Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Preview] Marvel Heroes: Plunging Into The Savage Land

BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing EditorBerea, OHPosts: 2,377MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Gazillion Entertainment has added new heroes, content, and more in their latest update to the Marvel Heroes closed beta. Read on for all the details!

The iconic Savage Land, a remote jungle in the middle of Antarctica filled with prehistoric life (including dinosaurs!), has made its debut in the latest content chapter added to Marvel Heroes. We didn’t learn much more about the story going on here as the team may be keeping these elements close to their chests, but anyone familiar with the Marvel universe would probably be excited at the possibility of being able to visit the Savage Land.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Marvel Heroes: Plunging Into The Savage Land.

Comments

• ArconaArcona VanlosePosts: 1,185Member

ironic that the creator of Diablo incorporates a Diablo 3 "leveling NPCs" crafting feature :)

I really hope this game will be awesome, it looks very promising

People are not hyped by this game (not enough people for a hype rating) even though it looks so promising, I guess people are still hurt by the Diablo disapoint

• spitfire1064spitfire1064 malden, MAPosts: 61Member
    I think most people feel shafted due to the fact that you can't make your own character.
  • RefMinorRefMinor MyTownPosts: 3,452Member
    You describe this as an RPG MMO, what does that mean? Does it mean it is different to an MMORPG?
  • SoulStainSoulStain Tampa, FLPosts: 202Member
    It means you have to pretend its an MMO
  • SllomoSllomo Kitchener, ONPosts: 1Member

An MMO is by definition a game in with 64 or more players can play on the same server at the same time with each other. Diablo is actually not an MMO. You have only a max of 4 in any given server.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member Common
    Originally posted by Sllomo

An MMO is by definition a game in with 64 or more players can play on the same server at the same time with each other. Diablo is actually not an MMO. You have only a max of 4 in any given server.

We finally have a hard number of how many people it takes to be Massively Multiplayer!

I kid. Nice number, though. Where'd you dig it up?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member

4 = arpg

5+ = mmo

Someone add this deffinition to the MMORPG wiki!!!

Marvel Heroes will have areas with 25+ people fighting evil
  • tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,536Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by spitfire1064
    I think most people feel shafted due to the fact that you can't make your own character.

i was... until i realised that it was not a MMORPG but a actionRPG... After that i can not say i was to worried. Sounds like it will be something you can have fun with for an hour or so every now and then.

Sort of sad that they went this way but since DCUO have shaped up to be a pretty good game i am ok with it. I do not think there is a market for another super hero MMORPG right now.

• Z3R01Z3R01 NYC, NYPosts: 2,426Member
    The game already has more depth than Diablo 3... 

Playing:

Waiting on:

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,410Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Sllomo

So does this make Battlefield 3 a MMO?

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,410Member Uncommon

I don't feel shafted. I'm just annoyed with the game.

My favorite Super Hero is Spider-Man (Black Version). The only way to obtain this version is to purchase a $200 "Founders Pack". Moreover, those who purchase the pack will get extra magic-find enhancements etc....

Just goes to show what to look forward to. No thanks.

A costume for 5-10 bucks? sure. Mild pay-to-win advantage for purchasing a $200.00 unit? No thanks.

• XcomVicXcomVic San Diego, CAPosts: 50Member
    Path of Exile...too many aRPGs...They should have combined games into one Super Hero Path of Exile.
  • spitfire1064spitfire1064 malden, MAPosts: 61Member
    Hey Tawess, i predict you will feel shafted again, my spitfire sense is tingling. Ooohh that feels kinda good!
  • Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty Correspondent Lemont, PAPosts: 97Member
    Everything is doable without the cash shop, they said but I assume it will take alot of time.
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Lancaster, UKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    How is 64 massive?
  • Deerhuntah60Deerhuntah60 Elizabethville, PAPosts: 10Member
    Originally posted by Sijjistoryus

My favorite Super Hero is Spider-Man (Black Version). The only way to obtain this version is to purchase a $200 "Founders Pack". Moreover, those who purchase the pack will get extra magic-find enhancements etc....

A costume for 5-10 bucks? sure. Mild pay-to-win advantage for purchasing a $200.00 unit? No thanks.

False. You can get Spider-man for $19.99 and find the black costume or buy it for $5-$20 (No confirmed price yet). The Ultimate pack only perks is you get all the characters and a bunch of extra ingame currency.

You overexagerate or didnt actually look at the site / follow the dev videos to know this.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by Deerhuntah60

False. You can get Spider-man for $19.99 and find the black costume or buy it for $5-$20 (No confirmed price yet). The Ultimate pack only perks is you get all the characters and a bunch of extra ingame currency.

You overexagerate or didnt actually look at the site / follow the dev videos to know this.

Maybe he was confused because Gazillion has said the opposite. 

"1 Exclusive Enhanced Costume (Spider-Man Symbiote)"

http://presale.marvelheroes.com/presale_en_us/the-ultimate-pack.html

• BenbradaBenbrada Plainfield, ILPosts: 328Member Uncommon

Guess they felt the pressure of early founder/starter packs purchasers gripeing about not geting the Cyclops and Jean Grey free...

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/celebrate-valentines-day-scott-and-jean

I guess sometimes if you complain enough people "bend" to your will....

• uller30uller30 MILWAUKEE, WIPosts: 114Member
    So arpg not a Mmorpg ok. But I guess I don't care so much as if this had come out befor or around dcuo and with champions and CoH I just don't care that much any more. Ill give it. A try but won't be spending moeny on it. Ill sitcom to my comics and look at my issue 165 of DC Batman.
    Really hope this does not fall short. Got to many games I need to play from PS2, mwo, poe, eve, neverwinter and now eso I need a second me
  • jacktorsjacktors Port St Lucie, FLPosts: 158Member Uncommon
    What's the difference how the game is classified? Marvel Heroes Online is offered to everybody as a free game. You can play it to your hearts content without ever dropping a dime.
    But if some of you are too dense to understand that Gazillion is a business that hopes to make money, then maybe you need to look for another game to play.
    As a beta tester, I can honestly tell you that the game offers tons of content, social play, and challenge. As for the cash shop, I personally plan to play the game without purchasing any Heroes so I can challenge myself into seeing how many Heroes I can find on my own. That is not to say that I won't buy anything else available.
    Before you make stupid claims and opinions about the game, give Gazillion a chance to put the game out there before shooting it down. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I certainly was, and still am.
  • HaZZaKeYHaZZaKeY OdensePosts: 1Member

those who purchase the pack will get extra magic-find enhancements etc....

why are you butthurt if someone have more mf than you?

its not a game with emphasis on pvp so it shouldnt matter to you

Originally posted by jacktors
    As for the cash shop, I personally plan to play the game without purchasing any Heroes so I can challenge myself into seeing how many Heroes I can find on my own.

That is impossible. The guys on forums say you have to spend 100's or 1000's of monies :)

• udonudon Durham, NCPosts: 1,768Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Arcona
    Originally posted by jacktors
    As for the cash shop, I personally plan to play the game without purchasing any Heroes so I can challenge myself into seeing how many Heroes I can find on my own.

That is impossible. The guys on forums say you have to spend 100's or 1000's of monies :)

If you play it like Pokemon I have no doubt.