Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invisible purchased gear…annoying BUG…ANET must fix this ASAP! Paid for gear that won't display...

XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105

UPDATE March, 2, 2013: Still not fixed and got "sanction" threat in private message from French moderators on forum for asking about the bug in the support section (funny because I never insulted any time, it seems they want to delete any angry customer message regarding this issue). I have only one thing to say: TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. After investing more than $200+ in the gem store, and years of content in Guild Wars 1, I can't believe they are treating me like this. All we want is ANET to communicate and tell us when our purchases will display again, we just need ANET to tell us something, even if the planned patch is in 3 months from now...being ignored and sanctionned is not the way ANET should deal with these things IMHO

NEW EDIT: So I learned why this bug is happening. Head gear for town clothing does not display anymore because they removed the ability to hide helmet (which is a good move since anyway, town clothing parts do not need to be turned on/off individually! We should just equip/unequip the parts we want since town clothing doesn't have "stats" contrary to regular gear anyway) but they completely forgot that some people had turned head gear off before this (for example, some people didn't want to display the pirate hat from their pirate costume), which means affected customers are now unable to see head pieces they purchase / purchased. Which is even worst IMHO... this is really silly. How could a developer think like "hey, we're going to remove the ability to hide helmet" without thinking one second about the people who currently have it set to "hidden", of course they will be unable to "turn it on" thus won't be able to see their cosmetic purchases after such update! It's not like A-net are amateurs or something, c'mon... Also, it doesn't take much time to fix. They just have to update their database for all users (TownClothingHeadSlotDisplay=1 or whatever it is called) to force every people to have their gear 'on' again. This kind of things doesn't take 2 weeks to fix...

EDIT: because of the first replies below I must insist on the fact that it's impossible to turn on/off head gear display (see my screenshot below) and recognized as a general bug affecting many players by the ANET moderator (see other screenshot below)

---

I paid for cosmetic head gear but it won't display. It's been 2 weeks now.

Same problem with EVERY town clothing I own (pirate hat etc.). Town clothing head gear don't display anymore since before the update that introduced the "riding broom".

French community manager said ANET recognized this bug is affecting many players, they'll fix it but don't know when:

Why we are feeling left out...3 days ago they patched the game and even added new items to the Gem Store but still didn't fix anything. I paid for an item that won't display, and 15 days after, still no news / no update.

Invisible "Bunny Ears" - how awesome is that:

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Uncheck the "Hide helmet" and get back to us.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Uncheck the "Hide helmet" and get back to us.

FUNNY GUY...this option disappeared

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Ignorance makes up for many mistakes.

Who are you talking to?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

It's frustrating ain't it.

I'm more concerned with them herding everyone to the gem store to gear. Buy gems to get gold effectively.if you're a new player beware you'll get ample drops until you hit that level 80. Then you might either join the Arenanetlotteryclub or the permaDR club. Most likely it will be the permaDR club where you will have things like boss chests not appearing in dungeons or in meta events, you'll have a large enough collection of porous bones from 30 minutes of doing an event in Orr to make your own Conan Skull Thrown, but earning gold? might as well hang it up. What's sad is you can take screenshots and videos of what happens to you and they know it's real they still don't do anything about it. It's been 4 months now since whatever happened to the loot is still happening, what do we see? they tell us it's an Xfiles conspiracy despite the evidence to the contrary. This is the stingiest game I've ever played.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

He payed for something and is not working as intented. 

I like GW2 and Anet, but how can people defend that? Anet should not sell something that is clearly bugged and either come with a solution very fast or reinburst the player who have the problem. Just like with items in real life. If they do not work as intented then you supposed to get a replacement or your money back. I don't think we should allow companies to do less in a virtual store when you pay with real money. 

Originally posted by strangepower

Sorry you feel so entitled to share your personal problems while bashing a whole company in the title of your post.

Illogical and emo at the very least; kids these days.

I removed ANET from the topic title, is it better? Sorry, didn't mean to hurt

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Coman

He payed for something and is not working as intented. 

I like GW2 and Anet, but how can people defend that? Anet should not sell something that is clearly bugged and either come with a solution very fast or reinburst the player who have the problem. Just like with items in real life. If they do not work as intented then you supposed to get a replacement or your money back. I don't think we should allow companies to do less in a virtual store when you pay with real money. 

Well put, they should offer a refund until they resolve the problem as a matter of course.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

[mod edit]

Anyways, I'd contact support about it like customer support and get in contact that what you payed for isn't working. They worry a lot more about money issues so its more likely to get it solved/refunded quicker if you contact them in that way over traditional support tickets.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

It was a known issue with Rangers at least 1.5 weeks ago. A.Net was the one who said NOT to buy because it won't show properly not a player (that was on Reddit and their official forums).  That is all it is. It is not a big deal, yet you went out of your way to make one. I don't get it.....

