Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Crafting System Detailed in New Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aventurine has released a brand new video from Darkfall: Unholy Wars. In this new video, the team details the crafting system for the upcoming game. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    hm anyone knows any details? like if what you make with 1 recipe is always the same?
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Click, wait, click, wait.  Good thing they made a video to show this exciting and revolutionary process.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Zooce

Click, wait, click, wait.  Good thing they made a video to show this exciting and revolutionary process.

^This. Unfortunately...

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I would love to try it out if it wasn't a ful PvP centered game.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Anyone feeling they want a refund?

Too bad we cannot... :'(

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I am amazed that they had the time and resources to make a video about a system that is LARGELY unchanged from the original game. Shouldn't they be focusing on releasing the game? I am at a loss for words to explain the total lack of professionalism that Aventurine exhibits. Who is in charge over there?
  • DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Hmm..thought these videos were supposed to make you WANT to do the things they show lol.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162

The Positive= I only spent $15 on this trash

The negative= I spent $15 on this trash

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    I have seen better crafting and gathering systems in low budget f2p games from asia. It's hard to believe that this is the best they could come up with after 13 - 14 years of development. I don't really see any changes from darkfall 1 in this video other than the UI. Get ready for hours of fun while you watch a progress bar slowly fill up.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    The crafting system looks great as long as they dont dumb-down or "streamline" the system like some other idiot MMOs have like Lotro, WoW, & SWG in the last days before it was shut down. Emphasis on the "it was shut down" part.
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Unfortunately the NDA is starting to bite AV in the ass, as those who have decided its not for them will ragepost, while those who want to play need to comply with the NDA and stay quiet for now.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Kinda looks sad to me
  • bamadrewbamadrew Member Posts: 4

I think the game is great. I can't wait till release. PVP is awesome with full loot. There are big safe zones so you do have somewhere to hang out safely. Resources run out in safe zones pretty quick so you really need to harvest outside of the safe zones. Joined a clan and we are building a city right now 

Definitly a beta right now but lots of stuff is coming to the game with all the different roles. Some people say the grind is horrible but I thnk its actually not bad at all.

• Furion-HunterFurion-Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 48

The game is gonna be good

The beta.. is just a bit meh atm as there is no content updates and people are bored so they are giving it a negative review.

But honestly I cant find any game better than darkfall UW out there on the market yet !

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Point - Click - Wait is correct for the last part in the crafting system.

Other than that you have to get the resources first, refine them. Some resources are regional and some from specific mobs/activities.

But what sets DFUW crafting from most games is the constant need for it. In DFUW the economy is constantly moving, items break, people lose their items in PvP/PvE. These items have to be replenished constantly. In other MMO's you just go to the blacksmith and pay 50 gold or w/e.

Not to mention that crafting provides all the best gear in DFUW. In other games dungeon gear is just so much better. Not the case here.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Look at them haters judging the crafting system.

I mean, what more did you expect?

It's a centered open world pvp game full loot with conquest and economy focus. The difference with this crafting system and other mmorpg's is the fact that you can craft everything: armors, weapons, food, boats, siege engines, cities... Nothing in game that you can't craft. You don't need to kill epic mobs to get the best weapon in the game.

If you expected an none fun slow interactive crafting system, then go play Hello kitty online. 

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Greymoor

Other than that you have to get the resources first, refine them. Some resources are regional and some from specific mobs/activities.

But what sets DFUW crafting from most games is the constant need for it. In DFUW the economy is constantly moving, items break, people lose their items in PvP/PvE. These items have to be replenished constantly. In other MMO's you just go to the blacksmith and pay 50 gold or w/e.

Not to mention that crafting provides all the best gear in DFUW. In other games dungeon gear is just so much better. Not the case here.

This is somewhat true. However, there is no efficient way to sell anything you have crafted, unless you don't mind spamming chat for HOURS to unload all the shit you just spent HOURS farming and grinding. There is no economy in Darkfall. A decent regional banking system requiring the movement of goods from one area to another, and local hubs for distribution would have fixed that. In the end, people with infinite amounts of free time just master every crafting skill, and make shit for themselves and their friends. It's stupid, and a total waste of time.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Greymoor

The thing though is that the materials are always the same, with the exception of rare ingots which can be harder to find. The amount of materials in DF was very low (with the exception of enchant mats), so although there is a constant demand, the materials are easily accessible anywhere around the world as there are no localized ressources. The only mats that were harder to acquire were Rare Ores and some enchant mats. Not only that, but most players were crafters as well to some extent (or at least had a few members in their clan that could handle the work) because of the stats gain you'd get from harvesting/crafting (which I assume hasn't changed in DFUW seeing players talk about grinding stats)

Besides that, because DarkFall was filled with pixel huggers, most players feared going out in high-end gear unless it had very low durability, meaning that players were, for the most part, crafting at best r50-r60 weapons and Scale/Plate or Bone Armor.

All in all, DarkFall didn't have much of an economy other than the Gold Seller market (which reminds me of that gold farmer clan that made a deal with another clan to be able to farm the Devil without interruption). Besides Enchant mats, players weren't really trading much other than chaos chest loot (deeds, furniture), rare chest loot (astrolabe, orb, etc) and bags of r40-60 weapons. Everything else that could be crafted was either for you or sold to NPC because there's no one to buy them (like any weapon or armor made to level up crafting skills).

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Well MadnessRealm, AV has taken steps to counter what you say. I believe the only thing I can mention w/o breaking NDA is the soon to be implemented Market system.

It will work better than the previous game in DFUW.

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88
    Meh archeage blows this game out of water easily
  • the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

The crafting in DFUW is actually very good..  I love harvesting nodes in the non safe zone its very thrilling to gather while knowing at anytime you can lose it all, if anything they need to up the outside sfae zone yields to encourage others to go outside the safe zones to gather..

However the combat in dfuw atm is super meh which makes the game very unenjoyable for me.  If they can correct combat issues I still have hope for DFUW

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by ironhelix

This is somewhat true. However, there is no efficient way to sell anything you have crafted

That IS the whole point. That is like back in SWG days. It creates a reason for merchants and traders to exist.

Commerce in games such as WoW and GW2 is absolutely meaningless because 1 person performs all commercial activities from primary industry to selling the final product. That's not good commerce and it doesn't build communities and that's what makes commercial activities boring in those games.

I'm glad that there remains some games that don't have central auction house and instead has local vendors.

• freaksoldier99freaksoldier99 Member UncommonPosts: 39

Remember its Beta , this game is realy good for hardcore pvp players. best crafting system so far , best pvp game full loot .

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by archeageking
    Meh archeage blows this game out of water easily

What he said

• AngryBeaverAngryBeaver Member UncommonPosts: 46

Did i walk under a Bridge or Something?  I seem to be surrounded by Trolls.

It must be hard living such a depressing life. Though i guess its better to bitch here instead of General Chat later.