Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I believe SOE's Station Pass is...

xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

While I wait for TESO I needed to get my mmorpg fix. While doing so I remembered a couple years back I got a station pass from SOE. For p2p titles I believe the Station Pass is the best on the market for what you get. Pretty much I get Premium or Gold memberships for EQ,EQII, Vanguard, Planetside,Planetside2,DConline. Free Realms. Plus I get 500 coins a month for the SOE online store.

I cannot think of any company that offers so much for under 20.00. That said, I am not advertising for SOE. Just making the point that my belief that SOE's station pass is the best on the market for the return that you get. Vanguard is a AWESOME game to play in-between your next big mmo.

Have you done the Station Pass thing? How do you think it fairs on the market compared to other mmo companies?

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Back in the day when I played SWG, EQ, EQ2, Vangaurd, the Matrix and Planetside yes the pass was great.  Nowdays most of those game are free to play, or free to play hybred.  The pass back then was 24.95 for all the games.

I now only play EQ2,  so the pass is worthless for me as the rest of the games I no longer play.   Now if you do play all the games the pass is a good price.

However if you play eq2 and pay the sub fee, they call it a gold subcription then you still get 500 coins a month at least I only have one game to spread them around with. 

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    What I think is pretty cool is my premium membership rolls over onto my PS3s DC Online. So I can play on my PC and my PS3.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

I agree, I think Station Pass is a good value for your money.  But it does depend on how many of their games you actively play.  I play EQ, EQ2, DCUO, and Vanguard so it makes up more than enough for the cost.

SOE F2P impelmentation to me is more of a loooong try-n-buy.  Once you get towards max level you will start to see the limitations.  But thats under the assumption that you plan to play that long.

With station pass you don't even have to worry about it.