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    [mod edit]

Don't worry about it, people on the GW2 forum here are less than stellar and think it's the second coming. Just move on, you've made it known about a game breaking glitch for some people. Others won't care. Just depends on the player.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by botrytis

It was a known issue with Rangers at least 1.5 weeks ago. A.Net was the one who said NOT to buy because it won't show properly not a player (that was on Reddit and their official forums).  That is all it is. It is not a big deal, yet you went out of your way to make one. I don't get it.....

It's actually a bigger deal to me then. So they know this and still have it in there store? That just dumb, they either have a crappy system that make it's hard to remove items from the store or they kept something in the store they tell poeple not to buy in the hopes someone actually does? 

Most poeple do not read Reddit and there official forums. They know that better then anyone else. So why keep the item? It's only stresses you CS even more with complains and you get unhappy consumers. I am not saying they are stealing from the consumers, but seems like a odd move to me.

It's actually a bigger deal to me then. So they know this and still have it in there store?

They have it in the store because the item exists and is just not displayed! The bug is visual. How many time does one have to repeat it?

Indeed it visual. Is the whole point of fluff not to be visual? I mean that's really the only function of the whole thing and it DOES NOT do that. How often does one need to repeat that.

It's actually a bigger deal to me then. So they know this and still have it in there store?

They have it in the store because the item exists and is just not displayed! The bug is visual. How many time does one have to repeat it?

Are town clothes there just for display value?

It's actually a bigger deal to me then. So they know this and still have it in there store? That just dumb, they either have a crappy system that make it's hard to remove items from the store or they kept something in the store they tell poeple not to buy in the hopes someone actually does? 

Most poeple do not read Reddit and there official forums. They know that better then anyone else. So why keep the item? It's only stresses you CS even more with complains and you get unhappy consumers. I am not saying they are stealing from the consumers, but seems like a odd move to me.

One of the things many of us pointed out to the devs about how they talk to people, they finally listened when it comes to patch notes (yeah imagine getting patches and not seeing a single thing in their own official forums about it)

But everything else? Forget it. They are not only posting to Reddit they are posting to Wiki of all things! It's so weird. Whoever is managing over there needs to go back to college and learn what organization means because they have their heads up their butts clearly.

It's an item to purchase, visual or not you paid for it it's not displaying they admitted it was a problem but didn't offer a refund an ETA to when it will be fixed nor have they taken it out of the store, he didn't get what he paid for,  how many times does that have to be repeated?

Do you get mad when you go thru a drive thru and not get what you ordered? same thing.

Imagine a manager at McDonalds saying something like "We know that order efficiency is a problem. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention!" without remedying the problem with the correct order for free or taking care of the employee that did it wrong and a few months later you still aren't getting orders correctly.

Indeed it visual. Is the whole point of fluff not to you know have it visual? I mean that's really the only function of the whole thing and it DOES NOT do that. How often does one need to repeat that.

It displays the rest of the outfit just fine, just not the head piece. And the head piece will be back in a soon to come patch.

I really don't want to see your reaction about a really "game breaking" bug.

It's not about the bug. It about someone paying for something that does not work. In my opinion companies should be held accountable just like with real life items. If I buy something I want it to be in perfect order. If one thing is broken I want a new one or repaired even if that one thing is not "Ïtem breaking" and the items would still work as good.  

EDIT: To me it just not about this thing, but what would we allow? If the whole thing would not display? If only the shirt displayed it would be ok? 

It displays the rest of the outfit just fine, just not the head piece.

I was talking more about the bunny ears, which are sold as head gear only (like glasses) it's totally not displaying but still on sale

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67

I think that's pretty bad that it's still for sale in the gem shop when they know it is bugged. I'd be annoyed too if I were you, OP, and I think they should reimburse your gems. I'm not a "hater" of ANet or GW2 by any means, but if I'm understanding the situation correctly, this is crappy customer service.

Originally posted by Elfahiar
    It displays the rest of the outfit just fine, just not the head piece. And the head piece will be back in a soon to come patch.

I was talking more about the bunny ears, which is sold as head gear only (like glasses) it's totally not displaying but still on sale

It's annoying, no doubt, but definitely not theft or game breaking. I own glasses which display just fine, so it's really just a localized bug.

You still own the item, and it will be visible as soon as the bug is fixed. All I can say is that if it was me buying some headgear and seeing it's not working, I'd have searched about a bug, and seeing it's just unintended, I'd have waited patiently. As I said, I rather have my town clothe's headgear not working than my weapon damage reduced to 0 or my armor not working properly. At least I can still play the game at 100% efficiency.

