Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons have been tweaked

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

So it appears the dungeons have been tweaked and adjusted a bit which is a good thing. I ran twilight arbor last night and noticed that trash mobs seem to have had their damage output reduced some as well as their hit points seemed a bit less than previosly.

Healing overall seems a bit more effective. Also the ability to Rez aero was not there as you can not release to a waypoint while your group is still engaged in battle. Meaning if you die you are out untill someone either someone aides you to bring  you back or the group wipes or wins. Meaning if the group wipes you all come back together. 

Good changes IMO . Now only if they can find a way to get people in the game to socialize more.

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

So it appears the dungeons have been tweaked and adjusted a bit which is a good thing. I ran twilight arbor last night and noticed that trash mobs seem to have had their damage output reduced some as well as their hit points seemed a bit less than previosly.Healing overall seems a bit more effective. Also the ability to Rez aero was not there as you can not release to a waypoint while your group is still engaged in battle. Meaning if you die you are out untill someone either someone aides you to bring  you back or the group wipes or wins. Meaning if the group wipes you all come back together.  Good changes IMO . Now only if they can find a way to get people in the game to socialize more.

yea I'm enjoying the dungeon changes so far... As for socializing I never found an issue.. Between the 4 guilds I'm in, my RL friends, and people from these forums my chat is scrolling nonstop

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Now only if they can find a way to get people in the game to socialize more.

That will never happen. The game is built around solo play.

I remember in the dev diary them saying something like " ppl will group together naturally, and socialazing will be fluid" bla bla bla or something to that affect.

But in reality it is just you the player in the same farm with other other faceless players grinding out the same prgress bar. no more social than managing a four way stop at an intersection in traffic. No social interacting, just going through the motions with ppl next to you.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Bonus progression or percentage loot increase for grouped players could be a route. Other games have used it and it has helped. 
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by WellzyC

I remember in the dev diary them saying something like " ppl will group together naturally, and socialazing will be fluid" bla bla bla or something to that affect.

But in reality it is just you the player in the same farm with other other faceless players grinding out the same prgress bar. no more social than managing a four way stop at an intersection in traffic. No social interacting, just going through the motions with ppl next to you.

Strange, my 500 man guild is constantly chatting, asking for groups, advice, help, and strats.

Our guild mumble sounds like something you hear in an elementary school cafeteria. All througyh dungeon runs, open world events, pvp, you name it, party chat/map chats, all filled with people socializing.

Glad you corrected me though, clearly we're doing it wrong.

keep up the good work, flame on.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67

This is the whole reason I've stopped playing the game. I've joined several guilds, no one talks; tried to group/chat with random players, no success. I've never had an issue finding a social community in other MMOs, but for whatever reason, I have been entirely unable to find a place in GW2. So once all of my RL friends quit, I stopped logging in as well. :(

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

The game is NOT built around solo play. No amount of forced socializing makes a game social. I found running high level instances in Rift to be the most un-social events ever. So a game forcing you to group, DOES NOT MAKE IT SOCIAL. Sorry you are just dead wrong. Remember mobs scale the more people with you, so it gets more fun.

If you want to socialize, you have to do it yourself. No one can force you to, not even in a game that has forced grouping.

Originally posted by aerinndis

This is the whole reason I've stopped playing the game. I've joined several guilds, no one talks; tried to group/chat with random players, no success. I've never had an issue finding a social community in other MMOs, but for whatever reason, I have been entirely unable to find a place in GW2. So once all of my RL friends quit, I stopped logging in as well. :(

cold steel crusaders on rall we have over 300 members and always 30+ representing at any given time.. Chat is always going..sure there's plenty of guilds out there with plenty active chat..great thing about the guild system you can try multiple guilds to feel them out

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by aerinndis

I am having that same issue. Granted last night i did get a guild group, which is rare. We usually have about 18 to 25 people on every night. You log in and say hello you  might get a hello back from one or 2 people. Within 30 minutes. Most don't say hello or good bye.

I have one friend left that plays, she and I will usually duo when we are on together. 

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Yeah, the mobs in some dungeons had too much damage and hp. 

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I never mentioned forced grouping. But no insentives to work together, content that is easier by yourself, no reward for grouping, too much focus on linear solo story, no dependent roles,  i could go on and on.. all this garbage makes a very anti social game.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

I never mentioned forced grouping. But no insentives to work together, content that is easier by yourself, no reward for grouping, too much focus on linear solo story, no dependent roles,  i could go on and on.. all this garbage makes a very anti social game.

Its whatever helps you sleep at night =)

Always find it interesting that some people require game mechanics to force socialization to be social...even in swtor which I found way more solo oriented than gw2 I never had an issue getting people to talk to group with to PvP with... People are generally friendly and willing to help in most MMOs in my experience

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto

With traditional MMOs you can choose to solo or you can find a good guild or party to play with. <span pullquote="" location-grouping="" "="">With GW2 there’s a third option too: you can just naturally play with all the people around you. I personally spend a big chunk of my time in traditional MMOs soloing, but when I play GW2 I always find myself naturally working with everyone around me to accomplish world objectives, and before long we find ourselves saying, “Hey, there’s a bunch of us here; let’s see if we can take down the swamp boss together,” without ever having bothered to form a party.

