Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Guardian Fighter Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment have released a new video shining the spotlight on the Neverwinter Guardian Fighter, a sword and board warrior that was available to play during last weekend's inaugural beta event. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bakabrödbakabröd Member Posts: 129

i dont get the video. or maybe im getting old?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Zefire
    [mod edit]

And 5 more in the works right now prior to release. I'm sure they'll be adding more have a friend who works there. ;)

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    The effects and graphics looks like just another early 2000 game. (yawn) Another titel to skip.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Good to see that game has improved a lot since the first trailers. I look forward to playing it since Cryptic is doing a better job of represting D&D than Turbine that's for sure.
  • demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by ikarrian
    The effects and graphics looks like just another early 2000 game. (yawn) Another titel to skip.

You are looking at the wrong genre for graphics kid.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Guardian looks enticing.  Those rapid cutscenes made me kinda dizzy.  Not impressed with their trailer production; however, the gameplay looks really fun.  I usually play a tank main, but the Trickster looks really fun too.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

That was... Boring.

While i know it is a "thing" that the current generation have a attentionspan of five seconds... That is a statmenet... You do not need to cut it like it is a fact.

This have been a good conversation

• CypeqCypeq Member Posts: 66
    uller30 still no one needs quad core for gaming developers don't rly deliver on that ground ecpecialy in mmo. On fingers of one hand you can count games that strongly benefit from 4 cores not even talking above.
  • trayjintrayjin Member Posts: 2
    Everything being instanced is what kills it for me. Other then that everything looks kinda fun at least til TESO gets out.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Really like the looks of this class.  The game has a much better D&D feel than I thought it would.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by trayjin
    Everything being instanced is what kills it for me. Other then that everything looks kinda fun at least til TESO gets out.

everything isn't instanced.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

correct, not everything is instanced, there are dungeons which are instanced, but are a lot of fun to do and actually more fun than the open areas of the world due to the focused battles.  From what I've experienced so far the game is about 60% instanced (dungeons, challenges, events, etc)  and 40% is Open world areas where you'll meet up with plenty of players.  The game has a good mix of the two which keeps it interesting and fun.  And don't forget the foundry levels as well.  

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Laross

correct, not everything is instanced, there are dungeons which are instanced, but are a lot of fun to do and actually more fun than the open areas of the world due to the focused battles.  From what I've experienced so far the game is about 60% instanced (dungeons, challenges, events, etc)  and 40% is Open world areas where you'll meet up with plenty of players.  The game has a good mix of the two which keeps it interesting and fun.  And don't forget the foundry levels as well.  

yea the dev interview i saw said about 50/50 so 40/60 could be correct as well but it surely isn't like vindictus style instancing from what I have seen/read

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

yea the dev interview i saw said about 50/50 so 40/60 could be correct as well but it surely isn't like vindictus style instancing from what I have seen/read

Its about 50/50, and the areas that are instanced make sence to be instanced. Things like dungeons or story experiences which would be ruined by having 50 other people running around in them.

Bottom line, if you don't like instancing, stick to Vanguard, Ultima Online or EVE, because that is pretty much all that caters to you.

Dungeons and Dragons will never work without instancing, anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly not a PnP fan, or even a fan of the IP in general.  

I think the graphics are perfectly fine :)

It's not it's about the size of the new romulus zone they have in STO (per town or wilderness area), not tiny from what I've seen and that's big enough to require site to site transporters.

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    A lot of people here sound like they haven't played this game yet. I was very sceptical about this game until i got to try it in beta. Now I'm in love. 
  • VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

Nothing out about the PvP :(

I saw a live stream from them (official stream) and they said they would have PvP available at release despite thier previous anouncement that PvP will be available a few months after release.

I am curious how PvP will be in this game; will it have some sort of RvR component or just Arena based ..... I hope RvR so I can get busy until CU come out.

V.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Graphics remind me of Champions Online, which was released back in 2009. That's sort of where I think Cryptic are at here. A casual high fantasy mmo with a state-of-the-art modern cash shop to get those credit card generated Cryptic Bucks out of the gaming community once again.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Volmok

Nothing out about the PvP :(

I saw a live stream from them (official stream) and they said they would have PvP available at release despite thier previous anouncement that PvP will be available a few months after release.