I would rather have a display item on sale for cash to be functional, especially if the company selling it to me knew it was not functional at the time of the sale.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by Elfahiar

I was talking more about the bunny ears, which is sold as head gear only (like glasses) it's totally not displaying but still on sale

It's annoying, no doubt, but definitely not theft or game breaking. I own glasses which display just fine, so it's really just a localized bug.

You still own the item, and it will be visible as soon as the bug is fixed. All I can say is that if it was me buying some headgear and seeing it's not working, I'd have searched about a bug, and seeing it's just unintended, I'd have waited patiently. As I said, I rather have my town clothe's headgear not working than my weapon damage reduced to 0 or my armor not working properly. At least I can still play the game at 100% efficiency.

I would rather have a display item on sale for cash to be functional, especially if the company selling it to me knew it was not functional at the time of the sale.

They could at least put a warning up temporarily until they have the issue sorted out.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Aside from a lot of hypocritical or unnecessary statements from some of  the guys defending you and some that are attacking you OP, just contact support and also be patient.

A-NET clearly isn't trying to rob you(That was what the title use to have just in different words), if this issue occured with any other developer my response would be the same, even for EA.

I like how defenders didn't see the issue in that statement(That let's be honest is not right in any way what so ever) made, but it's okay let's play the pretend game as usual.

To be honest shit like this happens, I'd be heated to, would I go make assumptions and bring it into a forum that in all honesty can't help...not my thing, maybe for the warning aspect sure, except I'd get right to the point rather than making false statements or crazy exaggerations.

Someone brought up a real life situation, okay let's put it this way, if a one of the many products aren't working as intended, do they stop selling all of the products?!?!?

Though we are talking about a video game, so they notice there is an issue with (Can't say some or many)people, was it all, and did it increase?

If no to those questions then obviousely like all video games with issues like this there will be a patch that will most likely fix the issue.

It's also visual, its' not the sheer fact you bought it and got nothing, it's clearly visual.

I don't have an issue that you are warning people, but the way you yourself stated the shit did give issues, if it was your way on this forum your main goal was to just belittle the company for a mistake just like some of the hypocrites defending you getting on "fanbois" for belittling you which is wrong in itself as well.

I understan your upset but it is not the end of the world, now I can't say no time limit but usually unless A-NET are really dumb, it's going to be fixed.

Hell some only agree with you because they can't comprehend the fact that Ascendent gear can be obtain not just by fractals and isn't even gating content, it's not even a necessity, but they will keep reminding everyone in almost every single thread about the opposite.(I'm just getting into the nitty gritty of the actual main concern, it may have not been literally said but it's the actual issue.)

Note: I use the word some as it's obvious who it is that's really just here on a agenda(check trends of post it's obvious let's not play that game of dumbass), now am I perfect no, is anybody in the entire world perfect? hell no even developers OMFG mind boggling.

I do hope your issue is fixed soon I personally haven't ran into the visual issue myself, good luck OP.

Peace out.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    I've cleaned things up in here. Please refrain from attacking one another. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

guys, please stop telling about need of town clothe and such. we have choice to buy *look* or not, so decision belongs to customer.

GW2 forum (I hope you don't need me to insert link) show us in a bug section, that last maintenance (not even update) bough back *old bugs* fixed sometime ago + added new.

I logged in to look how it is and started scratch myself =XD, it was full of bugs, sorry to tell.

NOW about sell non-shown item supposed to give you cool look.

Lets tell I go to boutique *BRAND NAME* (no free publicity from me, soz), and buy there, lets say, a bag. I go out of shop, look my bag: OMG horror! *BN* not shown anywhere!
    What I gonna do? YES! I'll go back to the shop and asking for refund.
    Why?
    beside function I can have with any kind of bag, my *BN* purchase was made partially for show-off said *BN*.
    In game outfit has no other function as show-off, so NON shown item is just money payed for NOTHING!
    I find it not normal, so they need, IMO, stop sell broken item before it will be fixed.
    I think they need to refund OP for item they are unable to deliver and offer to buy it again once all fixed.

I know it's not a drama, just annoying case.

Again it show how *good" custom service is. Hope never find anything like that in real life.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

This goes to in game purchased items as well. I know at least 10 people in my guild bought the armor boxes from the new laurel vendor, only to have it say "Content has been disabled"

So they wasted their laurels(that you can only get ONE per day) on something that doesnt work.

Fan of the game, not of these business practices.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

I agree. Arenanet never promised the item to cause a displayable effect. They got an item and if they expect the effect of the item to be 100% working then they haven't done their homework. Bugs happen, Arenanet didn't break any promise or act "unethical", they gave you the item you bought and they have no reason to give anyone a refund.

Next time someone buys anything: stop assuming that they work like you think they do, read what you are actually buying and what your rights are so that you don't complain afterwards.