Working as intended.

I've heard players asking me if I wanted to take certain champion or DE.

People asking for events or pointing events in chat is common.

If you want to socialize in GW2 either you aren't actively playing or you are using VOIP.

EDIT: the damn forum tools are frustrating sometimes...

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• iamthekilleriamthekiller Member Posts: 93

I love it when solo players complain the game is geared towards them..then refuse to socialize and blame the game dev for not somehow forcing people to socialize? Oh well, I guess not everyone can live on this planet!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I really like the fact that you can't just rez and run back.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Ohh I see, they are slowly converting their game to the unholy "trinity" so dungeons can actually be enjoyable.  Imagine that.
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Ohh I see, they are slowly converting their game to the unholy "trinity" so dungeons can actually be enjoyable.  Imagine that.

Where does it say that? [mod edit]

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by botrytis

Lowering hit points on mobs, changing damage output and making "healing" more effective...... [mod edit]

Originally posted by botrytis

Lowering hit points on mobs, changing damage output and making "healing" more effective......[mod edit]

[mod edit]

You said nothing about what they are changing to make it like the trinity, nothing. Just spewing a blunt comment. That is why I said what I did. It is the truth. They will not go back to the trinity, the game is too complex for the trinity.

Not even close . Heals are still just trickles , however before even with multiple people using their healing abilities you couldn't even keep scratch the amount of damage even trash mobs were throwing out. This has been adjusted to sme degree. Multiple players working as a team can actually help to mitigate damage somewhat. Before It was always dodge or die., to a point it was actually annoyingly unfun.

these are definately good positive changes. 

• StrathdorStrathdor Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I stopped playing this game because there is no end-game at all.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    From the beginning, Anet said they wanted to balance things correctly and wanted to be sure that if they nerfed something it's because it truly needed to be nerfed, and not just because people weren't used to GW2 combat yet.  I'm glad they nerfed them.  I've done more dungeons in the last week than I had the last 2 months.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

To me this reads as pretty ridiculous, after having played WoW for years... a game where you not only didn't get rewarded for grouping, it was more work to find the loot that was yours (questing) and someone could easily deprive you of the gear you'd been trying to get for days (dungeons) just because they could equip it (+str two handers "Needed" by hunters" lol).  WoW became very anti-social because people are douchebags.  The only thing there that makes sense is the linear solo story, but even then friends can join you.  If GW2 is garbage, most MMOs are garbage for different reasons.

If it's so anti-social, have fun in one of those other oh-so-social games out there, like WoW.  People yelling at me never met my definition of "socializing".

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

may be social issue comes from yourself?
    TBH I don't have this problem, but I miss dungeon finder as it much easier and faster to use. I think guild group is pug too if you don't have perma group.

We failed hard at CoF p2, just could not keep NPC alive... seems not only us, but who cares.

IMO dungeons need serious revamp and be split into normal / challenge mod as for some they are hard, and for others, they are easy.

I see some patches as too hard and some are not, so may be it create confusions. I find funny when people complain how easy is lvl 35 dungeon for lvl 80 disguised to lvl 35 but with full unlocked gear and ability, sure only IMO.=D

What I found shame is reduces drop / chest rewards I noticed since like November or so.
    I found ridiculous to get better drop at Orr as from dungeons, beside at Orr I rarely use WP and almost never repair.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

may be social issue comes from yourself?
    TBH I don't have this problem, but I miss dungeon finder as it much easier and faster to use. I think guild group is pug too if you don't have perma group.

We failed hard at CoF p2, just could not keep NPC alive... seems not only us, but who cares.

IMO dungeons need serious revamp and be split into normal / challenge mod as for some they are hard, and for others, they are easy.

I see some patches as too hard and some are not, so may be it create confusions. I find funny when people complain how easy is lvl 35 dungeon for lvl 80 disguised to lvl 35 but with full unlocked gear and ability, sure only IMO.=D

What I found shame is reduces drop / chest rewards I noticed since like November or so.
    I found ridiculous to get better drop at Orr as from dungeons, beside at Orr I rarely use WP and almost never repair.

I don't think it would make sense to get better drops in dungeon that don't require you to be level 80 to run.  For example, I just leveled my Thief via dungeons, mainly AC.  Why should I get drops in AC better than Orr?  I am glad I leveled the way I did.  Yesterday I hit 80 I have 1700 tears to spend and 156000 Karma.  I leveled 3-5 levels a day and it was fun. 

Since dungeons are a viable way to level, it wouldn't make sense to have them drop better gear than Orr.  I will let you know how the level 80 dungeons turn out. 

I know that your going to say level specific rewards but only for the level 80 dungeons that are designed for level 80's.  There are only 4 that required you to be 80 to run.  Explorable mode that is.