Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

seeking a game with player housing..

synfuljokersynfuljoker Member Posts: 10

I seek to play a mmo with a few friends of mine that has player housing, yet has good graphics..  good being 3d not making me think im on a old gameboy game...   or playing something really kid like for example :Eden eternal"

I've played and tried out a few games so far but the housings and/or game itself drives me away...  i wish to play a Free to play game. thats mmo.    I'll list the games i've played below..

1:Vanguard heros :  seeing the videos of housing got my interest......  But it made me uninstall with very poor sense of direction, and quests not being helpful to find point a to b... not to mention i have to go through several hours or days to make a house..

2:Aion:  havent even found the house area yet.. also the idea of renting is alright, but  i have no idea if i'd be able to keep up the currency to keep the house active..

3:imvu::  sure a room, nodes... nodes...  NODES!! not movement....... 

4: Second life:  It is cpu hungry and laggy...

5: entropia universe.. :   Sure its free, but i refuse to pay real cash for a house that will cost me real cash to upkeep....

6:Rift:  woo lv 20.... bored now...

7:Eden Eternal:  lv 36 house sounds good, but no..no..no  makes me feel like im staring at something a 6 year old would play.

---------------------------------------------

I have not touched Everquest since i heard its cash shop dependent, and  I'm a bit afraid of touching star wars...  but i havent seen any idea of the new star wars game's housing yet..

I've signed up for repopulation..  but no idea when its in open beta.. let alone any news of such...

So im seeking a Player housing free game, thats not cash shop reliant to even have a home.  i like decorating, but I want to be able to invite someone to my home. I do RP when im not killing stuff.  And i prefer not to play a game like vanguard where im a lv 10 dark elf at khal doing "..... where? what? "      Or at worst...  Entropia universe spending a year doing swet collection for what a single gun??

I'd really apreciate the help, also if any aion players are able is keeping a house in aion really hard or is cashflow somewhat stable at high levels?

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Seeking mmo with player housing (moreso f2p mmo), and you haven't tried LotRO? Big mistake :)

So, "Player housing free game, thats not cash shop reliant to even have a home." LotRO is free(mium), and housing has nothing to do with the Store. At level 15 you can buy your house (cheapest one is 1Gold).

"i like decorating" Likewise, I even had to create a f2p acc just for storing the housing stuff I'm not using atm :) LotRO is full of housing items.

"I want to be able to invite someone to my home. I do RP when im not killing stuff." You not only can invite anybody, there's a unix chmod-like system where you can fine-tune the privileges of other players regarding to your house (for example they can't enter, or can enter but that's it, or they can decorate as well, or using your chest and take your stuff if they're trusted friends, etc.). RP is pretty huge in LotRO, there are sometimes events at Kinship houses, but of course you can held one anytime you want. Every housing area (basically a town, or like a neighborhood) has a dancing area for gathering up with your neighbours or invited friends and have some fun.

The lvl10 Vanguard part I didn't get, but if it's regarding time, you need not to worry, in LotRO you can get to lvl15 (and for housing) in a day. Tops. Sadly the leveling is got way too fast with the latest updates.

And the best part: they're planning a housing revamp this year, so it'll get even more cool :)

(because to tell the truth, housing is now pretty desolate, besides some RP and decorating people almost nobody uses the housing system, the majority are going home only for their chest - it's a free additional bank space)

A few pic: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?480406-LOTRO-Living-aka-the-Ideal-Hobbit-Home

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by synfuljoker

I seek to play a mmo with a few friends of mine that has player housing, yet has good graphics..  good being 3d not making me think im on a old gameboy game...   or playing something really kid like for example :Eden eternal"

I've played and tried out a few games so far but the housings and/or game itself drives me away...  i wish to play a Free to play game. thats mmo.    I'll list the games i've played below..

1:Vanguard heros :  seeing the videos of housing got my interest......  But it made me uninstall with very poor sense of direction, and quests not being helpful to find point a to b... not to mention i have to go through several hours or days to make a house..

2:Aion:  havent even found the house area yet.. also the idea of renting is alright, but  i have no idea if i'd be able to keep up the currency to keep the house active..

3:imvu::  sure a room, nodes... nodes...  NODES!! not movement....... 

4: Second life:  It is cpu hungry and laggy...

5: entropia universe.. :   Sure its free, but i refuse to pay real cash for a house that will cost me real cash to upkeep....

6:Rift:  woo lv 20.... bored now...

7:Eden Eternal:  lv 36 house sounds good, but no..no..no  makes me feel like im staring at something a 6 year old would play.

---------------------------------------------

I have not touched Everquest since i heard its cash shop dependent, and  I'm a bit afraid of touching star wars...  but i havent seen any idea of the new star wars game's housing yet..

I've signed up for repopulation..  but no idea when its in open beta.. let alone any news of such...

So im seeking a Player housing free game, thats not cash shop reliant to even have a home.  i like decorating, but I want to be able to invite someone to my home. I do RP when im not killing stuff.  And i prefer not to play a game like vanguard where im a lv 10 dark elf at khal doing "..... where? what? "      Or at worst...  Entropia universe spending a year doing swet collection for what a single gun??

