Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im Bored Of GW2 Any Alternative??

Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156
I play the betas and I dunno about this game that I cant get into it dunno why, plus I dont like the left lock skill bar I like to make my own builds but thers not allot of skills worth it plus im  really trying to get into the PvE and is just boring for me dunno why any alternative games out ther that will be good? I like competition multiplayer games.

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    If you're a pvpr, who likes to craft try Age of Wushu. At the moment it's tops for both of those things.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156
    sorry not pvp but PvE I edited my post sorry.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Why post here, and not in LFG forum, just wanted to get a few digs in on GW2? As for completive Multiplayer games, how about LOL? (hey, you didn't give much to work with)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I dont understand you?.
    what you talking about im not hating guild wars 2 is that im just bored of it the game is not fun for me and I dunno why like something is missing big time.
  • MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

I have a friend who's trying to get me to play DOTA 2 with him ( not really interested as that type of game isn't my cuppa tea) but perhaps that's something you can look into. There are a lot of games out there as you know and if you can't find something that scratches that itch for you game play wise my suggestion is to find other activities that will fill the void ( reading, hiking, doing a fun hobby etc :) )

im disable I dont have that privilage. I used to play basketball but I had a car accident you see.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Half_Man_Half_Toon
    what you talking about im not hating guild wars 2 is that im just bored of it the game is not fun for me and I dunno why like something is missing big time.

The point is, it is like Skyrim, you get bored with the game, move on. You are not paying a sub, so why bemoan the fact that you are bored on an MMO site? I don't get that. I got bored and aggrivated with Rift and moved on (that was 7 months ago BTW). I didn't come on this site and post a topis that says, 'I am bored with Rift, what now?' I just moved on and I still has a sub in the game but felt I was wasting time in it, so I let the sub expire w/o playing any more. Not a big deal.....

Move on, nothing to see here. Maybe you are not missing anything - maybe the game is not for you. It happens.

Originally posted by MsGamerlady

I have a friend who's trying to get me to play DOTA 2 with him ( not really interested as that type of game isn't my cuppa tea) but perhaps that's something you can look into. There are a lot of games out there as you know and if you can't find something that scratches that itch for you game play wise my suggestion is to find other activities that will fill the void ( reading, hiking, doing a fun hobby etc :) )

I also check Twitch.Tv for games that people play I will check out Dota 2 I dunno what is about tho.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

You're in a GW2 forum asking for another MMO other than GW2. Think about what kind of results you're going to get.

But... about what you're missing... tell me about your combat. What profession are you on, what weapon sets, utilities, etc. How do you fight?

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by botrytis

The point is, it is like Skyrim, you get bored with the game, move on. You are not paying a sub, so why bemoan the fact that you are bored on an MMO site? I don't get that. I got bored and aggrivated with Rift and moved on (that was 7 months ago BTW). I didn't come on this site and post a topis that says, 'I am bored with Rift, what now?' I just moved on and I still has a sub in the game but felt I was wasting time in it, so I let the sub expire w/o playing any more. Not a big deal.....

Move on, nothing to see here.

I think you a fan boy but I understand you I play star wars the old republic but it not that good and went back to guild wars 2 but not cygar the only games that I really like was guild wars 1  I play that for 6  long years and also Aion Online for 2 years those are the only MMO"s I really like I never tried WoW Becouse the graphics suck and I did play Skyrim but the only think missing on that game is the community and I also Play Mechwarrior Online thats the Only PC game that is appealing to me but it needs more Mechs, plus I check Twitch.Tv ones in a while and most of those games are suck I dont understand why WoW has so many players playing that game jesus is Horrificaly Ugly Game plus Guild Wars 2 is a Beutifull game the only element missing is FUN.

Originally posted by Volkon

You're in a GW2 forum asking for another MMO other than GW2. Think about what kind of results you're going to get.

But... about what you're missing... tell me about your combat. What profession are you on, what weapon sets, utilities, etc. How do you fight?

I just want to hear games people like allot so I cant try them becouse im booooorrrrrrreeeeeeddd of Guild Wars 2.

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Wrong forum to ask for games that are not GW2... try the "pub", you may have more luck.

I been thinking of trying some WvW but I want to be on a Dominating Server im currently on Anvil Server. Maybe That Will Take The Bored Out Of Me Not Sure. Like I say I like Competition Multiplayer games with real Simulation real life Like Forza 4  Arma 3 when it comes out you get the Idea.

Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Wrong forum to ask for games that are not GW2... try the "pub", you may have more luck.

I been thinking of trying some WvW but I want to be on a Dominating Server im currently on Anvil Server. Maybe That Will Take The Bored Out Of Me Not Sure. Like I say I like Competition Multiplayer games with real Simulation real life Like Forza 4  Arma 3 when it comes out you get the Idea.

It'll be a challenge to find a time slot when you can get in, but if you can, try for Jade Quarry. I'm in FIRE guild there (Firebats) and you'd be welcome to run with us. Boredom is something we've yet to experience... even those moments we need a mental break from WvW we'll do dungeon runs, Fractals, sometimes "naked drunk WvW" for the lulz, jumping puzzle races... little guild building community things. I think you'd enjoy it.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I just want to hear games people like allot so I cant try them becouse im booooorrrrrrreeeeeeddd of Guild Wars 2.

