Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

current beta news?

Just wondering how the beta testing is going and if anything new or exciting has popped up?

Comments

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by mysticmouse
    Just wondering how the beta testing is going and if anything new or exciting has popped up?
    Most excited is the server is very stable im playing from europe and ive also no lag at all very smooth.

They working on friendlist and squelch plus fixing bugs and displacements of buildings objects.

Dont forget this dev team have never worked on ac2 so they learning to program this game again.

So far they doing a great job and they realy wanne ac2 succeed luckly for me they try keep it old school and won't implement much new generation featers most know from wow and other themeparks.

AC2 as you know is kind close to sandbox with littlebit of themepark.

Its a great game for all who wanne experience a old game with open world no insatnce no guidance no quest hubs or npc's with ! above head, its there where its very close to sandbox.

It have nice drops that reminds you of themeparks with fun stuff you can travel fast by portals.

AC2Forever!!!

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

A better thing might be to just link this post:

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=59067

Where Turbine talks about their immediate plans for AC2.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    pretty cool.
  • JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

A better thing might be to just link this post:

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=59067

Where Turbine talks about their immediate plans for AC2.

That is really cool, and it looks like the developers are doing it the right way. They already like the core of the game and aren't going to change it.. They are working on polishing the game before it goes live with reinstating the friends list as a top priority. They are not trying to speed development up, but instead taking the time to learn the scripts used in the past first. 

One goal that they plan to work on is to be able to compare items side by side. They are also working on shoring up KvK.

They are also only planning to run one server (no dedicated PK server), and if I read it right, keep the same subscription model in that one sub for both AC1 and AC2. Severlin said one server is big enough to handle the amount of people that should play. I think this is really wise and probably something they should have done before they closed AC2 the first time. They should have combined Frostfell and Thistledown.

One question on my mind is I wonder if they will eventually use the SOE model and charge a monthly sub for all their games. I think that would be wise because you can only play one game at a time. And if you want to take a break from one game,  you may be more likely to keep subbing by moving to another one of their games.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Cool thanks for the info! I am going to try and come back sometime in March- Life is just too busy to start playing another game right now.