Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

600 buget who has a good idea intel and nvidia only

madman74136madman74136 Member Posts: 7
i dont need a hard drive

Comments

• madman74136madman74136 Member Posts: 7
    well i dont like radeon at all i could settle for amd if its the right stuff and its good enough for gaming
    at the most i can spent is 700
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Nice Avatar Madzaman!!
    MMORPG, Meet Madman! My evil twin friend!
    thanks

Did you see Aori's suggestions in that other thread?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/376739/600-dollar-budget.html

guess me and u will have to get to gather and figure something out about my new low budget build the first one i built three yrs ago is still going strong but want something new now that can handle the gaming i do
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

If you don't need a hard drive, then exactly which parts do you need?  Don't plan on keeping some old hard drive forever, as they do fail after a while.  The standard recommendation is to replace a hard drive every five years, so if you're close to that, then while you're replacing everything else is a good time to replace the hard drive, too.

On your budget, you should get an AMD processor, or more specifically, an FX-6300.  You won't be able to fit a Core i5-3570K in a proper build.  Lower clocked Ivy Bridge quad cores lose too much performance for not enough savings.  Instead, you'd be relegated to a dual core processor with no turbo, and that won't get you anywhere near the useful lifetime of a six core FX-6300 that you could have for about the same price.

For the video card, the Nvidia cards to look at are the GeForce GTX 650 and GTX 650 Ti.  The GTX 650 is competitive with a GDDR5 version of a Radeon HD 7750, though the 7750 tends to be a little cheaper.  The GTX 650 Ti is a nice card at around $140 if it fits your budget, which it likely does, assuming you give up on the Intel CPU.

well my hard drive is new just bought it a few months ago and i will go with amd but i want something that will be fast nothing slow and i dont want to wind up using all my cpu to play a game i just want to play all the new stuff without no lag but what all i need is ram, cpu, gpu, psu, mobo, and tower
    and 700 would be max i could spend
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Good luck.

i5 3570 CPU $200
    Z77 Mobo $125
    Heatsink $30
    Power Supply $70
    Case $40
    RAM $40
    CD-ROM $20
    OS $100

You already have a hard drive, so:

Your already looking at $625 without a video card or hard drive ($525 is you go less than legal on the OS). Sure, you can find some parts cheaper than that, but not by much or with any consistency, or you sacrifice a lot of quality and compromise the integrity of the build (such as dropping to a Core i3 - but then what's the point, you may as well go with an FX-6300 and get better performance).

$75 doesn't get you a video card worth paying for, especially if your nVidia only.

Good luck. You could accomplish your objective, but by limiting your options and your budget, your shooting yourself in the foot, and your not going to get nearly as well performing of a computer as you could have. Low budgets like this are really where AMD excels at.

• EMT-PEMT-P Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Good luck.

i5 3570 CPU $200
    Z77 Mobo $125
    Heatsink $30
    Power Supply $70
    Case $40
    RAM $40
    CD-ROM $20
    OS $100

You already have a hard drive, so:

Your already looking at $625 without a video card or hard drive ($525 is you go less than legal on the OS). Sure, you can find some parts cheaper than that, but not by much or with any consistency, or you sacrifice a lot of quality and compromise the integrity of the build (such as dropping to a Core i3 - but then what's the point, you may as well go with an FX-6300 and get better performance).

$75 doesn't get you a video card worth paying for, especially if your nVidia only.

Good luck. You could accomplish your objective, but by limiting your options and your budget, your shooting yourself in the foot, and your not going to get nearly as well performing of a computer as you could have. Low budgets like this are really where AMD excels at.

