Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoS Kickstarter!

12346»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Convo
    Yea..I don't get the blind faith here and it annoys me that the same person who reported me to this site continues to throw out subtle shots towards me.. As my concerns are totally legit at this point..be a fan boy for this game.. That's fine but just because the same person who updates the original forums and post here tells you it's all true because its on their "forum". Doesn't make it true...the bottom line is they have 8 years and not even a playable demo.. I deal with facts and the facts are this company has nothing to show you. They also have no investors... They just have a bunch of words on a website. You can't dispute that.  On top of all of that.. If someone is going to ask for your money.. You should demand to see a little something...  Or ask some Devs in the industry their opinion on what this company is promising.   That would be a  very interesting discussion. 

I don't think they're confident in their project and I know they don't have a handle on marketing. Both were very clear in the Kickstarter campaign, which is a shame because it's entirely possible they've got a diamond in the rough they're working on.

Anyone with at least a half a brain approaches an indie MMO with skepticism, and when the answer to every question is danced around it just makes people that much more skeptical.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ConvoConvo Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Isane
    Yea..I don't get the blind faith here and it annoys me that the same person who reported me to this site continues to throw out subtle shots towards me.. As my concerns are totally legit at this point..be a fan boy for this game.. That's fine but just because the same person who updates the original forums and post here tells you it's all true because its on their "forum". Doesn't make it true...the bottom line is they have 8 years and not even a playable demo.. I deal with facts and the facts are this company has nothing to show you. They also have no investors... They just have a bunch of words on a website. You can't dispute that.  On top of all of that.. If someone is going to ask for your money.. You should demand to see a little something...  Or ask some Devs in the industry their opinion on what this company is promising.   That would be a  very interesting discussion. 

Your misleading and misguided posts are amusing, but sadly just like yourself a lot of us have probably played as many if not more MMO hours than most. Your opinion just appears very very weak. Your concerns are just that but they are not really that legitimate as if you had taken any time whatsoever to engage properley, which yoiu haven't you would realise exactly what these guys have developed and where they are at..

The facts exist and what they say they have developed is exactly what they have done. Seems to me you are sulking because you were made to look like a complete and utter fool.

That said you are allowed an opinion, even if it is i'll informed. I remember why i stopped posting here too many people trying to look clever when really they are too short sighted to understand the future. What CoS are developing is complex and difficult but not impossible , I am a designer myself and can appreciate what they are doing.

There is nothing misguided about what I'm saying.  What we have is a disagreement on what this company is actually capable of and in my opinion how honest they are really being about what they promise..  I would call you misguided for drinking that kool aid..  Tell me..Where are they?  What proof have they shown you to actually back up what you are saying?  All we see is bad graphics...That's not misinformation.. What they created the most amazing engine and tools but they are not going to sell it like the Hero Engine, they are just going to hold onto it and ask for donations to fund the game since the investors they showed it to must not of been too impressed...I mean if the engine was really that amazing don't you think that would get their attention?  They are making some pretty incredible claims here for a MMO.   I'm just not buying that they are selling and the reasons why have already been debated on this forum.  But like I said, time will tell.  You can always PM me again like you did when I predicted what would happen with the raffles and tell me I was right.. You might want to rethink that comment about me looking like an utter fool.. Not even sure where that came from considering what I posted and when I posted about it.  If anything, I was correct and I was just holding them accountable..  

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

There is nothing misguided about what I'm saying.  What we have is a disagreement on what this company is actually capable of and in my opinion how honest they are really being about what they promise..  I would call you misguided for drinking that kool aid..  Tell me..Where are they?  What proof have they shown you to actually back up what you are saying?  All we see is bad graphics...That's not misinformation.. What they created the most amazing engine and tools but they are not going to sell it like the Hero Engine, they are just going to hold onto it and ask for donations to fund the game since the investors they showed it to must not of been too impressed...I mean if the engine was really that amazing don't you think that would get their attention?  They are making some pretty incredible claims here for a MMO.   I'm just not buying that they are selling and the reasons why have already been debated on this forum.  But like I said, time will tell.  You can always PM me again like you did when I predicted what would happen with the raffles and tell me I was right.. You might want to rethink that comment about me looking like an utter fool.. Not even sure where that came from considering what I posted and when I posted about it.  If anything, I was correct and I was just holding them accountable..  

You are misguided; And I am laughing my socks off because you are plain wrong. The game is exactly where the developers say it is at . Some of the Kickstarter Videos show a lot more than vaporware, you are just too bitter and blinkered to see it (Remember Pre-Alpha).

