Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please stop trying

psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

to convince people here to come try Vanguard. 

One of the most amazing things about Vanguard is how awesome the community is right now. 

Players are friendly, helpful, generous, and considerate of others.

We really do not need that tainted by the mmorpg users, whom for the most part are quite the opposite.

We have a good thing going right now, with an active dev team actually listening to us, active and involved GMs in game, and a game that is actually fun and involving with real content, immersive stories, and a large sandboxy element.

I am begging you please don't spoil it by trying to convince people here to have a positive and open mind, we all know that is impossible.

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Well played, OP, well played......
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Thanks for the invite! See you in game :D /wink

+2 points for the clever appeal for more players masked in a "Stay Out" post.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• Nekky_FateNekky_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I played Vanguard at release and then for a while right before Rift came out. Now I wish I wouldn't have sold all my characters through the Sony auction site because I would like to come back and play again.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by psiic

to convince people here to come try Vanguard. 

One of the most amazing things about Vanguard is how awesome the community is right now. 

Players are friendly, helpful, generous, and considerate of others.

We really do not need that tainted by the mmorpg users, whom for the most part are quite the opposite.

We have a good thing going right now, with an active dev team actually listening to us, active and involved GMs in game, and a game that is actually fun and involving with real content, immersive stories, and a large sandboxy element.

I am begging you please don't spoil it by trying to convince people here to have a positive and open mind, we all know that is impossible.

6/9

too obvious

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by StarI

6/9

too obvious

Damn it, we wanted Jeri Ryan! Couldn't you give it just one more point?

(Pretty good pitch, if you're getting paid to sell country club memberships to rich snobs, it'll work like a charm.)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Ooops,. I just posted why I like Vanguard. Sorry.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Haha to be fair, anyone who makes it past level 20 in Vanguard is the type of player you want. The levelling process is a very good filter for undesirables.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Sould have opened with "Just go play WoW, that what you like anyways!!"
  • DizzlerDizzler Member Posts: 231
    I see what you did there...

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    Having played Vanguard the last few days, I think it is one of, if not the best communities in a MMO I have ever seen.  However, I am not too thrilled by the game itself as it seems rather dull to me.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Yeah, and definitely do not come to the Euro server ! All the resource nodes are belong to me ! image

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.