Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: 2013 game or expansion are you most looking forward to

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You got too much crap in that list and dont even have ArcheAge which has been one of the most anticipated for years.

This.

My personal choice is "other". which is Archeage.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Ortario, OHPosts: 154Member
    teso and sim city :3

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• xpowderxxpowderx Radcliff, KYPosts: 2,131Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

A lot of interesting prospects are coming out this year. Most of us have been burned at one type or another by the hype train, but a lot of are eternal optimists and we start to get our hopes up again. 

EDIT: I know -- I didn't list ArcheAge. Is it supposed to come out in 2013? What game should I have cut off the list for ArcheAge?

Heh, alot of people are already playing Dust :-D Alot of growth potential with Dust as well. Since PS3's out sold Xbox 360ies 77million to 74 million in January.  Elder Scrolls is definitely my big pick. But we will see how that goes after April. I did pre-purchase Defiance . It will between those two overall for the year.

• tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member

None of the above...

at least until i actually KNOW theyre good.

• YizleYizle Atlanta, GAPosts: 517Member

EQNext(supposedly)

Archage

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Edison, NJPosts: 457Member
    The Repopulation

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,154Member Uncommon
    GW2 expansion
    Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • AllizarAllizar Houston, TXPosts: 54Member
    FFXIV reborn and possibly EQNext
  • Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member

I chose Wildstar, because I don't know when the GW2 expansion is being released.

Also, maybe TESO....... maybe.

• VorchVorch Somewhere, FLPosts: 800Member
    GW2 expansion and TESO.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• GaoxinGaoxin BluhPosts: 196Member Uncommon
    Anarchy Online 2
  • BanquettoBanquetto CityPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon
    EQNext is the only upcoming MMO on my radar. Not betting on 2013 though.

On the expansion front, if D3 puts one out, I'll hit that like a rented mule.
  • PyukPyuk Eugene, ORPosts: 692Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by sanshi44
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You got too much crap in that list and dont even have ArcheAge which has been one of the most anticipated for years.

I know. I wish I could edit polls. Major brain fail on my part. And EQNext and FFXIV:RR.

2013 should be a great year for MMOs.

No worries. "Other" kinda of filled in the blanks. And don't expect EQNext this year. I'd give it at least 2 more years before we see an inkling of even a CBT.

I reckon EQNext is a little further through development than everyone currently thinking, it has been in development to some degree since 2009 looking at the 10 year annerversary book, so thats 4 years of development as of next month most higher end games take what 3-4 years to finish so its quite posible it could come end of 2013 if were lucky depending on how much SoE been keeping hush hush, Seems like they realy wanna keep it a surprise lol.

Although i expect it to come out next year, realy looking forward to some more info in August for there fanfare.

Smed also said they've scrapped and rebooted three times because they didn't like what they had. From what he was saying, they really only started last year with what they're currently going forward with. At least that's what I got out of his latest EQNext posts.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• DrakxiiDrakxii Waxahachie, TXPosts: 594Member

Info on WOD... What?  I hate this new short P2W sytle of MMOs.

If I have to pick one I would say Archage but I doubt we will get it this year.

I will not play a game with a cash shop ever again. A dev job should be to make the game better not make me pay so it sucks less.

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Originally posted by Gaoxin
    Anarchy Online 2

Ha. I wish. I don't think Funcom is in a financial position to even think about it right now. I will by playing AO soon, though.

• MightyChasmMightyChasm londonPosts: 298Member
    I thought Wildstar would be higher. 
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member
    Originally posted by MightyChasm

Wildstar isn't in a position to be higher, it's kind of a niche product from the videos/previews I have seen. I see it falling somewhere around 250k players similar Rift, medium sized healthy pop. Which to me is better than millions personally.

I am looking forward to Wildstar almost as much as TESO  however it was a tough choice..

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• KrematoryKrematory TVNPosts: 542Member Uncommon
    EvE summer expansion, and maybe GW2 and Diablo 3 expansions as well.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• BrooksTechBrooksTech Canton, ILPosts: 163Member
    Final Fantasy XIV ARR
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Wildstar isn't in a position to be higher, it's kind of a niche product from the videos/previews I have seen. I see it falling somewhere around 250k players similar Rift, medium sized healthy pop. Which to me is better than millions personally.

I am looking forward to Wildstar almost as much as TESO  however it was a tough choice..

It was actually pretty popular... until some more recent vids came out showing off combat and such. After the new vids the games hype plumeted. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/view/videos/play/2640 - This is the video that killed it for me lol. I was actually looking forward to it right up that video. 

Ditto, I went with TESO but only in the silly hope it will be something close to Skyrim online.  

• Entris38Entris38 Somewhere, OHPosts: 323Member Uncommon
    EQ Next...........I'm still trying to decipher on what was meant to come out by the end of the year regarding this. Looking forward to SOE Live to find out
  • DragonantisDragonantis DublinPosts: 974Member

Other

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

It was actually pretty popular... until some more recent vids came out showing off combat and such. After the new vids the games hype plumeted. 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/632/view/videos/play/2640 - This is the video that killed it for me lol. I was actually looking forward to it right up that video. 

I hadn't seen this, I think it has just killed it for me as well.  Running out of red circles is not my idea of fun.  

• MurdusMurdus bayville, NYPosts: 698Member
    DF:UW biggest let down of 2013/2012/2010