Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sup with the wow kids invasion

GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

I mean really

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I dunno, good question, why are you here?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

LOL what makes you so sure they're WoW kids? Or even kids at all? Playing skill? Mentality? Maturity? Or do you hold personal interviews with every player you meet to determine age and maturity? I can guarantee these things are not exclusive to WoW brotha.

And if you really believe that GW2 amounted to some exclusive mmo community that you could check people at the door like some highend nightclub you really need to rethink the phrase: Buy to Play and what it means to have such a low point of entry. I can guarantee it's a helluva lot cheaper to play than WoW. And a whole lot more types of players, other than kids that play WoW, find that a offer too good to pass up.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

LOL what makes you so sure they're WoW kids? Or even kids at all? Playing skill? Mentality? Maturity? Or do you hold personal interviews with every player you meet to determine age and maturity? I can guarantee these things are not exclusive to WoW brotha.

And if you really believe that GW2 amounted to some exclusive mmo community that you could check people at the door like some highend nightclub you really need to rethink the phrase: Buy to Play and what it means to have such a low point of entry. I can guarantee it's a helluva lot cheaper to play than WoW. And a whole lot more types of players, other than kids that play WoW, find that a offer too good to pass up.

^This

I am so tired of people using that term

Also I have seen nothing different about the community as of late. Seems to be the same friendly people that have been playing for months.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

well, after all those kids should at least be teens by now, eh? :)

wow is out for about 8 years.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

Agree, it is a mainstream game, what did you expect from the community? 

• NixishNixish Member UncommonPosts: 185

Anonymity and competitive games have never brought out the worst in people. This is a first.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Don't make a big deal about hater lingo....

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Average age of MMO players is in the mid 25s...just saying...
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Every day, in a supermarket somewhere in the world, a kid walks to the games counter and sees GW2. "NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED". He takes it to his dad. Dad reads the box. No mention of credit card needed or some other nonsense he saw when he had declined his son WoW, SWTOR and countless other MMOs. He shrugs and puts the game box into the basket and the kid goes "YEE DAD YOU'RE THE BESTEST!"

And the rest is history.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Nixish

Anonymity and competitive games have never brought out the worst in people. This is a first.

"Sarcasm?" *Head nod* "Nailed it. Man I'm on fire today" <Sheldon Cooper>

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Wasn't the point of adding FOTM and Ascended gear to make the game more attractive to the WOW crowd? Mission accomplished apparently.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Every day, in a supermarket somewhere in the world, a kid walks to the games counter and sees GW2. "NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED". He takes it to his dad. Dad reads the box. No mention of credit card needed or some other nonsense he saw when he had declined his son WoW, SWTOR and countless other MMOs. He shrugs and puts the game box into the basket and the kid goes "YEE DAD YOU'RE THE BESTEST!"

And the rest is history.

So you agree then that the population in GW2 is growing?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Volkon

And the rest is history.

haha, it is B2P so difficult to measure active players.  Some come and some go.  

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

I mean really

since guild wars 2 is so mature itself? i mean really! time for selfcheck!

Originally posted by meddyck
    Wasn't the point of adding FOTM and Ascended gear to make the game more attractive to the WOW crowd? Mission accomplished apparently.

No, actually it wasn't. The problem they found was that exotic gear was too accessible. Let's face it... you can have a full set of ascended gear, weapons and jewelry the moment you hit level 80. (My necro is "living" proof (living... heh heh) of that... I crafted a full set of everything I needed.) They found that the next "tier", the Legendary weapons, took way too long leaving a huge time-gap for players where they basically had little to show for it. By that, I'm saying they recognize that people like the sense of progression. So the solution was to create the ascended tier which fills the time gap between exotics and legendary (It takes about 3 weeks to get the amulet with laurels, rings in Fractals can be gotten fairly quickly with effort). They're giving ascended gear a slight increase in stats for feel, but not enough to tip the balance. Hell, there are some builds where the exotics are actually numerically better than the ascended. But that's it in a nutshell... they needed to fill a time-gap to satisfy the progressive types at least mentally.

I get my ascended ammy tonight after doing the daily. Then it's about 3 weeks for the infusion to go in it that I want.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by m0lly
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

I mean really

since guild wars 2 is so mature itself? i mean really! time for selfcheck!

It's very mature for a six month old.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by meddyck

This exactly is what happened. And the WoW crowd is prolly starting to migrate honestly. But you know they'll move onto something else soon as they'll discover some other shiny that they like that has dungeons a gear treadmill and limited loot and want to play that next. 

Sad this game became that post launch, guess 3 million people weren't enough to herd to the gem store for gold they had to have more, meanwhile the loyal customer base they could have kept for a lifetime that were more interested in their DE meta open world plans, no gear treadmill and WvW enhancements have started to leave the game.

Sad really.

• Originally posted by Xepo
    Originally posted by Nixish

"Sarcasm?" *Head nod* "Nailed it. Man I'm on fire today"

Bazinga!

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

And the rest is history.

Yup by 2027 everyone on Earth will claim to have played it. Like Ultima Online. image

Never played that game - sorry - not EVERYONE on earth.....

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    My 8ball says this thread gonna be locked very soon.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by zymurgeist

And the rest is history.

Yup by 2027 everyone on Earth will claim to have played it. Like Ultima Online. image

I never played Ultima Online.

Or... did I?

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    My 8ball says this thread gonna be locked very soon.

This discussion has been closed.