Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] WildStar: Unveiling the Dominion and Stalker Class

2»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Bowser82
    Do people who created Allods Online work on this?

From what I have read, a lot of the creative guys who made vanilla WoW are the minds behind this project.

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by Deerhuntah60
    Originally posted by tet666

Never even heard about this game, looks cool.

Will probably play it ,if it turns out to be F2P or B2P, not that there is mutch of a chance NCsoft would be stupid enough to try P2P with this game but who knows XD

Except the fact your missing ins Carbine is the developer and will develop the game the way they see fit, NCSoft has no say if it goes F2P, B2P, or P2P since they are only the publisher.  

Um, Carbine Studios is a subsidiary of NCSoft.  That's a bit more than 'only the publisher'.  They may very well be given considerable autonomy along the lines of Arena.net however.

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Can developers not think of anything better than a perma stealth? It's broken and frustrating in every MMO that has it.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    love these faction videos the exiles and this one are just great.. loving the humor so far:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    If the game itself has the same humor and personality that the videos do, I'll be playing WildStar for quite some time. Really looking forward to it, and can't wait to find out more about housing and crafting.
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Best way not to unviel a class is with a video intro and the announcer goes eh, we're not going to talk about them haha :) Registered for beta a long time ago, and I filled out some pre-beta survey from them the other week, looking good!
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Xarko
    Originally posted by black_isle
    Well, when you have robots and drake people on one side, it's hard to sell rabbit girls to people (altho when i put it like that i doubted myself a bit). Let's hope the unrevealed race for Exiles is something interesting.

Go look at the "meet the exiles" video again and pay attention to details, that might give you a clue whats their last race ;)

Yep, 2 strong clues that I saw, good stuff :)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    The game is so beautiful. I'm getting really excited about it mainly b/c of the looks.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I cannot wait to play. Exlies or Dominion. Ugh the choices. As long as I get my floating house, which ever faction I choose I'll be fine I guess. Here's hoping to a beta invite soon.image

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ControlBlueControlBlue Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by demonic87
    Can developers not think of anything better than a perma stealth? It's broken and frustrating in every MMO that has it.

But it's so fun >.<!!

• Boingo787Boingo787 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    So the people of Nexus are essentially the Brown Coats?
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    I think I'm going to choose my faction by the zones this time. Because I can see myself playing any of those races.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Wow.  I'm putting Wildstar on my (short) list of anticipated MMOs.  I love the art style and the personality, and the combat looks somewhat fun.  Make it B2P and I'm already there.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    Wildstar continues to impress. At the very least, give a pat on the back to the team for well executed humor. Humor isn't easy, people sometimes forget things like animations and aesthetics when thinking about it.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Isturi
    You know that the Stalker Class AKA Rogue class will be the op class for PVP defently my class of choice to lvl up first for pvp.image

Looks like fun, but also likely to be one of the first classes to get really hammered by the nerf bat, because its "OP" in PvP.

Unless they separate PvE and PvP, we will no doubt still past history in countless games repeat itself.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by ControlBlue
    Originally posted by demonic87

But it's so fun >.

Very much so. ^^  But real stealth classes (not the faux one in GW2) have almost always been the first to get hammered by the nerf bat, when the inevitable howling about "OP!!" and "Broken!!" and other such nonsense starts.  The game hasn't even started yet, and see the above, for an illustration of what I'm refering to... ^^

By the way, its not perma stealth (like WoW rogues) from what I've seen. Its based on a limited energy bar.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • yodablazeyodablaze Member Posts: 234
    As far as "Dominion" is concerned not very original. Ironic that the Dominion's Order concept has been used since Angels of Fasaria Browser based game (2004), Fasaria World (2009) and Ancients of Fasaria (2013). Either a common concept or irony.
  • TolrocTolroc Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by azarhal
    Originally posted by Bolongo
    So the Dominion are the Empire and the Exiles are the Rebels. Got it.

Nah, this is clearly based on Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Dominion:

• Cardassian: Cassian
    • Jem'Hadar: Draken
    • Vorta: Mechari
    • Breen: ?

The Founders = Eldan

I get more of a brown coats versus alliance kind of vibe.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    They have the most entertaining writers haha

Smile

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by yodablaze
    As far as "Dominion" is concerned not very original. Ironic that the Dominion's Order concept has been used since Angels of Fasaria Browser based game (2004), Fasaria World (2009) and Ancients of Fasaria (2013). Either a common concept or irony.

Ever hear of something called "Star Wars"?

Good movie, I like the races and the dominion is excatly what I'd expect.  The stalker class is lame though.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    I want to like this, but when i watch it all i can think of is WoW (as in artstyle) :(
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Just like most MMOs I am sure the evil side (The Dominion) will get the larger population of players. 

Ever hear of Startrek online? the Klingons who are the "bad guys" only have a 16% population base.. wouldnt call that dominant in any fashion. Though that is because of the lies from the devs over the years and lack of any real content for the KDF.

for those in the dark about developer delusions check out

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Akumawraith
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Just like most MMOs I am sure the evil side (The Dominion) will get the larger population of players. 

Ever hear of Startrek online? the Klingons who are the "bad guys" only have a 16% population base.. wouldnt call that dominant in any fashion. Though that is because of the lies from the devs over the years and lack of any real content for the KDF.

for those in the dark about developer delusions check out

You're comparing apples and oranges. Klingon was an incomplete faction with no content.  They were tacked on.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by yodablaze

Did you know that Canada was called Dominion of Canada until WWII? In this case, it was used to mean "self ruled domain of the British Empire".

A "Dominion" simply define domains that are self ruled. The word sound like "dominate" and it's often used to represent "evil Empires" in sci-fi/fantasy, but it started with domain and not dominate. That is why the term Hegemony exist (which is rarelly used, doesn't roll on the tongue like Dominion).