Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Beta Testing to Begin February 25th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta will officially commence on February 25th according to a new post on the Square Enix site. According to the information on the site, beta invites have been sent but the team is still accepting applications from latecomers.

The latest letter from the producer has also been published and is packed with some terrific new screenshots and information about what players can expect when the beta begins.

The following screenshots are of a new system that will be ready for testing from phase 1: Full Active Time Events, or FATE for short. These events will take place in non-instanced areas and appear at random. Players can participate by simply being within proximity of the event, and there's no need to form parties. Rewards are automatically distributed when it's over, making it easy to jump in and have fun.

Read the full letter on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Really good news, but sad to see no invitation to betas. Really sucks, I got interested in this game a little too late to get legacy perks.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Yeah, great to hear that the beta is starting up soon. Sad to not see an invitation though....
  • LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    The new beta invites havnt actually been sent out yet but you can expect them at any point now.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i think everyone who bought the first game should have default beta access. Squeenix, make it happen!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Wating for this... but it does nark me when they haven't obviously used up the tester apps they have already before asking for more.  

For once I agree with Rojo ;)

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    Originally posted by rojo6934

i think everyone who bought the first game should have default beta access. Squeenix, make it happen!

We've discussed this. Welcome to the topic a bit late! You get into a beta Phase 3 and/or 4 if you sign up. So you DO get default access, just um.. Not PRIVLEDGED default access. That went to people who actually subscribed to the game for a long duration and did much more than just buy it.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

When will we beable to download the client? 

I just hope they have changed their updating system as it requires torrenting! This is throttled to death by my ISP :(

However, I'm super hyped about this and I'm lucky enough to have the legacy status. 

Bring on my free Chocobo!!!

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

Originally posted by Smoey

When will we beable to download the client? 

I just hope they have changed their updating system as it requires torrenting! This is throttled to death by my ISP :(

However, I'm super hyped about this and I'm lucky enough to have the legacy status. 

Bring on my free Chocobo!!!

Client doesn't torrent anymore, it's direct download from their patch server using a real patch client. And you should be able to download once you get an invite via mail.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Exciting, hope I get a beta invite :D

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29

Invites go out the hole Weekend.... I got this messaage from Square.

Its not only today

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Reading the letter from Naoki Yoshida puts a smile on my face.  Seems like many of the ARR changes addressed my concerns with the original.  Looking forward to getting in phase 3.
  • DarkersonDarkerson Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Legacy Member on both accounts, so only 10 more days for me and a buddy to get into Phase 1. Cant wait! :P

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    Out of curiosity, does every legacy member get into this phase or just a select few?
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    BRING ON NORRATH! Or neverwinter. Or TERA.. Or Tyria! or Millineum City!
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by pb1285n
    Out of curiosity, does every legacy member get into this phase or just a select few?

Every Legacy member has access from the start.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Great to hear, and just today i got my lost token authenticator removed from my account. It's like fate.

Make sure to post the download link for those of us with slow internets great mmorpg.com members!

wanna make damn sure its ready to go when i get my invite!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Originally posted by Toxia

Great to hear, and just today i got my lost token authenticator removed from my account. It's like fate.

Make sure to post the download link for those of us with slow internets great mmorpg.com members!

wanna make damn sure its ready to go when i get my invite!

You need to have an activated account to download. The patcher will not patch until you log in, and you can't log in if your account isn't active!

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

im sorry but i got nothing but contempt for this game not only do they make it badly but they got the balls to after people buy it close it down and tell em they cant play it anymore, until they fix it THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, honestly if they felt it was such crap that they had to do iot agian why didnt they notice it, why will it be any better this time

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• AllizarAllizar Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Squeak69

im sorry but i got nothing but contempt for this game not only do they make it badly but they got the balls to after people buy it close it down and tell em they cant play it anymore, until they fix it THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, honestly if they felt it was such crap that they had to do iot agian why didnt they notice it, why will it be any better this time

They had the balls to admit their mistakes, change leadership, offer free playtime and services while they fix their mistake. Thumbs up imo, name one other MMORPG that has ever done that.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Allizar

They had the balls to admit their mistakes, change leadership, offer free playtime and services while they fix their mistake. Thumbs up imo, name one other MMORPG that has ever done that.

none

dosunt mean i have anymore faith though

name another company that has the resources to be able to afford doing it all over agian after screwing it up like that, and actully had to start over agian despite haveing that kinda resources

im sorry but to put better a company that can afford that kinda money, and with that kinda history in gameing should not have made such a big mistake in the first place.

of course my opinion has been scewed towards them since Square Soft Disapeared.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505
    To feel contempt is to feel disgust and anger toward something...
  • SSJGotenx268SSJGotenx268 Member Posts: 63

You do realize that it's a new director, correct? After he took it over he realized he couldn't do much with the current version and started making 2.0. He kept it open because all of the character data would be transferred. He added content to keep people going, added a sub because without it there would be no way to support 2.0 and now we are getting an actual finished product.

[mod edit]
  • FlaebFlaeb Member Posts: 91
    I bought the collectors edition, you saying the early supporters don't get beta invites? Oh well.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Flaeb
    I bought the collectors edition, you saying the early supporters don't get beta invites? Oh well.

You will get in as of Phase 3 which is honestly the start of a real beta.

Phase 1-2 are just limited betas (Gridania area only), phase 1 is also time limited (servers only up during certain times).

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    I just think SE have missed the boat here in timing. FF XIV remade or reborn would be a treat as a next gen PS4 mmo. As it is, altough it will be a nice mmo, it just won't ever realize its full potenital. However, it is a learning curve for SE and the mmo experience, so I am just wondering whether this may be the learning curve for a real next gerneation console mmo from SE in a few years time. Let's hope so.