Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What does TESO offer that GW2 does not?

1234568»

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I won't speculate on anything like some of you guys does so I wont comment on anything until I try TESO out.

You see writing a feature list is easy, explain how awesome this or that is means nothing to me until I personlly tested it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    How is "faction based rvr, done to death"?

Only 3 games have done it, daoc and both planetsides.

You forgot ww2online and several Asian MMOs.

Has it been done to death?, not really.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94

Beside the lore and the world we hardly know anything about ingame mechanics and techniques. Thus we don't know any differences between GuildWars 2 and TESO.

Well ... We know a bit about the camera perspective.

I still hope they don't go the way "give all players a bit utility of everything" nor shortduration buffs/conditions like in GuildWars 2. Generally, I hope they keep staying on the hardcore and risk path. Else it would be one more game for 3 months ... Just like GuildWars 2.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

well I must admit, it very had to compare an existent game and a game project.

so all I can tell is I hope, that ESO will really give us freedom of choice end endless customization of play style and character, will create unique crafting system and will have different degrees of difficulty, as well as be good good for play solo, with small and large group.

I hope too that ESO will not push me into endless PvP (or WvW, or anything like that) by offering me large choice of activities.

and MOST important, ESO can choose a payment method which can grant them good income w/o pushing us to Item Shop, game economy will not be dependent of real life money injections and we'll have enough drops and coins to feel good and appreciate game instate perma farm.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

Story written by competant authors.

GW2 was the most horrificly written and voice acted game since Max Payne 1.

• SythionSythion Member Posts: 422

Pretty obvious here we are looking at two very similar feature sets. The gameplay experiences will be very similar. There are some small exceptions.

ESO seems like it will fit in better with players who are motivated by progression, whereas GW2 will (still) be a fit for people motivated by gameplay.

The "feeling" you get from the respective gameworlds may vary, but that has almost nothing to do with any inherent quality of the games or lore themselves--it's about how old you were and how much emotional energy you have invested or are willing to invest in the lore. Neither TES or GW universes are particularly brilliant, but they can seem that way if you let them.

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616

I already forsee what will happen. The game will be hyped like crazy by all the new age mmorpg players looking for the best thing, then gobbled up by those who let the hyped overwhelm them into frothing at the mouth upon any chance to play. A month after release half the population will die because we all will realise the game is another carbon copy, mainstream, wow wannabe mmo with another IP to place a skin cover on it.

Why do I say this you might ask?

Because they take out everything that makes TES series fun like the combat system and mini games such as lockpicking, and replace it will a dumbed down version.  Next they add themepark elements to the game dumbing it down even further. I am a firm believer that sandbox is a much richer quality and longer lasting appeal, but to eaches own. Usually in thempark mmorgs they don't even balance the skill trees and everything is overpowered compared to another skill. Make each ability worthwhile and make you want to choose them instead of just filler skills.

I hope ArcheAge becauses a huge mainstream sucess so sandbox mmorpgs are ushered in because the genre is way beyond the point of being stale and rehashed and each sandbox game release these days(Save for Eve) is utter trash ran by incompentant companies who have horrible worth ethics, usually end of messing any good portion of the game up and generally compiling compete trash games because they don't have the proper funding, time allotment, and development team.

-----------------------

I hope one day we get a game with Fps style magic and archery combat and mount and blade style melee combat in a world where every action you whether it be quest lines, raids, or PVP has huge impacts on the game world. Where killing someone matters greatly and with guild vs guild politics and warefare where you can capture an allotment of land charge taxes, sculp the land with terraforming, and manage it like a fiefdom from medieval times. A game where there are legendary crafters(Think Masamune) who are sought after and legendary pvpers who skill dictates winning wars(Think Achillies).

A world where guild can create cities that can become properous and grow through commerce, and can house anyone who wishes to dwell there or be hired as a guard. Or if you choose an optimal place to raid with fellow bandits for plunder. A game where after you gather enough material and have the skill for it can construct a house more elaberate your house building skill is. Where the rich sought after those with reknown architectural skill.

A world that truely relies on player's skills to accomplish feats that sets them apart from the populace, whether it be politics, warfare, strategy, resource management, crafting, or what have you. Basically what I want is the best parts from all the mmorpgs we seen to date. Darkfall online combat system, Eve/Shadowbane clan politics, SWG/UO sandbox features and content, Full loot pvp anywhere in the world but with consequences, with a complex crafting system with mini games similiar to TES series.

Where guild manage their fiefdoms from towns and sprawing cities to fortresses and resource areas like farmlands. If you die there is a severe penalty of inventory loss. Where bounties are placed on player killers and clans patrol their cities protecting the players that live there and produce commerce. Where players can terra form the ground with enough time and people as well as building constructs whoever and where they choose. So many games get only a couple of those right. We need a sandbox game that gets them all right and doesn't just cater to one play type but to them all equally so they are dependant on one another.

MurderHerd

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by ragz45

Just currious what do you guys see TESO offering you that GW2 currently does not offer?  What improvements do you see TESO having over GW2?  Almost my entire guild left GW2 within a month of the game's release.  When I ask most of them why they left they can't really pin it down to anything specific.  Just that they lost interest, and couldn't be bothered to log in.  The three big changes I see being different are

• Lore - ESO and GW both have a well established lore, ESO is just different.  But both are equally good.  And while this is a different aspect between the two games.  I don't see it as an improvment.
    • Character development - This is where I think TESO will really shine.  The character development in gw2 is sort of lacking In my opinion.  Being stuck with certain weapons for certain classes, and having skills tied to those weapons kind of bugs me.  And after you have unlocked all of the attacks for each weapon, you really don't have anything huge to look forward to as far as advancing your character.
    • Seamless world - Having no loading screens will be a nice change.

What other changes do you see between two games?  Of those changes is it really an improvement?

First of all the lore of elder scrolls game cant be compared to gw2.

Secondly gw 2 is a game that has not been released on the vision of the creator but on what people wanted to see.

There is nothing magic in gw2.

When a music,movie,game is not created on the creators vision and is effected by the masses opinions the it fails and falls very short.

Im not saying that ESO is going to be created on the creators vision because nowdays this magic has been lost.At least the game has reach lore and history compared to any game on the world and bethesda has proven over the years that their games are so immersive that you cant resist.

Gw2 is not immersive.It's just a game and thats not enough

Finally ES history is bigger than this of warcraft.