Have you tried TSW? Its now B2P with no sub. May not be a game to play for years and years but it is a great experience for a few months at least.

Path of Exile is also another free game and well worth the time if you like ARPG.

Skyrim also has released some very good DLC which adds alot to the game- for a single player fix.

Starcraft 2 HoTS and Crysis 3 are both releasing soon. Which is what i will probably be playing.

Usually when I get bored with MMOs I play single player games for a few months. Game hopping on MMOs is usually a sign of being bored with the genre more so than with a particular game.

Personally I play TSW when I want my MMO fix, POE for ARPG fix and then my favorite single player game Skyrim, and throw in some BL2 for online shoot em up co op. With those couple i am usually good.

Originally posted by jdnewell

Have you tried TSW? Its now B2P with no sub. May not be a game to play for years and years but it is a great experience for a few months at least.

Path of Exile is also another free game and well worth the time if you like ARPG.

Skyrim also has released some very good DLC which adds alot to the game- for a single player fix.

Starcraft 2 HoTS and Crysis 3 are both releasing soon. Which is what i will probably be playing.

Usually when I get bored with MMOs I play single player games for a few months. Game hopping on MMOs is usually a sign of being bored with the genre more so than with a particular game.

Personally I play TSW when I want my MMO fix, POE for ARPG fix and then my favorite single player game Skyrim, and throw in some BL2 for online shoot em up co op. With those couple i am usually good.

thanks I wanted that type of answer going to buy skyrim again and get that DLC :).

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    The Secret Worlds is B2P now and also TOR is always an option for those single player story lines.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Don't think this is a hate thread just think he put it in the wrong forum. Not everyone's going to like this game. IT happens. Even I stopped playing it not for the same reasons but because the devs can't seem to pull their heads out of their collective butts to do something about DR and the loot bugs.

The only combat that comes close is TERA. The only open world PVE that comes close is Rift.

thanks I wanted that type of answer going to buy skyrim again and get that DLC :).

Well, have fun with Skyrim then, I certainly did, it's a fun game. I guess we're done here and can close the thread.

By the way, in the right hands a great sword is a ranged weapon.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Well, have fun with Skyrim then, I certainly did, it's a fun game. I guess we're done here and can close the thread.

By the way, in the right hands a great sword is a ranged weapon.

Thanks Buddy.

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166

Move on, nothing to see here. Maybe you are not missing anything - maybe the game is not for you. It happens.

Good advice but I fail to see how your need to jump on every thread and spew your disgust every time someone so much as farts in your precious game's general direction is any different. If you can't be bothered to "let things go" then why should anyone else take your advice.

Also I am baffled why you seem so suprised that people keep posting so much, in your opinion, "hate" about the game, when the answer should be right in front of your nose. The reason is due to posters like you. These people, especially the bored ones who just want to stir up trouble, know they will get oodles of attention from you no matter what pointless drivel they decide to post. Want to see the forum less filled with throw away posts? Well then maybe you should learn to take your own advice.

To the OP, my recommendation is that if you are bored of one MMO, then just trying to jump into another right away is not going to end well. Take a break and try some other type of game for a month or so. I'd recommend Path of Exile as its free and is a Diablo style dungeon crawler, so could be a nice change of pace from the all very similar MMORPG genre.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Moved to LFGame.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Do like I do and play a mix of games.

Currently actively playing the following games on a regular basis (1 time a week):

• GW2
    • Asheron's Call
    • Torchlight 2
    • Tera
    • RaiderZ
    • Skyrim
    • TSW (only log in about once every month though)
    But I spend way to much time either thinking of playing ESO and NWO or playing the Forum mini games., I find it great entertainment adding to my collection of blocked users.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

Move on, nothing to see here.

I think you a fan boy but I understand you I play star wars the old republic but it not that good and went back to guild wars 2 but not cygar the only games that I really like was guild wars 1  I play that for 6  long years and also Aion Online for 2 years those are the only MMO"s I really like I never tried WoW Becouse the graphics suck and I did play Skyrim but the only think missing on that game is the community and I also Play Mechwarrior Online thats the Only PC game that is appealing to me but it needs more Mechs, plus I check Twitch.Tv ones in a while and most of those games are suck I dont understand why WoW has so many players playing that game jesus is Horrificaly Ugly Game plus Guild Wars 2 is a Beutifull game the only element missing is FUN.

Funny how some people think the only time you use a period is before com.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ok depends what attracted you to gw2

If you liked gw1s build system tsw is closer to gw1 in that regard than gw2 is. Also combat Is simmilar to gw2 and story / dungeons are better, but its pvp sucks.

If you like having outdoor pve content - rift, although it is still a wow like raiders first game, also its pvp sucks.

If you want gw1 style pvp - bloodline champions

If you liked idea of WvW but find it missing something - planetside 2 does the same thing better (though not as good as its predecessor or daoc)

Gw2 is a good game, but its a bit jack of all trades and master of none. If you're not an alrounder player and just like dungeons or just like pvp or whatever - there are better specialist alternatives.

My other suggestion would be jump in the deep end and start playing eve, it really is the best current mmo, though it has nothing at all in common with gw2.