Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most funny thing you've seen someone say in in-game chat?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

^title

I play Vanguard. And this happened about 3 weeks ago. I used station cash to get a spider mount (was on isle at time). I pulled it out, and some guy gasped in chat. 5 minutes later (I messaged him a couple times to see what was wrong), he said he had to go outside to catch his breath. I guess he is really afraid of spiders.

Any stories you guys have to tell?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• PicchuPicchu Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I saw someone ask "This thing auto-saves, right?"
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I remember some tank joining his first leveling group in EverQuest II. The tank didn't understand the mechanics of tank, dps, heal. Because of this, he didn't know how or why it was important to keep mobs under control.

People started screaming for him to "taunt" so he could control aggro. They started to make fun of the tank, e.g., dumb tank, idiot, blah blah.

The tank replies, "YOU GUYS ARE THE IDIOTS! TAUNTS DON'T DO ANY DAMAGE!"

lol

............. i was the tank      :(

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

This is second hand from my brother.

My brother and his wife also play WOW. His wife plays a pally healer and they were constantly being booted out of groups.

The most frequent complaint is that his wife is healing in a mix of dps/tank gear. Her standard reply of why she is not wearing healer gear ... "but they are not color co-ordinated!"

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

all I heard was the retort, but it went: "what kid of a menial job do you have that they let you have a neckbeard?"

god, it still makes me laugh.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Not really one comment, but I used to play GW1 with my girlfriend quite a few years ago. We'd get drunk at a party and either after everyone left our place where we were hosting or came home from somewhere and we'd hop on GW1 for a little bit. We'd hang out in Piken Square and I'd start up this massive conversation about random stuff just by yelling "Jaegerbomb!" Every single time it worked and we had a lot of fun and hilarious conversations going that way. 

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Someone I know once yelled out in general chat as a mistype... "I want to have sex with you."

A random person replied  "Don't do it."  :-)

It became a running gag in our guild.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • npTrombenpTrombe Member UncommonPosts: 8

some game that was in beta forgot which one someone shouted in world chat

"Why the f*** do you people even play on beta theyre gonna erase it all anyway"

one brilliant guy answered

"why do you even live, your gonna die anyway"

• Boingo787Boingo787 Member UncommonPosts: 8

The question over WoW general chat:

"Can someone tell me how to get to the back door of Uldaman?"

The answer:

"...a lot of alcohal and some sweet talk."

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    "I just bought 10,000 Cartel Coins"
  • LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Wasn't an MMO but it was online.

Me and 3 friends were playing Halo 2 and one match there was a guy who's gamertag was "InMyA**" so we were asking where something was and the reply was "inHisA**" and at the time they had the commercials for some kind of snack so I ended up saying wheres the cream filling and nothing but laughter for the next 5 minutes.

There are more from MMO's but I just can only remember bits of them so wont use them.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

I was never able to lose the reputation after this one, omgrawr.net made sure of it aswell :)

EVE online btw

Eyeshadow > u wanna jump on our TS marko?
    Marko Debreault > we'll engage at 15km
    Sivona > anything that means i dont lose more ships :(
    Boldyn > f*ck no, I ain't going on their muppet TS
    Boldyn > nm, wrong channel...
    FowlPlayChiken > ...*cough*

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

This is second hand from my brother.

My brother and his wife also play WOW. His wife plays a pally healer and they were constantly being booted out of groups.

The most frequent complaint is that his wife is healing in a mix of dps/tank gear. Her standard reply of why she is not wearing healer gear ... "but they are not color co-ordinated!"

LOL awesome!!! I too have tried many times especially in WoW to get decent looking gear at lower levels :P

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Back in pre-CU SWG, where someone on our server was asking where can they buy a TV as an ingame house item lol (the same do also wanted to be a drug-pusher ingame)

I guess it is no enough for this dude to be a couch potato in real life but he has to do it ingame too :P

• BadLuckBrettBadLuckBrett Member Posts: 22

EQ2 the day the news broke that Steve Jobs passed away. General chat was talking about said subject until someone posted a simple....

iDontcare

I'll probably go to hell for thinking it was so funny.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I remember back when Blizz had revamped the Hunter mechanics and changed the disengage ability. We had a hunter in our group in the Oculus disengage off the ledge.... I laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants and our group made a camp fire and waited. the guy comments "Damn! When did that get changed!".

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Many weird things i have read in mmo chats, but one that i remember was in WoW, when a guy was recruiting people to a "invasion" of Orgrimmar and another guy said that this invasion was "harassment" and would report him.