I'd really apreciate the help, also if any aion players are able is keeping a house in aion really hard or is cashflow somewhat stable at high levels?

eq2 is not cash shop dependant on housing..you can get a simple house for basic silver round about lvl 15 or earlier i think..its a good starter size until you upgrade..well at least you could last time i played.not to mention its a fantastic game .with the crafting and adventuring..a lot of stuff for housing can come from quests in rewards if i remember correctly

• synfuljokersynfuljoker Member Posts: 10

can you interact with furniture in lord of the rings?

and as for Eq2 i see the restrictions on tier level is that crafting skill or class? x.x

• jelliuzjelliuz Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Wait for Wildstar, it will have everything
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

answer : city of heros

why : base editors allowed for extreamly creative creation of space for RP, better so then any game iv played to date

issue 1 : editor had a bit of learning curve and required creative use of items sometimes.

issue 2 : city of heros is closed now

may it rest in peace

ok this wasnt helpfull and was a bit of a troll sorry :p

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by jelliuz
    Wait for Wildstar, it will have everything

all new MMOs will have everything till they come out.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by synfuljoker

can you interact with furniture in lord of the rings?

With a few of them, you can (like sitting on chairs, or in your garden using the planted fireworks for shooting some show). Sadly, emphasis on 'few', most of the interactable housing items are the special, quest / insta reward ones.

In the last two festivals there was a slight advance (like the autumnal apple tree in the yard with its falling leaves, or the chicken coop :) ), but housing can be still pretty static sometimes. Fingers crossed for the arriving housing revamp :)

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

mortal online has housen but will they let you keep a home if you find one  i biult a house took me a week to grind and got all my giuldys  there we started biulding it   was nice place good spot then a guy shows up sez this is his house and he was going to take it  so i had a few run ins with his people some drama starte d my giuld got beat down i log  off go to bed wake up log on them mofos destroyed myt house when i was offline and biult a new one in its place thats mortal

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156
    I used to play Aion Online but I have to pay also for the House Upkeep and if you did not pay you lose the house it was Sad.
  • Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Tatercake

mortal online has housen but will they let you keep a home if you find one  i biult a house took me a week to grind and got all my giuldys  there we started biulding it   was nice place good spot then a guy shows up sez this is his house and he was going to take it  so i had a few run ins with his people some drama starte d my giuld got beat down i log  off go to bed wake up log on them mofos destroyed myt house when i was offline and biult a new one in its place thats mortal

WoW thats brutal.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I like housing in MMOs, best was SWG, never found a better housing system anywhere else. True non instanced open world.

What I like is building the guild city together in Age of Conan, that´s really cool, but it´s not really personal housing. But hey maybe you could found your own guild and build teh city yourself, that might take you some years if you are the only resource contributor :D

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Why don't you find one you like that has what you want and just pay for the service of your entertainment?
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Have you looked into The Repopulation? It's not out yet but you should take a look at it if you like player housing.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

I can think of several games that have player housing in them.

Most notable are.

-Ultima Online

-Star Wars Galaxies (yes it still exists just google it)

-Mortal Online (sort of...)

-Star Quest Online ( Mostly dead game but great concept)

-Xsyon

-Wurm Online (almost forgot it)

And that pretty much rounds out the list.   Not much else really out there currently that has anything good for player housing yet.

There are a few games in the works which are promising player housing, but I will believe it when I see it.

So much crap, so little quality.

• krazeekkrazeek Member Posts: 11

Best player housing system I've ever seen also has he best crafting and a very unique barter-based market, and that's A Tale in the Desert. However, unfortunately the issues I listed above are the only good points about the game. Still, it's worth checking out.

I'm watching repopulation as well, but it seems to be open-world PvP, which is annoying me. Greed Monger looked nice, but it's turning out to appear as a kickstarter attempt to make money. We'll see how it turns out, but it seems like a pipedream right now.

Honestly, I have little hope in reviewing the list of potential games coming out for a good crafting game, and player housing kinda fits hand-in-hand with crafting.

• kaorulkaorul Member UncommonPosts: 4
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

EQ2 - Best

Everquest 2 has the best housing system in a full featured mmo.  You start out with a small house for free, even as a free player.  You can buy larger housing with in game gold or some types from the cash shop.  It is instanced, but the doorways are off of buildings in major or minor towns.  So you can be doing stuff in town and go right to your house.

Housing items are free form and scalable.  Housing items are acquired through various means and it's well integrated into the rest of the game.  You can get items from crafters (off the broker), as quest rewards, as kill quest rewards, and some special gear items can be converted into housing placement items.

Your house in EQ2 can be just to store extra stuff (you have storage in it).  You can craft, have a broker sales chest, and display your achievements.

Many houses are prebuilt, but there are some free form areas where you can construct your own house minecraft style if you want.

There is an in game gold rent fee for most housing, except some cash shop housing, but it's not really that big of a deal.  If you stop playing for a while your house will be locked until you pay the few gold to unlock it.  It's really not a huge fee at all..

QFT! EQ2 housing and crafting is much better than anything else out there. The houses that are bought with in game gold are fine. Even the starter houses have a sense of flavor and cost nearly nothing. I particularly like EQ2 giving you the ability to display the trophies that your character has gained. This is such a nice feature that I wish other games would copy.  

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I don't like instance housing nor do I like rented housing. Thus for me UO had the best housing. But nowadays I have to take what I can get. And the only stipulation has to be that the housing offered has to be rent free (hey, I don't stick around enough to pay rent on a regular basis). Especially for instance housing. So if you don't mind a more light-hearted approach, you could go with FreeRealms. And if you would rather stick to more traditional fantasy trappings, you could try Aion. The only reason I would pick that over EQ2 (and I've expereinced both) is because the crystal in your home allows you to directly transfer to anyone's house on your friend's list. Thus making meeting up a breeze.

The quest starts at level 10 or 15 for housing in Aion and the NPC is located in the major city for your faction. Near the front of the city. Hopefully this will hold you over until Wildstar is released. They, as well as, Archeage seems to have the open world housing I'm personally looking for.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."