Why did you offer a Z77 Chipset if you only offered a 3570. If OP is going to overclock you should go for the Z77 3750K. IF NOT OP should get a H77 and a 3570. Saves about 50$

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DK1j

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DK1j/by_merchant/

Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DK1j/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H ATX  LGA1155 Motherboard  ($96.33 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.98 @ Outlet PC) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Microcenter) 

Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($82.98 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer  ($18.98 @ Outlet PC) 

Total: $658.24

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-15 16:30 EST-0500)

Originally posted by EMT-P

Originally posted by Ridelynn Good luck. i5 3570 CPU $200 Z77 Mobo $125 Heatsink $30 Power Supply $70 Case $40 RAM $40 CD-ROM $20 OS $100 You already have a hard drive, so: Your already looking at $625 without a video card or hard drive ($525 is you go less than legal on the OS). Sure, you can find some parts cheaper than that, but not by much or with any consistency, or you sacrifice a lot of quality and compromise the integrity of the build (such as dropping to a Core i3 - but then what's the point, you may as well go with an FX-6300 and get better performance). $75 doesn't get you a video card worth paying for, especially if your nVidia only. Good luck. You could accomplish your objective, but by limiting your options and your budget, your shooting yourself in the foot, and your not going to get nearly as well performing of a computer as you could have. Low budgets like this are really where AMD excels at.  

Why did you offer a Z77 Chipset if you only offered a 3570. If OP is going to overclock you should go for the Z77 3750K. IF NOT OP should get a H77 and a 3570. Saves about 50$

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DK1j

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DK1j/by_merchant/

Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DK1j/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H ATX  LGA1155 Motherboard  ($96.33 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($49.98 @ Outlet PC) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Microcenter) 

Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($82.98 @ Newegg) 

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer  ($18.98 @ Outlet PC) 

Total: $658.24

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-15 16:30 EST-0500)

You forgot the case and operating system. Add another $140ish to that. Doesn't change my opinion, or the point of my previous post, though, and that is that your going to have to make a good deal of compromises to stick with those brand names that you don't necessarily need to make at that budget.

Also, some of those places I've never even heard of... maybe I just don't get out much. The prices are in the right ballpark though, which is all I was doing - ballparking.

And if you ~really~ want to nitpick - look at that power supply you picked out. Even at stock speeds, your really going to use that stock Intel heatsink?

Regardless, not my money, the OP can buy whatever they want. I'm just throwing out opinions.

You forgot the case and operating system. Add another $140ish to that. Doesn't change my opinion, or the point of my previous post, though, and that is that your going to have to make a good deal of compromises to stick with those brand names that you don't necessarily need to make at that budget.

Also, some of those places I've never even heard of... maybe I just don't get out much. The prices are in the right ballpark though, which is all I was doing - ballparking.

And if you ~really~ want to nitpick - look at that power supply you picked out. Even at stock speeds, your really going to use that stock Intel heatsink?

Regardless, not my money, the OP can buy whatever they want. I'm just throwing out opinions.

OP can find a 50$ case max, and if OP already has an OEM version of an OS then he can reuse the key for that. If not I can scale down some of the items for him.

The PSU is fine, not sure what you are trying to get at Source: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

The absolute LAST thing you want to skimp out on is a PSU. If you skimp out and it underdraws power and shorts, say goodbye to half (if not all) your hardware.

And yes if OP isn't going to OC then stock heatsink fan is fine.

By calling Microsoft and asking for help. The majority of the time they'll reactive the key. Calling customer service goes a long way.

You need to learn how Windows licenses work. What you just suggested, while may work, is illegal.

And I still find it amusing you want to save $20 on a motherboard by dropping to H77, but then spend $40 more on a 620W PSU - because you "can't skimp on a PSU", for a computer that likely will never draw 400W, and can't overclock.

You need to learn how Windows licenses work. What you just suggested, while may work, is illegal.

It's not if they grant you a license. Torrenting a license however IS illegal.

Originally posted by Ridelynn You need to learn how Windows licenses work. What you just suggested, while may work, is illegal.

No, they don't grant you the license, you are "renewing" it under false pretenses.

OEM licenses, and Upgrade editions tied to OEM licenses, are permanently and irrevokably tied to the computer under which they are first installed (and by computer, Microsoft defines that as "motherboard" to the computer which the CoA sticker is attached - because OEM license requires you to affix the CoA sticker to the outside of the computer).

