Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The Father" of RPG doesn't have Ranger class.

berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345

Simple as it is.

I just want to laugh on that and share with you my ROFL.

Beta tester maniac

Comments

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    I am lost. Who said what and when? 
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock seem to be in the works.
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Original RPG's really only had 4 classes - Fighter | Healer | Rogue | Mage
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by berlight

Simple as it is.

Neverwinter Nights the RPG was made by Bioware.

Neverwinter Nights the MMO is made by Cryptic.

Other than setting and use of "some sort" of D&D ruleset, they are not related.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    isn't this game still in beta?
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by wesjr

This. Ranger was not one of the primary character classes in classic D&D. In 1st edition AD&D, Ranger and Paladin were sub-classes of fighter.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

This game probably has a Ranger class.  It probably has a few classes we don't know about.  It won't release with these classes because they need to sell them in the shop.  They are doing this because the game isn't a charity and vanity items only in a F2P doesn't cut it.  What does cut it is giving people options to play a game and have fun.  If you want to play a specific class not offered as free content, you must pay.

Originally posted by dancingstar

This. Ranger was not one of the primary character classes in classic D&D. In 1st edition AD&D, Ranger and Paladin were sub-classes of fighter.

Well personally I like rangers, it requires the least work, you just stand still and fire stuff at mobs.  Means I can watch TV.  Win-win.  I hope they introduce one.  

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by MightyChasm

Well personally I like rangers, it requires the least work, you just stand still and fire stuff at mobs.  Means I can watch TV.  Win-win.  I hope they introduce one.  

Granted the difficulty of the game is pretty easy right now, but you know this game isn't tab target right?

Originally posted by jdnyc

Granted the difficulty of the game is pretty easy right now, but you know this game isn't tab target right?

So I actually have to pay attention?  That is not why I play mmos!

• wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506

lol, I sense a bit of sarcasm.... @least I hope that was sarcasm  

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

I used to doze off playing a ranger back in the day during raids lol.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

the ranger type class is prolly in the works acording to the interview that happened with Total Halibut on his channel. (opens a new window to get the link) considering it's the most well known style class, they are most likely having trouble balancing it before releasing it outright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY the entire video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY#t=2370s that question and answer specifically.

He was talking to the developer Zeke in the interview.

I wonder how many half elf or full elven "legolas" variations we'll see in this title when they do release the ranger style class, it was a plague in WoW with Night Eleves and Blood Elves hunters.

lol, I sense a bit of sarcasm.... @least I hope that was sarcasm  

Sadly I was entirely serious.  

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Simple as it is.

The first Neverwinter Nights was an MMO made by Stormfront Studios on AOL. in the mid 90's. It did have Rangers.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by MortisRex
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Simple as it is.

The first Neverwinter Nights was an MMO made by Stormfront Studios on AOL. in the mid 90's. It did have Rangers.

Also I'd like to point out that they are very much more strict on this title as Wizards of the Coast has had a direct dealing with every bit of the game design, they didn't just throw them the contents of the lore and let them do whatever they wanted with it.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Mined data files show the Ranger and Warlock are being worked on.  Yesterdays NOC's Podcast had Andy Velasquez stating the game is being shipped with 5 classes and those data miend classes will be in shortly after launch within the first or second patch.  SO expect to see the Scourge Warlock and Archer Ranger classes and Dragonborn Race within a month or 2 after launch.

Classes
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Archer_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Controller_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Devoted_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Greatweapon_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Guardian_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Scourge_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Trickster_Selected.Wtex

Alt Icons
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Cleric_Devotedcleric_Selected.Wt ex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Fighter_Guardian_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Rogue_Trickster_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Wizard_Controlwizard_Selected.Wt ex

Races
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dwarf_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dwarf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Drow_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Drow_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Elf_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Elf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Halfelf_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Halfelf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Human_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Human_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Tiefling_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Tiefling_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dragonborn_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dragonborn_Nw_Female.Wtex

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Also I'd like to point out that they are very much more strict on this title as Wizards of the Coast has had a direct dealing with every bit of the game design, they didn't just throw them the contents of the lore and let them do whatever they wanted with it.

That's the best part about having 4½ editions to play with...eventually, anything is justified (and you can sit back and laugh while the players hairsplit over subtle differences).

In this case, you have the additional fun of previous games bearing the same title, too!

I expect this will provide non-stop developer entertainment for literal years.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Mined data files show the Ranger and Warlock are being worked on.  Yesterdays NOC's Podcast had Andy Velasquez stating the game is being shipped with 5 classes and those data miend classes will be in shortly after launch within the first or second patch.  SO expect to see the Scourge Warlock and Archer Ranger classes and Dragonborn Race within a month or 2 after launch.

Classes
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Archer_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Controller_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Devoted_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Greatweapon_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Guardian_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Scourge_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Trickster_Selected.Wtex

Alt Icons
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Cleric_Devotedcleric_Selected.Wt ex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Fighter_Guardian_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Rogue_Trickster_Selected.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Paths/Class_Icon_Player_Wizard_Controlwizard_Selected.Wt ex

Races
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dwarf_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dwarf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Drow_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Drow_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Elf_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Elf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Halfelf_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Halfelf_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Human_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Human_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Tiefling_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Tiefling_Nw_Female.Wtex

Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dragonborn_Nw_Male.Wtex
    Texture_Library/Ui/Charactercreation/Race/Race_Icon_Dragonborn_Nw_Female.Wtex

Now thats good news!

Even so, for fans, not having a ranger class at start is kinda lame.

Beta tester maniac

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

No dude original rpg is D&D andd d&d never had 4 classes

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Zefire

Sort of true.The very first D&D (boxed set) had 3 classes - Fighter, Magic user and Cleric. Thief was added with Greyhawk along with Paladin, Ranger and Illusionist as subclasses. Ranger didn't become spearate class till 3rd edition however.  

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by Ezhae

Sort of true.The very first D&D (boxed set) had 3 classes - Fighter, Magic user and Cleric. Thief was added with Greyhawk along with Paladin, Ranger and Illusionist as subclasses. Ranger didn't become spearate class till 3rd edition however.  

Ye but that was back 1970s or something now it's 2012 and it's rediculous for a game to have only 4 or 5 classes at the beggining.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Ezhae

Ye but that was back 1970s or something now it's 2012 and it's rediculous for a game to have only 4 or 5 classes at the beggining.

I'd rather have 4-5 classes that each is plays significantly different from another and all are well polished and abalanced against both eachother and the game challenges than 10 classes out of which 5 are redundant and pretty muchd o the same as the other 5 just with different colour and neither really is polished. 

All the primary roles are represented so I don't really see a problem. 

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    In the case of any doubts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_class_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

Beta tester maniac

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    The Ranger is coming out soon after release, it has already confirmed in a TotalBiscut interview. I hear release is like PoE where they will call it open beta for a couple of months, if thats the case then technically the Ranger will be in by the 'official' release date.