Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you buy GW2 now, after you have played it?

Comments

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

No, and I would use the money on the Camelot Unchained kickstarter or ESO.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Hell yes, I've played it twice as much as Skyrim already and my friends and I are having a blast playing an MMO we all like for once.
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

For me it's a definitively yes.

I'm very casual, mainly because with work, college and family don't have that much free time to play, and still log in anytime I can and having a blast with my second character that's nearing 80 (first a guardian, now a mesmer) and still lots of the game I haven't done yet. I do believe that the two things that affect my enjoyance of the game are taking my time with it, and being member of a large guild.

So, so far, for me it was very worth it buying it, and still is. Of course, YMMV, and I can see how someone can be bored with it, but for the time being it offers exactly what I'm looking for in an MMO.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by aylwynn
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Only IMHO, this game last like 3 months, then became "old" or "boring" so not exciting or fun for many of us. 

If a game is fun for three months and then gets boring, that's pretty good, don't you think?  A lot of games won't make it to three hours before they get boring.

gotta remember on this site if you can't play 18 hours a day for 10 years its a complete waiste and a total and complete failure.. 3 months + on ANY game is good in my book

Yeah, it depends on the playtype. Casual or hardcore?

I was playing like 5 to 8hrs a day. And thats whay too much for GuildWars 2 in my opinion. As an hardcore gamer I actually try to look for a game which binds me more than three months. Since GuildWars 2 I know that I need much more challange in MMORPGs. Like ""wasting"" 4hrs in a dungeon or looking 2hrs for a healer and beating up everybody in PvP for 3 to 4 hrs.

Actually its not even wasting to me because I love challange ... And challange eats time. I didn't have that much challange in GuildWars 2. I had the best time if I played like 2 or 4 years with the same community in the same game.

curious what themepark MMOs you found a good challenge as of late? myself i found gw2 overall not that hard but still a much more challenging experience in many areas than the majority of other MMOs i have played over the past decade or so..

Dark Age of Camelot classic times were freaking hard. Thats what I am looking for. Cloth robes don't protect your character at all ... My GuildWars 2 mesmer has about 2700 armor and 1900 conditiondamage. With a cloth bikini. A greatsword warrior didn't hurt at all ... A thief just scratched a bit my character's pale skin.

Since I aimed for World vs World reaching max level completely alone and getting exotic equipment was really easy with my playstyle. My character is perfectly equipped for World vs World.

I don't see that much challange in those aspects I want to play in GuildWars2. I want to think about a good group setup, how I should kite or push the enemy and how to use special skills like crowd control. But even World vs World is pure buttonmashing. Nothing else.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Guys I don't want to troll or tell GW2 is bad game and not worth to be played.

Then why did you start this post when this exact topic has been cover at least ten times before ?

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I got interested in the game because of WvW and that isn't enjoyable to me in its current form. If I knew what I know now before release, I would have waited until after they added the promised WvW progression that supposedly is coming in March to buy the game.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Ummm....yes! And apparently I'm in the mass majority. I am still playing casually and loving it.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I only played 2 months and got bored. So I picked the no...even though I don't think the game is totally fail. It just wasn't what I was looking for.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Dark Age of Camelot classic times were freaking hard. Thats what I am looking for. Cloth robes don't protect your character at all ... My GuildWars 2 mesmer has about 2700 armor and 1900 conditiondamage. With a cloth bikini. A greatsword warrior didn't hurt at all ... A thief just scratched a bit my character's pale skin.

Since I aimed for World vs World reaching max level completely alone and getting exotic equipment was really easy with my playstyle. My character is perfectly equipped for World vs World.

I don't see that much challange in those aspects I want to play in GuildWars2. I want to think about a good group setup, how I should kite or push the enemy and how to use special skills like crowd control. But even World vs World is pure buttonmashing. Nothing else.

+1 mezzzz .....- 1 one button

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

i bought it and havnt payed 1 subscription fee.

barely even play it. but i do.

don't know what i have to complain about.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

If I had known that they were going to pull what they pulled in November (DR. Loot struggles, Gear Treadmill, Dungeon focus) nope not at all. I would have saved my money and my time and played torchlight II instead.

They've been nothing but contemptable when responding to the valid concerns of the community on the issues of loot DR and aquisition of currency.