There's no legal way around that - the only loophole is that if your motherboard fails, your allowed to replace it with an identical model only (or if that model is no longer available, one similar to it as defined by the manufacturer honoring any repair or warranty claim).

A RETAIL edition can be transferred, it can only be installed on a single computer at one time, but it can be transferred legally, and this is the only way you can do this legally.

It's not that I'm against piracy by any large measure - but if your going to make recommendations, at least leave it up to the person who would be found guilty to decide if they want to take that step or not. Ignorance isn't an excuse that would hold up in court.

Even if you called and MS reactivated the license, that doesn't excuse the EULA - if MS decides to audit you (and they can do it remotely, every time your computer phones home for updates), they could, if they so choose, to verify your license. Even if they reactivated the license, if they discover it was an OEM license on it's second computer, it can be flagged for piracy, deactivated at any time, and there's the potential (although not a very high likelihood) of legal action.

And I still find it amusing you want to save $20 on a motherboard by dropping to H77, but then spend $40 more on a 620W PSU - because you "can't skimp on a PSU", for a computer that likely will never draw 400W, and can't overclock.

Exactly, CANNOT overclock. Which is why you take out the board that's used to overclock. Your PSU is one of your most important pieces of hardware. There's no harm in going over on wattage, but there is going under the wattage. 

Also this PSU keeps the ability to upgrade in the future easy without having to buy a new PSU because you went for the lower and cheaper 400W instead.

Originally posted by Ridelynn You need to learn how Windows licenses work. What you just suggested, while may work, is illegal.

No, they don't grant you the license, you are "renewing" it under false pretenses.

OEM licenses, and Upgrade editions tied to OEM licenses, are permanently and irrevokably tied to the computer under which they are first installed (and by computer, Microsoft defines that as "motherboard" to the computer which the CoA sticker is attached - because OEM license requires you to affix the CoA sticker to the outside of the computer).

There's no legal way around that - the only loophole is that if your motherboard fails, your allowed to replace it with an identical model only (or if that model is no longer available, one similar to it as defined by the manufacturer honoring any repair or warranty claim).

A RETAIL edition can be transferred, it can only be installed on a single computer at one time, but it can be transferred legally, and this is the only way you can do this legally.

It's not that I'm against piracy by any large measure - but if your going to make recommendations, at least leave it up to the person who would be found guilty to decide if they want to take that step or not. Ignorance isn't an excuse that would hold up in court.

Even if you called and MS reactivated the license, that doesn't excuse the EULA - if MS decides to audit you (and they can do it remotely, every time your computer phones home for updates), they could, if they so choose, to verify your license. Even if they reactivated the license, if they discover it was an OEM license on it's second computer, it can be flagged for piracy, deactivated at any time, and there's the potential (although not a very high likelihood) of legal action.

Yes, true that is possible, I didn't know about that loophole though, that'll be something interesting to know for the future. As for them auditing you for it, I can see it happening. AS for bringing you to court for legal reasons over a 100$ Key. You're right probably not.

If OP still wants a build, he/she can post again and I'll remake it with case and OS included.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

OP can find a 50$ case max, and if OP already has an OEM version of an OS then he can reuse the key for that. If not I can scale down some of the items for him.

The PSU is fine, not sure what you are trying to get at Source: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

The absolute LAST thing you want to skimp out on is a PSU. If you skimp out and it underdraws power and shorts, say goodbye to half (if not all) your hardware.

And yes if OP isn't going to OC then stock heatsink fan is fine.

It's not a bad power supply.  The problem is that $83 is too much to pay for that particular power supply.  $83 is too much to pay for any power supply when you're on a $600 budget.  On that budget, you may need to go for something more budget-friendly:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

Even if you're inclined to spend up for high quality, you can get that for cheaper than $83:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182066

You're not going to build a computer that needs a ton of wattage on a $600 budget, unless you go out of your way to do something stupid.