Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite Foundry Campaign

GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
Did anyone get a chance to play any of the foundry campaigns over the weekend? If so what was your favorite?

Comments

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Hey Grakulen,

I played one, but cant remember the Name tbh :( And it was a short one. But it was cool to see what we will see after Release tho, when the "real guys" get their hands on that tool. I am really looking forward to that and tbh, even me, as lazy as i am, will go and write a Story.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Zebulars campaign was good, The Dweomerkeepers Campaign.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Do we know how much the tool will be?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    did you guys notice if you could do any decent scripting with npcs? like do they all basically auto attack or did any enemies flee to get with a pack of other enemies or anything like that?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by bcbully

dev said it would be free.. not sure if they will charge for any extras or anything

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

Only thing i know is that F2P'ers can use it after hitting lvl 15 and Founders can use it rightaway.

If you want to know what it is capable off, watch the Vid here: http://youtu.be/7pn7iU4EwTc

Originally posted by Ilaya

Only thing i know is that F2P'ers can use it after hitting lvl 15 and Founders can use it rightaway.

If you want to know what it is capable off, watch the Vid here: http://youtu.be/7pn7iU4EwTc

seen that video not really sure what you are capable of doing with npc movement and stuff like that.. saw you can basically set npcs to preset difficulties but don't see much on actual npc reactions or anything like that..

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Ilaya

Watched 20 minutes then skipped around, and I can say that that ish is image awesome. I got that feeling in my belly, like woooow and damnit why not multi classes and stuff? Is character development gonna be good? Would be so nice if there is a lot of depth in character design. 

Makes me feel like I'm 13 again drawing out castles with a t-square and dungeons on graph paper for my buds to tackle. You have any info on character development, like stats, and skills? I did see the one on this site, and to be honest it turned me off. It would be great to see somthing more in depth.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

Crypt of Doom / Doom Crypt

It's straight forward, does deliver what the name implies...crypts....doom.

It's a simple module, but it works because you get to play with challenging encounters and traps (which work both ways) - nothing better than luring a bunch of zombies into a saw trap.

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Played some of the user created content and it wasn't too bad but most it was very short but filled with quality battles.  I can't wait to get my hands on it since this is what I do for a living.  I'm excited to put out some excellent content to extend the life of this game and of course play the game too.  Which I forgot to mention I'm loving the game and the combat and for a beta it is very polished minus some minor bugs.  
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by sea.shell

Crypt of Doom / Doom Crypt

It's straight forward, does deliver what the name implies...crypts....doom.

It's a simple module, but it works because you get to play with challenging encounters and traps (which work both ways) - nothing better than luring a bunch of zombies into a saw trap.

thx! was wondering that about traps! love that it's the way it should be!

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Laross
    Played some of the user created content and it wasn't too bad but most it was very short ...

There are longer campaigns too (*hint hint check name*) which are non-linear and anywhere from 1 hour to 5 hour long (Depending on indiviual to indiviual)

Infact they may be too long frutrating people who want quick loot.

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

The Dweomerkeepers Campaign is one of my favs.  Had great writing.  It was one of the highest rated as well.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by gillrmn
    Played some of the user created content and it wasn't too bad but most it was very short ...

There are longer campaigns too (*hint hint check name*) which are non-linear and anywhere from 1 hour to 5 hour long (Depending on indiviual to indiviual)

yup i bet, but thats why I said I played some and of  the ones I got to experience they were short but had potential if they were polished up.  I know there were long ones which I avoided due to their length, don't really enjoy spending 2 hours or more in a dungeon because it reminds me of Aion, where some of the dungeons were 4 hours long and just ridiculously infuruating due to bad design, terrible pacing, punishing feedback loops and most of the time just an excuse to add in as many mobs as possible with no real thought in the combat encounters.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm working on a feature for the site and your feedback is important!
    anyone notice in any of the foundry missions they played did the npc have any behavior scripting? like did all the npcs you could fight start in a location and just sort of start attacking you when you got in range? i'm trying to find out if you can adjust things like npc behavior for example at low health a npc will run for help or at a certain % health it will do a certain action or move to a certain location and such

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    anyone notice in any of the foundry missions they played did the npc have any behavior scripting? like did all the npcs you could fight start in a location and just sort of start attacking you when you got in range? i'm trying to find out if you can adjust things like npc behavior for example at low health a npc will run for help or at a certain % health it will do a certain action or move to a certain location and such

This is something I'm curious in too. The only mission I was in the NPC's were static. I would like to know if you can set them to path around.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by gillrmn

yup i bet, but thats why I said I played some and of  the ones I got to experience they were short but had potential if they were polished up.  I know there were long ones which I avoided due to their length, don't really enjoy spending 2 hours or more in a dungeon because it reminds me of Aion, where some of the dungeons were 4 hours long and just ridiculously infuruating due to bad design, terrible pacing, punishing feedback loops and most of the time just an excuse to add in as many mobs as possible with no real thought in the combat encounters.

Maybe, and its just an hypotheis, those quests were long because they have many optional sub-quests and had a story where you constantly see illusions of future? Or maybe they had puzzles? Maybe it was not combat which made them long. And maybe they had multiple locations?

Well, who knows?

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by Grakulen

This is something I'm curious in too. The only mission I was in the NPC's were static. I would like to know if you can set them to path around.

The one I mentioned had assassins appear behind you when you were walking down a path.  There's triggered points for nodes to unlock secret doors and such of course.  NPCs I can't remember if one of them ran up to us or not it was late :P

I do know that they have scripted answers that you can branch out into tons of different dialogue and results because of your choices.  One I remember being tied to your professions which I thought was interesting.

I remember reading somewhere that a well done Foundry Dungeon is indistinguishable from one already in the game.  From what I have seen I am impressed.  I will note on the one we were doing had to quit at part 3 because scripted in the dungeon gates would come down blocking us from going back.  One of our members ran forward and killed the mob in there.  Down a gate went and blocked him from us.  We decided to ditch it and do the Cloak Room again  :)

• Kingmob23Kingmob23 Member UncommonPosts: 78

The npc scripting seemed spotty. Most the time  they charged me me when I came in range, but there were a number of instances were they danced around me and did nothing. Also, on numerous occasions the npc would quit responding in a middle of a fight. I did two of them were the boss froze up midway through the battle and I was able just to stand still and unload on them. I'm not sure if these instances of dancing and freezing were scripting issues from the creator or a bug in the system.

I think you can work with npc behavior as there were times when part of the mob would charge while a couple hung back and waited for a bit. You can also have them follow a pattern around the maps as well.

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by Asm0deus
    Zebulars campaign was good, The Dweomerkeepers Campaign.

This one was my favorite out of the 5 or so I did.  I really like how the creator found some really nifty ways to add side content that reminded me more of D&D than the cryptic made content did.  This raised my hopes for the foundry to even higher levels!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Originally posted by Kingmob23

The npc scripting seemed spotty. Most the time  they charged me me when I came in range, but there were a number of instances were they danced around me and did nothing. Also, on numerous occasions the npc would quit responding in a middle of a fight. I did two of them were the boss froze up midway through the battle and I was able just to stand still and unload on them. I'm not sure if these instances of dancing and freezing were scripting issues from the creator or a bug in the system.

I think you can work with npc behavior as there were times when part of the mob would charge while a couple hung back and waited for a bit. You can also have them follow a pattern around the maps as well.

thanks glad to hear you can at least have basic pathing

• BebonkinBebonkin Member UncommonPosts: 10

I for one am looking forward to this addition to the game. It was the determining factor on me buying all the founder packs and supporting this game.

I will be producing and releasing a bunch of UGC upon release.