Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Asura Force: No Effort Required

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Asura Force is a free to play title that we've been checking out for the last few weeks. We've got our full review after the jump so head through and then talk about the review in the comments.

The most exciting (and I use that term loosely) thing that happened while playing Asura Force Online was when I picked a random monster to fight, right out of the city gate.  I figured I’d be safe enough fighting something as goofy as a “diamond turkey”.  Silly me. First death! Well, only death, actually. After that, any and all excitement or interest fell crashing to the floor, taking me with it in a fit of boredom-induced narcolepsy.

Read more of Lisa Jonte's Asura Force: No Effort Required.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Sounds exactly like War of Immortals in so many ways.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    This sounds like a lot of the new F2P mmo's that are being published from Korea. Which I think is kind of strange, they go from requiring the most patience (grinding for ever to level) to now requiring almost nothing, auto run here, click on an enemy, it dies, auto run back, level while offline. It makes no sense. What is the point in playing a game that almost doesn't involve you at all.
  • WereLlamaWereLlama Member UncommonPosts: 246

Hopefully they will read this article and fix it.  Bad looping music and no challenge can really suck the fun out..

Maybe if they sold toys with it?

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    If Suzie Ford can have fun with Diablo 3, this game must be BEYOND BORING.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Sijjistoryus

Haha so true so very true. This looks like another throw it together and milk em for money type game.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Cute, casual, cartoonish, no depth, no challenge, and chatty.  Sounds to me like the developer knows their target audience (?pre-teens?) and produced a product directly for them.

I'm curious to see it, downloading now.  Compared to today's "hit" games, how bad could it be?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

I think Suzie just pubished the article.  The review was from Lisa Jonte.

As for beyond boring, yeah... I have to wonder myself. :-)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Seems more of another cash grab game. That might last anywhere from 6-18 months before closing down it's doors. A lot of these companies either don't get the f2p aspect, or are just in it for the quick dollar before closing up shop.
  • LJonteLJonte Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by XAPGames

It was, thank you for noticing.  :)

-Lisa Jont

Originally posted by LJonte
    Originally posted by XAPGames

It was, thank you for noticing.  :)

At first I thought the review a bit harsh, so I played it myself figuring it might be a sleeper (underrated, misunderstood).

After playing it... I think your review is pretty much spot on.  This is MMO on training wheels.  Maybe it gets better farther in.  Will try more later after I have my speakers cleaned and disinfected.  :-)

At first I thought the review a bit harsh, so I played it myself figuring it might be a sleeper (underrated, misunderstood).

After playing it... I think your review is pretty much spot on.  This is MMO on training wheels.  Maybe it gets better farther in.  Will try more later after I have my speakers cleaned and disinfected.  :-)

HA!  Just the speakers?  

-Lisa Jont

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Not one screenshot shows an Asura. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Volkon
    Not one screenshot shows an Asura. 

Try this on for size then.  That better?

-Lisa Jont

• ThredziiiThredziii Member CommonPosts: 2
    from screenshot, stuff look as Talisman Online... The probleme with mmo, that is no one have originality idea. You can always found some part of another game in another one, and on and on ..
  • ThredziiiThredziii Member CommonPosts: 2
    i would like to add something about my last comment about the Talisman online stuff.. Eh! Mira Game developped this game and Talisman online too, so it is normal to find similarity on asura. So talisman, asura and soul order are similare at 98%. And asura must be tested as an old style game from 2007, not a 2013