Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: 2013 game or expansion are you most looking forward to

PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member

A lot of interesting prospects are coming out this year. Most of us have been burned at one type or another by the hype train, but a lot of are eternal optimists and we start to get our hopes up again. 

EDIT: I know -- I didn't list ArcheAge. Is it supposed to come out in 2013? What game should I have cut off the list for ArcheAge?

Comments

• FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member

Star Citizen/Squadron 42 alpha/beta test

Probably World of Darkness by CCP

Defiance

Firefall

And as always new content for TSW and AoC

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ThorkuneThorkune Eastern, KYPosts: 1,830Member Uncommon
    The Repopulation. I also want to try TESO
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Marvel Heroes, and the inevitable D3 expansion.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member

Neverwinter

GW2 Expansion 

Defiance 

Archage

In that order

You could have dropped AoW, DFO, or Dust for Archage, none of those really have the followers the rest of the games have. 

• cybertruckercybertrucker Pensacola, FLPosts: 1,119Member
    Everquest NEXT. The other ones I might dabble with. I will probably pick up the GW2 expansion. Maybe neverwinter. But the only one I am anxiously waiting for is EQnext
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Celina, OHPosts: 1,025Member Uncommon

Archage

Defiance

Teso

No signature, I don't have a pen

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common

GW2 expansion

Wildstar

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph SarajevoPosts: 1,070Member Uncommon

long time I am looking for main  casual mmo shooter, maybe it ll be  Defiance !

ESO -litlle lost interesting ,I ll stick with SP TES games ,coz they are more  ,,massive,, than ESO,too much limited game for TES  gameplay... but as usual i ll give game chance.

Neverwinter - it is PW f2p  game,it ll be too much expensive

Dust 514-ps3 exclusive,fck you CCP !

for other games  on list ,never was interested

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• RecoreRecore Posts: 5,097Member Uncommon
    You got too much crap in that list and dont even have ArcheAge which has been one of the most anticipated for years.
    Raptr Gamercard
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon

Makeb

TESO

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,927Member Uncommon

Voted other.

GW2 expansion, and Repopulation

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 , CAPosts: 2,446Member Uncommon
    Lets put it this way, WildStar is the only one I'm optimistic about.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Detroit, MIPosts: 376Member
    Camelot Unchained is what I'm really waiting for. But no way that's coming out this year. So I'll have to say TESO, because I think it could be great if they get the RvR system right. I really like the look of WildStar and want to try it out, but I get the feeling that the PvP is gonna be instanced and world PvP will be meaningless and without rewards. So yeah, never spending a penny again on an MMO that has instances as its main form of PvP.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,058Member Uncommon
    Currently Neverwinter as I believe it will be out by April.  Followed by ESO but I am very apprehensive about the endgame of ESO because of its reliance on RvR.  Something GW2 taught me I was no longer interested in.  All I want is an Exploration centric solo MMO with the possibility of running perpetually changing dungeons within a group setting.  So far looks like both NWO and ESO will be it but I have to use 2 MMO's to get what I desire most out of an MMO.  image

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Covington, LAPosts: 555Member
    EVE Summer expansion

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Freeland, MI, MIPosts: 1,122Member
    Wildstar has skyrocketed to the top of my list due to the entertainment value.  I'm loving the tone of the game, from what I've seen so far.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• SmoeySmoey CambridgePosts: 572Member Uncommon
    FFXIV: ARR

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    Wildstar is the one I'm most looking forward to simply because it's not yet another fantasy MMO. Ordinarily I'd be pretty hyped about TESO since it's a game with an RvR system, but it's coming out too soon after GW 2 disappointed me for me to get too pumped up. I still might try it however.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

None of the above. MMOs have lost their RPG aspect and I am not interested in action combat FPS RvRvR games that take a mere 2 months to "win."

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,221Member Uncommon
    Neverwinter, City of Steam, Guild Wars 2 xpac, STO season, and Wildstar.
  • steelwindsteelwind Folsom, CAPosts: 345Member Uncommon

Since I won't play another Themepark, this leaves only one, Archeage. That is unless EQNext surprises us all and releases this year.

As a side note, I cannot believe how so many are hyped yet again based on name alone TESO. I would have though that players would have learned their lesson by now and not be fooled by yet another clone. It seems as though everyone is just placing bets on TESO based on name alone (umm SWTOR) instead of a feature set that makes it stand out. Well I guess we will see the truth finally when people burn out in a few months but this time they have a sandbox to try instead. Going to be an interesting year to say the least.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon

It is interesting to watch the development of TESO's popularity from "Hated" to "Game I am most looking forward to in 2013" during the last several months.

I went with "other" as I am most looking forward to ArcheAge. Blizz's Titan is also a game I cant wait to see, but I am quite certain it will not be released in 2013. I do hope that on Blizzcon 2013, they will announce the game.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• PWN_FACEPWN_FACE SeoulPosts: 670Member
    Originally posted by Mannish
    You got too much crap in that list and dont even have ArcheAge which has been one of the most anticipated for years.

I know. I wish I could edit polls. Major brain fail on my part. And EQNext and FFXIV:RR.

2013 should be a great year for MMOs.

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon

•None of the above

Other than Archeage which isn't on the list the only other game i'm remotely interested in is Star Citizen which isn't this year anyway.

• TheelyTheely St. Paul, MNPosts: 367Member Uncommon

Tomb Raider

Last of Us

Beyond: Two Souls.

MMOs: None. Everything on upcoming looks like glorified turds. Will I try the F2P ones? Certainly, but I'm not looking forward to the disappointment.