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286
    I don't play anymore but definitely got my money's worth.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by itgrowls

If I had known that they were going to pull what they pulled in November (DR. Loot struggles, Gear Treadmill, Dungeon focus) nope not at all. I would have saved my money and my time and played torchlight II instead.

OT: Torchlight II is on sale on Steam for 10 bucks!  I'm thinking of picking it up..

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by aleos

i bought it and havnt payed 1 subscription fee.

barely even play it. but i do.

don't know what i have to complain about.

I pre-purchased based on the hype.  Loaded the beta had three technical issues, submitted the issues for assistance got the same FAQ as a reply to each. The FAQ was relevant to none, got no further support.

Loaded the game after launch same three issues were there.  This time I got some response, basicly a shrug on two of the issues and on the third the suggestion that I disable my firewall to play the game.  I moved  one of my computers to outside of the firewall tried the game for a couple of hours and hated it.   Wiped the hard drive, moved the computer back behind the firewall and reinstalled the OS etc.

Never going to try the game again, yep buyers remorse.  I would not recommend the game to anyone, nor will I consider a game from the publisher again.  But my choice to buy so I bear the cost.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Cancled my sub on Aug 29th it was doomed DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM (in Gir's voice)
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Good for a couple months of content.  Long lasting game, as in a WoW killer? no way.

While it does sport a cool graphics engine and some nice repetitive quest elements (ie dynamic quests), this game is not a keeper.

Regret the GW2 purchase?  not really.  but an expansion? no chance.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Absolutely.

Not because I LOVE it. But because it's a game you can get back to after a few weeks or even months. Just for occasional play. I got back to the game, just for a few weeks, leveled a few characters and now I'm leaving it aside again. There is no reason to completely ditch the game.

I think it's more than a descent game. The business model and nature of the game makes it possible to just buy the game and play from time to time.

I probably will play the game on and off. Off for a month or two, then on for a week or 2-3. 

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Other, please explain.

I would've bought GW2 now. Even though I no longer enjoy, or play it, it was a -great- fun, those first 50 or... what levels. I can't remember, did I get to level 50 or 60. But I had a blast while it lasted.

However, if I could've had this experience for free, it would've been even better. Feels silly to consider that I was ready to throw cash into the shop and all, but never saw anything what I would've liked to buy. Again, they could've done so much more with GW2, I think. (I mean cosmetics. Especially my girl likes those, so a small payment of 5 - 10 euros for two months isn't much.)

We?re all dead, just say it.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    No, I doubt I would.  It's not a failed game to me though.  It's just not for me.  I like the idea of no trinity but the game just didn't grab me.  I got bored of it and that's perfectly ok. 

• NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe Member Posts: 88

I put probably not. My reasons to this are :

I played the game for a month and got severly bored after getting over the new game hype, started to get into the games mechanices and the lack of build diversity, build cutomization, devoling meta and more more drove me away, making me take a month's haitus. 

Came back around the end of november and played during winters day, and leveld my 46 guardian to 80 with a friend, we both got to 80 tried dungeons and hated them, tried spvp (again) and saw nothing had changed but a dying competitive community and then he quit and I took another months haitus until the january, tried the game again leveled up a engi to 23, a warrior to 35 and a mesmer to 55 and got bored yet again and have now completely quit.

As my friend said it feels like a single player RPG with missing content an aimless goaless pointless RPG. And well i really don't feel like i've had my monies worth, I played tekken 6 for 2 years and got hundreads of hours out of that for £22.

The game feels too casual i think that's just it for me and my mates, we like to have fun but when playing an mmo we want a long time goal to go with our long lasting game, or a Pvp scene that consists more of 2 top teams fighting each other and only each other for 4 months. 

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Absolutely.

Game was unexceptional for me, but I definitely had fun while I played it.

• FARGIN_WARFARGIN_WAR Member Posts: 166
    No I wouldn't. However I can say the exact same thing about TSW TOR and D3.

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

• Kinh021Kinh021 Member UncommonPosts: 30

GW2 amused me quite for a long time. Despite having tired now, I can play again later.

I do not regret having bought.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Nah, I woldn't buy it. I never really got the hype, but when it was released, I thought "ah what the heck, try it yourself". It didn't really hook me. Sure, the graphics are nice, it got a lot of starting zones and races and stuff, all good. But in the end, it was still just a regular theme park MMORPG.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    I would buy with no second thought. Can't wait for expansion.