I am curious how PvP will be in this game; will it have some sort of RvR component or just Arena based ..... I hope RvR so I can get busy until CU come out.

V.

THe previous pvp anouncement was BEFORE the previous "HALF A YEAR DELAY", which was a delay to finish up the game, as well as to implement a full-fledged pvp system.

The devs said on livestream that the pvp reveal will come latter this month, as well as a crafting reveal. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by demonic87

You are looking at the wrong genre for graphics kid.

[mod edit]. And yes, I expect even games in the MMO genre to evolve and progress. This game shows nothing of that.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Some of you people make me laugh with these comments every day, you expect Gears of War or God of War, its an MMo, stuff is all low poly there fore its gonna be lower graphics on puprose, do you people realize this at all?????

You can't have higher poly stuff today, because you will lose most of your fans due to having a lower PC , so please get a clue before you bash MMo's... This is how it will be for years to come...and has been..

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Illyssia

Graphics remind me of Champions Online, which was released back in 2009. That's sort of where I think Cryptic are at here. A casual high fantasy mmo with a state-of-the-art modern cash shop to get those credit card generated Cryptic Bucks out of the gaming community once again.

Well guess what thats what you get when  todays gamers whine for F2P, they need to make money, but F2P has it flaws, we will start seeing B2P more, still with cash shops but more like Defiance, GW1 and GW2.

Because F2P is for people who like to ruin games and most who want F2P aren't gonna pony up the cash, people disliked subs now they complain they have to spend money in cash shops, you PEOPLE made the market the way it is, so start paying for these games or stop gettins upset ..

Making a game is a real job, not many people realize this, or can understand the work involved, I see post on this forum alot going OMG 60 bucks for a game and a sub cost!!

Really??? Most hobbys cost more, this is a cheap hobby, so blame todays gamers.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal
    Originally posted by Illyssia

Well guess what thats what you get when  todays gamers whine for F2P, they need to make money, but F2P has it flaws, we will start seeing B2P more, still with cash shops but more like Defiance, GW1 and GW2.

Because F2P is for people who like to ruin games and most who want F2P aren't gonna pony up the cash, people disliked subs now they complain they have to spend money in cash shops, you PEOPLE made the market the way it is, so start paying for these games or stop gettins upset ..

Making a game is a real job, not many people realize this, or can understand the work involved, I see post on this forum alot going OMG 60 bucks for a game and a sub cost!!

Really??? Most hobbys cost more, this is a cheap hobby, so blame todays gamers.

It really all depends on the finished product, and what we are likely talking with Neverwinters is the following...

Now guys, Cryptics recent releases are STO and Champions Online, we are basically talking casual games here with mega cash shops to float the Cryptic boat. Therefore, Neverwinters will be pitched at the casual audience and will feature the full-on cash shop. Bottom line, if the game isn't so bad on a casual level it may be playable as an mmorpg since there is a market for high fantasy mmo, and the IP is kinda cool.

Concerns...

The game isn't really finished when Cryptic push it out to us, then it kinda fails, and Cryptic treat it like semi-abandonware and just try to ramp up the cash shop to max levels. We are talking STO scenario here. I played that at Launch and while the Federation side was pretty much fleshed out for a casual game, the Klingons was really unfinished business here. 

Neverwinters is basically just a playable demo and has nothing much to it beyond being a ramped up dungeon crawler with no real world feel to the game. this is really possible until you play the whole game. Remember AoC anyone, Tortage was really fleshed out, but beyond that the game wasn't finished.

This is basically seen long-term by Cryptic as F2P cash shop game. Nothing really going on beyond vanity armor and pretending to do D&D.

Graphics suggest this game may be a high world version of Champions Online.

Better games are around the corner, Elder Scrolls Online anyone.

Folks, the jury is out on this one, but I am doubting that playing the game will feel like playing Skyrim. It may be Champions Online / STO random missions, with buy to play classes and other heavy hard on cash shop features.Remember we are talking Perfect World Boutique kinda meltdown on this one dudes ;-)

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    So the game doesn't have depth neither bling. MMO market is so disappointing.