, so why not...

• Lore84Lore84 NorthamptonPosts: 69Member
    I certainly will, it'll be the first one that i've backed but its just gotta be done :D

Ex-DAOC, Excalibur

• Origin1983Origin1983 thatPosts: 3Member
    Originally posted by boxsnd

Mine too.

• ThorbrandThorbrand West Palm Beach, FLPosts: 1,198Member
    There is no way I would found a game that is using DAoC to promote the game for what it isn't going to be. It is just going to be WvWvW from GW2, limited to no PvE (No a MMO at this point.) with multitiered subscriptions. If you can't see the scam from what they already said about the game you are not helping those of us that demand more from our games.
  • RaventreeRaventree Yourtown, MNPosts: 456Member

I loved DAoC but I have been playing MMOs long enough to know that they all sound amazing on paper until they actually arrive.  GW2 was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus and it turned out to be just another meh addition to the MMO collection with some strengths and weaknesses.  I just can't get that fired up about a game anymore until I hear whether the player feedback is good or not.

Also, this might be sort of "in the spirit" of DAoC, but it is not DAoC II, which actually would get me fired up.

Put up a Kickstarter for DAoC II and then I will drop some money with no questions asked.

Currently playing:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by boxsnd

Same here. I would like to get in as soon as possible, so just gotta wait to see how much it's gonna cost me now.  image

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    Dark Age of Camelot

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist Posts: 2,177Member Uncommon

Im old school and desperate, but also super leery after so many disappointments. If $10 gets me beta I'm down (and it would be the first project fund on KS). If they are asking a lot, or pulling a cash grab ex. for 1000 you get X, Y, and Z to make u uber, then I'll abandon the game entirely.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member
    I will be funding this for sure, I look forward to the return of true meaningful PvP.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• jdnycjdnyc Long Island City, NYPosts: 1,696Member
    Game lost me at Mark Jacobs.  Don't trust anything that guy says.
  • RaagnarzRaagnarz North Las Vegas, NVPosts: 270Member Uncommon

I've never funded a kickstarter before. As someone who has invested in other things in my life I found the thought of investing with no stake in the return, well offputting. I always invested with my head and not my hear. I live in Vegas and it was the same rule I followed when I bet lol.

That being said this will be the 1st kickstarter I fund. While I won't receive a financial return I will without a see a roi. That return will be in the form of entertainment. Yes anyone can say the right things. Unlike other kickstarter campaigns this will see the light of day if it is funded. Love or hate Mark he has started 2 companies, sold one, and created/launched two high profile games. You might not have liked his games but they did come out and he has a proven track record of bringing things to market. If this kickstarter goal gets reached I have no doubt the game will launch. I bet and invest with my head...normally. This time it will be with the heart.

• AllizarAllizar Houston, TXPosts: 54Member

Should I donate to Hoover when I want a new vacuum cleaner or Toyota when I want a new car?

If I am giving a company money to invest then I'll be getting stock back.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Newark, DEPosts: 232Member Uncommon

I don't mind pitching into KS projects or paying for pre-release game time and items. I LOVED DAOC, but nothing I have seen about this game appeals to me.

Top Games Played in 2015: World of Tanks, Tera, World of Warships

• FishmittsFishmitts doylestown, PAPosts: 227Member
    If I'm going to back anything it would be Star Citizen. I am looking forward to the game though, Ive heard so many good things about Daoc but I'm still confused what happened. Was it like a SWG fiasco?
  • ArconaArcona VanlosePosts: 1,181Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Im old school and desperate, but also super leery after so many disappointments. If $10 gets me beta I'm down (and it would be the first project fund on KS). If they are asking a lot, or pulling a cash grab ex. for 1000 you get X, Y, and Z to make u uber, then I'll abandon the game entirely.

there will be big pledges and small pledges. War For the overworld I recently backed and other games usually offer a copy of the final game and beta access at very cheap price.

If you abandon the game if someone pledge $5000 then you should abandon it now, because there will be tier for rich people. They usually get invited to launch party and get to design some of the game, like a quest as ex

btw, new blog on the homepage :)

• tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,800Member Uncommon
    Can't say yet. All MJ has said so far sound good, but I'm not gonna fund mere ideas. If they don't have anything to show (which I doubt because they have not even decided on the engine yet) for the Kickstarter I will hold my money until I see something more substantial than just concept art and words.
  • meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,139Member Uncommon
    I'm leaning yes (although I'm not completely confident this will ultimately work out any better than WAR or GW 2 or for that matter TESO) but I'll wait to decide for sure until after the kickstarter rewards are revealed.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,162Member Uncommon
    I have never backed a game before in KS but this one so far is looking like it might be my first. Unless something comes out that I don't like I see myself throwing some cash at it. There is still a lot of time left before it goes up, so I'am keeping a close eye on it. So as of right now, its a yes but still waiting to hear more about what he has plans to do.
  • Marcus-Marcus- Posts: 972Member Uncommon

Uncertain at this point.

Theres a lot I like, but theres definetly things that make me a bit leary. When MJ said if they reached their KS goal, then he would throw his own cash in well, I dunno how accurate I am, but that sort of makes me feel like I/we are stepping out on to this limb before he is. Yet he's certainly the one to benefit the most from this project, as its his project.

I definetly need more info.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger La Quinta, CAPosts: 2,596Member

I've backed enough for a while.  It's time for other people to kick down and support indie mmo games if they so desire.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• FlickehFlickeh Newton AbbotPosts: 3Member
    I'll probably back it, but i'll withhold a definite yes or no until i've heard everything and i see what the Kickstarter offers along with stretch goals.
  • tleartlear Toronto, ONPosts: 142Member
    Yes without a doubt. I been preaching about game like this for years time to put $ where my mouth is. I backed stuff on Kickstarter before its fun :) and amount of money is nothing much really
  • SyrixIISyrixII Loris, SCPosts: 43Member

MJ, you have my full support. I will be a kickstarter backer. I may not have a lot to offer, but i feel that's it's worth it.