Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fantasy MMORPG where I can just craft and not have to worry about quests.

ZeusophobiaZeusophobia Member Posts: 2
Anything with a merchant class would be cool. I just want to mess around with the economy and craft stuff. I don't mind grinds at all.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Zeusophobia
    Anything with a merchant class would be cool. I just want to mess around with the economy and craft stuff. I don't mind grinds at all.

Eve Online my friend!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Vanguard: SoH has a robust crafting system and you don't have to complete any quests if you dont want to I believe, not 100% on this as I haven't ever been much of a crafter, but I have friends who love the crafting in this game.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Final Fantasy XIV

EVE online doesn't have a fantasy setting to whoever posted it...

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• DraeghorDraeghor Member UncommonPosts: 50

FFXIV had a very fun crafting system, and you could setup your own market to sell things.  I am not sure what FFXIV:ARR is goign to bring, but you may want to look into the Beta coming up to see if it is what you are looking for here.

For Eve Online, it does have a great crafting system, you can make pretty much everythign in the game, and the market is almost a game in itself.  Since you gain skills in Realtime on and offline, you don't necessarily need to "quest" to skill up and do crafting.

• synfuljokersynfuljoker Member Posts: 10
    want a fantasy craft game?   heh....  Salem..   but only touch if if you really are desperate.
  • LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Like what has been said above: FFXIV wold be a good choice for what you want.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Vanguard: SoH has a robust crafting system and you don't have to complete any quests if you dont want to I believe, not 100% on this as I haven't ever been much of a crafter, but I have friends who love the crafting in this game.

Crafting quests to learn continental styles. Certain recipes can only be learned via dungeon exploration, ie. Granite Cornerstone by studying one in Old Targonar, IF the undead don't eat you first.

However, according to the devs Crafting is next on their list for rework/updating. No ideas yet what/where/how but we'll see.

• atticon40atticon40 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by synfuljoker
    want a fantasy craft game?   heh....  Salem..   but only touch if if you really are desperate.

Salem is a very tough game, but definitely would fit your needs based on what you are looking for.

Check a quick review first and see if you'd like it: http://mmoattack.com/mmo-articles/salem-the-crafting-mmo-review