Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: 2013 game or expansion are you most looking forward to

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph SarajevoPosts: 1,070Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

None of the above. MMOs have lost their RPG aspect and I am not interested in action combat FPS RvRvR games that take a mere 2 months to "win."

i agree , it is why i vote for Defiance  , it is  shooter , they not sell it as an mmorpg(shooter mp  in rpg skin)

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• TheStarheartTheStarheart Farmingville, NYPosts: 368Member

FFXIV: ARR

Archeage

• IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member
    WildStar the next big thing. Just you watch.

• AlberelAlberel LondonPosts: 1,121Member
    Where's FFXIV?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Gary, INPosts: 3,747Member Uncommon
    After the craptacular MMOs that have come out the last couple of years, I don't look forward to much of anything anymore....If someone actaully makes a fun game that's great and i will try it, but I'm not getting my hopes up anymore in this genre....TSW was the last straw.
  • PyukPyuk Eugene, ORPosts: 691Member Uncommon

I voted "other."

• Archlord
    • Star Citizen
    I'm on the fence with Wildstar. I tried Defiance (beta) and was unimpressed. Neverwinter is another one I'm on the fence with.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• PyukPyuk Eugene, ORPosts: 691Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You got too much crap in that list and dont even have ArcheAge which has been one of the most anticipated for years.

I know. I wish I could edit polls. Major brain fail on my part. And EQNext and FFXIV:RR.

2013 should be a great year for MMOs.

No worries. "Other" kinda of filled in the blanks. And don't expect EQNext this year. I'd give it at least 2 more years before we see an inkling of even a CBT.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• sanshi44sanshi44 BrisbanePosts: 1,088Member Uncommon
    Im looking forward to some Everquest next info, I guess darkfall Unholy war while waiting for that info :P
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Home, GAPosts: 2,083Member

TESO. The only remote competition to this title would be Archeage and I don't know if its going to be here in 2013 or not as well.

EQ Next would be good competition for my time too, but It won't be here till 2014 at least. Optimistic about FFXIV but after the first release and the shitfest that is FFXI now, I'm just not too sure.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• AcidonAcidon Salem, ORPosts: 797Member

Not necessarily this year, but only two games are on my radar.  They are EQNext and World of Darkness.  Neither of which do we have any information on.   I'm cautiously optimistic for both my favorite MMO world of Norrath and my favorite PnP game world, WoD.

None of the other titles really interest me personally.  A big maybe for ESO is about it.

Best of luck to those looking forward to any of the titles this year.

Playing: H1Z1, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
    Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes

My Humble MMO Blog:
    http://mmogasm.blogspot.com

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
    http://www.acidonsolutions.com

• DrolkinDrolkin Palio, NBPosts: 242Member
    World of Starcraft
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    There isn't much coming out this year that looks interesting, maybe The Repopulation or City of Steam but I need more info. There's been too many disappointing games that have come out over the last few years that I don't get interested in games until I've seen what they are and how they play and they prove that they are not more of the same under a different skin.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 BrisbanePosts: 1,088Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You got too much crap in that list and dont even have ArcheAge which has been one of the most anticipated for years.

I know. I wish I could edit polls. Major brain fail on my part. And EQNext and FFXIV:RR.

2013 should be a great year for MMOs.

No worries. "Other" kinda of filled in the blanks. And don't expect EQNext this year. I'd give it at least 2 more years before we see an inkling of even a CBT.

I reckon EQNext is a little further through development than everyone currently thinking, it has been in development to some degree since 2009 looking at the 10 year annerversary book, so thats 4 years of development as of next month most higher end games take what 3-4 years to finish so its quite posible it could come end of 2013 if were lucky depending on how much SoE been keeping hush hush, Seems like they realy wanna keep it a surprise lol.

Although i expect it to come out next year, realy looking forward to some more info in August for there fanfare.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member

can't tell I'm waiting for anything, got enough excitement about GW2, so very skeptical now.

tESO looks interesting, however, may be will be good game to play.
    AA can be interesting too, so I guess I'll look at both.

I don't play FF so don't wait for them.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by sanshi44

I reckon EQNext is a little further through development than everyone currently thinking, it has been in development to some degree since 2009 looking at the 10 year annerversary book, so thats 4 years of development as of next month most higher end games take what 3-4 years to finish so its quite posible it could come end of 2013 if were lucky depending on how much SoE been keeping hush hush, Seems like they realy wanna keep it a surprise lol.

Although i expect it to come out next year, realy looking forward to some more info in August for there fanfare.

SOE will have a playable demo in early August -- should know most things/everything in 6 months

• sxvssxvs massillon, OHPosts: 109Member

elder scrolls online.

i'm hoping they can bring a living organic world/exploration to the mmo experience.

i still haven't found that which i seek within an mmo to where i've been satisfied.

• MyskMysk Pittsburg, KSPosts: 982Member

Nothing jumps out at me at the moment.  I've been around long enough to know that getting worked up about one of these games is kind of silly.  We'll have to wait & see if any of them are very good.

I'd be interested in seeing more information about World of Darkness and EQNext.  WoD has the potential to be unique in a very crowded genre, and EQNext because EQ in a sandbox sounds interesting.  I'm curious to see what they actually do with it; what it's actually like versus the hype that they're currently spreading about it.

I probably don't follow the threads that I post in. If you want me to see a response then feel free to PM me.

• ZooceZooce B, FLPosts: 586Member

ArcheAge, Neverwinter, FFXIV: ARR

• MyskMysk Pittsburg, KSPosts: 982Member
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by sanshi44

SOE will have a playable demo in early August -- should know most things/everything in 6 months

We'll know something about it, but far from "most things".  Demos are just that:  Demos.  They're strictly controlled environments that will present only what the devs what to show, and it will be shown in the best possible light.  Even the graphics that we see from the demo will be "subject to change", unless stated otherwise, so even that is only an estimation of what will be in the final product.

A lot of people fall into this trap, then get excited, then rage once the game is released and doesn't meet expectation.

Only you can prevent rage fires.

I probably don't follow the threads that I post in. If you want me to see a response then feel free to PM me.

• aerinndisaerinndis x, SCPosts: 67Member
    WildStar! EQNext whenever it's released, not holding my breath for 2013, but it would be great if it's actually that far along and just under wraps.
  • AlberelAlberel LondonPosts: 1,121Member
    Originally posted by sxvs

elder scrolls online.

i'm hoping they can bring a living organic world/exploration to the mmo experience.

i still haven't found that which i seek within an mmo to where i've been satisfied.

When an MMO has basically all open-world content segregated by faction you know pretty much instantly that exploration is right out the window... How can you explore a world when you're artificially restricted from visiting two thirds of it?

I'm going to add Wildstar to my list though I think; I wasn't interested at first but recent news on it has been very very promising. I'm glad to see so many upcoming games implement housing as well!

• worldalphaworldalpha Milton, ONPosts: 403Member
    Ah WorldAlpha, but I might be a little biased!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• TheJodaTheJoda chicago, ILPosts: 467Member
    EQ next, TESO, Archage

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• DzoneDzone bowling green, KYPosts: 351Member Uncommon
    I voted other, looking fowerd to ffxiv ARR
  • HomituHomitu Hometown, HIPosts: 2,030Member
    GW2 expansion.  TESO would be my 2nd.