Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it safe to back in the water?

Well after a year off I am contemplating on coming back this week end, maybe on the free trial.

Reasons I left were because for me the world felmt empty and devoid of life. I was an avid rper at the time as well, and the lack of speech bubbles got to me. The world just felt like one big single player game to me. So I am now flirting with the idea of coming back. Is it safe to get back in the water? Is the game running better? The last time I played it loading between planet took FOR-EV-ER! So that was a real bug for me. Have the population levels improved? I am on tomb of freedon nad.

My other main gripe is that I hardly ever met republic in the open world? It’s as if they did not exist. Does that ever actually happen?

Also can anyone advise if I have to dl the client again to get access to the F2P? Or can I just put in my od details and ill be F2P anyway?

Comments

• WhitestepWhitestep Member UncommonPosts: 61

just use your old account

yeah the game improved in some way 

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by DeadlyByDez

Well after a year off I am contemplating on coming back this week end, maybe on the free trial.

Reasons I left were because for me the world felmt empty and devoid of life. I was an avid rper at the time as well, and the lack of speech bubbles got to me. The world just felt like one big single player game to me. So I am now flirting with the idea of coming back. Is it safe to get back in the water? Is the game running better? The last time I played it loading between planet took FOR-EV-ER! So that was a real bug for me. Have the population levels improved? I am on tomb of freedon nad.

Population levels have improved since all the server merges. The load times are still long between planets and that is never going to  change as that is a design issue.  The game does seem to be running smoother as a whole, thought if you get in an area with 200 plus players it will start to lag eg: The Fleet. 

My other main gripe is that I hardly ever met republic in the open world? It’s as if they did not exist. Does that ever actually happen?

You run into other players on Tattoine and Hoth. The reason you rarely ran into other playes is because both sides hit the planets at different points in the leveling experience. After you hit 50, there is Ilum which is open PVP and outlaws den on Tattoine which is also open PVP. 

Also can anyone advise if I have to dl the client again to get access to the F2P? Or can I just put in my od details and ill be F2P anyway?

If you still have the game on your computer just sign in to your account online and put it at FTP status. The download is going to be long as it is with all the new stuff that has been put in the game since you left. No need to make that process longer. ;)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Don't waste your time. Worlds are unchanged. No chat bubbles. There are more people around as they consolidated servers. A significant number of reports of even worse performance than before.

I imagine you will log in anyway, but you will leave soon after. Bioware won't fix this thing. It's an "as is" f2p property.  

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Im still waiting for any indication from the Devs that they will make the world feel less static and more alive with social hubs in the right place. Until then, wrapping up Guild Wars 2 before I move back to Single Player RPGs for a while (Still need to play Witcher 2 and wrap up side quests in Skyrim) until hopefully I am selected for beta for Elders Scrolls :-). If this game does feel more alive, Ill def come back as I actually enjoy the story of my jedi and I hear it wasn't one of the better ones :-). I left at level 47 :-).

There Is Always Hope!

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by keithian
    Im still waiting for any indication from the Devs that they will make the world feel less static and more alive with social hubs in the right place. Until then, wrapping up Guild Wars 2 before I move back to Single Player RPGs for a while (Still need to play Witcher 2 and wrap up side quests in Skyrim) until hopefully I am selected for beta for Elders Scrolls :-). If this game does feel more alive, Ill def come back as I actually enjoy the story of my jedi and I hear it wasn't one of the better ones :-). I left at level 47 :-).

My Jedi Consular's storyline is the weakest of the three storylines that I have completed. The Imperial Agent is the best so far. I am getting ready for the Sith Warrior (which is the favorite for a lot of people).

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Is it safe to get back in the water?

No, you die in seconds, it is classed as an exhaustion zone.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by RefMinor

Is it safe to get back in the water?

No, you die in seconds, it is classed as an exhaustion zone.

Depends where LOL. You are going to get a fair warning if you are in exhaustion zone.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E