The raffles delivered exactly what they said they would , you dug yourself a hole made a fool of yourself  had a good rant and your ignorance here just shows that ever since you are trying to I don't know create some form of "Cult of Convo".

If you look at current MMOs and the ammount of design effort they put in against an extended design period , then you may realise that a lot more can be acheived if the correct focus and effort is applied. Some of us understand this and we are not all fools far from it.

Your petty nature must come from some where other than this game , remember the core here is the design and toolsets to deliver something truly different. I can only applaud this development team for putting so much effort into their design.

But why am I explaining something you already know? Be Bitter and be twisted but remember it won't do you any good.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Isane

You are misguided; And I am laughing my socks off because you are plain wrong. The game is exactly where the developers say it is at . Some of the Kickstarter Videos show a lot more than vaporware, you are just too bitter and blinkered to see it (Remember Pre-Alpha).

The raffles delivered exactly what they said they would , you dug yourself a hole made a fool of yourself  had a good rant and your ignorance here just shows that ever since you are trying to I don't know create some form of "Cult of Convo".

If you look at current MMOs and the ammount of design effort they put in against an extended design period , then you may realise that a lot more can be acheived if the correct focus and effort is applied. Some of us understand this and we are not all fools far from it.

Your petty nature must come from some where other than this game , remember the core here is the design and toolsets to deliver something truly different. I can only applaud this development team for putting so much effort into their design.

But why am I explaining something you already know? Be Bitter and be twisted but remember it won't do you any good.

Right but some of us have been around long enough to remember countless mmorpgs with videos from some early alpha.  Many of those never launched, that was vaporware.  In fact, ill have to do some digging, but i know more than one was using this site and the hype generated by claims of an awesome mmorpg in the works, as a lunchpad to get investors and or sell their game engine.

Im not interested in the personal back and forth you two seem to have here, just that ive been down this road before, this isnt my first rodeo, ive heard it all before.  Its not this specific game companies fault i tend to giggle at outrageous claims of some indy developer with some screenshots and a video, its the countless companies that came before them with the same pitch, the same promises (not specifics but the general promise of *instert hype buzzword*)  

Hell even the mega companies with 500+ developers working round the clock and mega million budgets seem to have issues getting just the fundamental basics down right...

I wish these guys the best of luck, but no formal support, no money, until theres a playable beta, player feedback, and more than hopes and dreams with screenshots and a few free camera videos of a couple of places.

Also, there was a big point being made by the guy your arguing with.  If this game engine was absolutely stunning and revolutionary...they wouldnt need financial support from customers.  If the game was setting the stage to break the mold, again, this all wouldnt be needed.  That isnt to say that its all a scam, just that with what they have now, they are unable to gather serious 3rd party support and invetment, and need to turn to players for help....which is ok...but should be an indication as to where they are with the game and its revolutionary game engine...and to me that seems like the issue...

From what i can gather this game is going to be like marrowind on a private invite realm, where you can kill an npc and have it change the course of the game, and then port back to a persistant world where you cant do that but can participate in normal mmorpg repeatable stuff.  Again its sad i need to make assumptions like this but the info isnt out there, and what is avalible is very vauge and open ended.  That shouldnt be the case if they are asking players for help finacially.

Ill be the right all the supporters of this once they get an open beta or launch ready client, despite im more proned to froth at the mouth over full loot sandboxes, which this wont be, but ill always support quality work that isnt setting the bar at a wow with nicer graphics and a gew extra gimmicks...and this doesnt seem to be the case for this game...

ill support this when theres an actual game to support however.

And i dont think im being out of line with this frame of mind, i think its more than deserved considering how a LOT of these games end up...

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Ehhh, the kickstarter ended on 8th of nov. short of $656.101

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by PieRad

Ehhh, the kickstarter ended on 8th of nov. short of $656.101

You forgot a few zeros in there mate.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mmomagic/citadel-of-sorcery-mmorpg/posts

Required 700,000.00

Had 43,899.00

Just barely above 5%. Which doesn't surprise me too much considering the lack of any explanation on the kickstarter proper for much of the rewards/tiers/items and their significance. Most posts choose to just say "Go here and read" instead of providing the information within the kickstarter itself. And well, a severe lack of public/online presence (least from what I've seen) didn't help much either.

• ConvoConvo Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Is this game in beta yet?!
  • JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104

It isn't alpha yet. Here is the latest news.

http://www.mmomagic.com/NewsDetail.php?newsID=131

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    They have a crowd funding effort going on at their website.  I dontated 50 bucks just for the off-chance for a different kind of MMORPG that isn't being turned into an arcade game.