Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

GW2 sold 3million copies now, how much wil it sell in the end?

2»

Comments

  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Wait...I thought China sales don't count? or is that rule arround here just for Blizzard...

    The rules have always been different for Blizzard because Chinese players aren't paying the full amount, they just count the time card players as full subs to make their numbers look impressive.  The $15 a month subs are a much lower population than 10+ million.  This has been discussed many times now.  Chinese sales for GW2, however, will be the box price just like it is here.

     

    It may have been discussed many times now, but the horrible conclusions that are expressed on these forums are that the Chinese playerbase play very little so their 8 cents per hour doeasn't really count compared to the NA / EU 50 cents per day.

     

    Do people REALLY think the Eastern players only play an hour a month? I'll bet they play MORE than players do in the west and that the per-player daily revenue is similar or even more than the monthly subs.

     

    Plus, 9.6 million PEOPLE playing wow is 9.6 million PEOPLE playing wow no matter anyone wishes to define it.

  • Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Wait...I thought China sales don't count? or is that rule arround here just for Blizzard...

    The rules have always been different for Blizzard because Chinese players aren't paying the full amount, they just count the time card players as full subs to make their numbers look impressive.  The $15 a month subs are a much lower population than 10+ million.  This has been discussed many times now.  Chinese sales for GW2, however, will be the box price just like it is here.

     

    It may have been discussed many times now, but the horrible conclusions that are expressed on these forums are that the Chinese playerbase play very little so their 8 cents per hour doeasn't really count compared to the NA / EU 50 cents per day.

     

    Do people REALLY think the Eastern players only play an hour a month? I'll bet they play MORE than players do in the west and that the per-player daily revenue is similar or even more than the monthly subs.

     

    Plus, 9.6 million PEOPLE playing wow is 9.6 million PEOPLE playing wow no matter anyone wishes to define it.

    I think you are right ...you have hit the nail on the head WoW has 7.8 million Chinese player base paying per hour and about 2 million Western players paying $15 a month >>> and no matter how you say it 9.6 million people play WOW .

  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,816Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Wait...I thought China sales don't count? or is that rule arround here just for Blizzard...

    The rules have always been different for Blizzard because Chinese players aren't paying the full amount, they just count the time card players as full subs to make their numbers look impressive.  The $15 a month subs are a much lower population than 10+ million.  This has been discussed many times now.  Chinese sales for GW2, however, will be the box price just like it is here.

     

    It may have been discussed many times now, but the horrible conclusions that are expressed on these forums are that the Chinese playerbase play very little so their 8 cents per hour doeasn't really count compared to the NA / EU 50 cents per day.

     

    Do people REALLY think the Eastern players only play an hour a month? I'll bet they play MORE than players do in the west and that the per-player daily revenue is similar or even more than the monthly subs.

     

    Plus, 9.6 million PEOPLE playing wow is 9.6 million PEOPLE playing wow no matter anyone wishes to define it.

    It could be a billion chinese playing - you wont be playing in the chinese servers anytime soon.

    Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYPosts: 3,437Member Uncommon
    I like how people just make up numbers like 1 million stopped playing it. Lol too funny

    image
  • LetsinodLetsinod Ramsey, MNPosts: 334Member Common
    Regardless, WoW has 9+M PLAYING not sold.  I would imagine that number would easily 3 times that amount or more in its history.  GW2 isn't even close to the same playing field here. 
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly genevaPosts: 734Member

    as game is unique, great and mega fun, I guess 3 mil is what was sold for current price (60 $) and that it! I think it because I hear about 3 mil copies sold from release and nothing else anymore.

    if box price gonna change then may be they will sell way more copies.

    what is more important to know: how many copies will be sold overall in 1 (2,3 10 etc) years or what income such sell would generate?

    Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this game, just I think all people who was hyped about it and wanted to get it, already bought a copy (or lets tell 95% just not to be in absolute), so others are waiting for something else; which can be game polishing, content added, or just better feedback, or, like one of forum users, wonder where to buy GW2 under 20$.

    Sure it only my though and it's not like I want them fail, no way, it just what seems to be logical to me.

    try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG MelbournePosts: 1,134Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Letsinod
    Regardless, WoW has 9+M PLAYING not sold.  I would imagine that number would easily 3 times that amount or more in its history.  GW2 isn't even close to the same playing field here. 

     I don't think Arenanet has EVER said they wanted to be in the same playing field as Blizzard.

    So these comparisons are absolutely stupid and irrelevant.

    It is the fans and haters who wants to compare and want these games to be these or that.

  • Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I like how people just make up numbers like 1 million stopped playing it. Lol too funny

    I read it on the internet, it must be true.

  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I like how people just make up numbers like 1 million stopped playing it. Lol too funny

    I read it on the internet, it must be true.

     

    <-----French Model...

  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,209Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by koljane

    3 mill copies sold and around 1 mill ppl stoped playing it, game is loosing ppl and that will continue. At the end of 2013 thay should be lucky to have 500.000 ppl playing it.

    Neverwinter and Defiance are games that will seriously impact the sale of GW2 it all depens how good they will be when they go live.

     

    In Bill Murphy's interview Colin is quoted as saying:

    "COLIN:  We’ll stop to sleep when the game is the best possible game we think it can be. We’ve seen the population of the game steadily rising lately and we’re not going to sit on our butts and congratulate one another, we’re going to try and build on that momentum and make the game even better."

    That doesn't jive with the 1M number you made up.

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.