Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Companies Exist To Make Money

NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Companies Exist To Make Money

It's not an excuse to get away with crappy business practices.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

A game company cannot make money unless people find their product or service worth the price asked. It's up to the people that are unhappy to make a difference, not the company and not the people that are fine with it.

Jim Sterling has issue with the game companies, but the truth is if people weren't buying it, they wouldn't be making money. The minute people stop buying it, the companies will change their practices. It's as simple as that.

It's entertainment, not a utility. The industry isn't 'punishing' anyone.

Game companies exist to make money but YOU, the consumer, have control over how they do that. Instead of ranting about game companies and the people who tell him the honest truth, he should be ranting at the people that complain about the various practices but still go out and buy the games anyway, grumbling on forums about how terrible it is yet still supporting the practice.

Everytime you buy a game that has digital preorders at full box price, DRM, DLC, online authentication or other features you dislike, you are supporting that practice.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

I'm an owner operator truck driver...that means I own my own truck and therefore my own business. I could theoretically not charge my customer for the miles i run. However I have overhead, I have a family to take care and i want some money for all the hard work I put in. 

Well I could go to my customers I haul for and say hey I am going haul  for free, that Im not going to charge for  the miles anymore. Well I wouldn't be in business anymore if I did that. So I could come up with another way to charge. Let's see. I will charge my entire fuel cost. I will charge a trailer usage fee, I will charge for weight, I also need to know the value of the load, I will charge insurance and for the day, the  day . I could also charge for  securing the load. Either way I'm not going to haul your shit for free. 

now then give me a contract that keeps me going and consistent and we can talk a lower rate that's fair.

Who are any of you to decide what is fair and what isn't? You don't like a price then don't pay it. As the saying goes you reap what you sow. The entitlement crowd  felt they should get this entertainment for free... get real.