Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for GW2 under $20

2»

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by elitero
    OP if you find it let me knwo also I need an account for my cousin. 

This is your best bet. Be aware of secondary sources if you download anything. Not all of them are credible.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    The only one I am seeing for a bit less than that is if you order VIA amazon and not the digital download just hard copy for like 50 USD
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

It's worth the 60 bucks.

You can usually find it for 40-50 easy.

You  never came back with another reply...that probably means you're just reading this thread for kicks...

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by botrytis

GW1 is not that cheap and neither is WoW - both around 25 US dollars per chapter. A game that is just B2P, probably will not get that low unless it is a total flop.

SO if GW2 is not that good of a game - why even play it? Move on....

Guild Wars Prophecies for $20:

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Game-Year-Pc/dp/B0002BJQDY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1360698903&sr=8-8&keywords=guild+wars

Guild Wars Factions for $20:

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Factions-Pc/dp/B000FAMQCK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1360699009&sr=8-4&keywords=guild+wars+factions

All three Guild Wars campaigns together for $30:

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Trilogy-Pc/dp/B001DI6O6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360699009&sr=8-1&keywords=guild+wars+factions

We'll probably eventually see comparable prices on Guild Wars 2.  But note how long it has been since Guild Wars 1 launched.  Buy to play means you're never inclined to give away the game for $5 to try to get people to start paying subscription fees.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Originally posted by botrytis

GW1 is not that cheap and neither is WoW - both around 25 US dollars per chapter. A game that is just B2P, probably will not get that low unless it is a total flop.

SO if GW2 is not that good of a game - why even play it? Move on....

Guild Wars Prophecies for $20:

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Game-Year-Pc/dp/B0002BJQDY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1360698903&sr=8-8&keywords=guild+wars

Guild Wars Factions for $20:

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Factions-Pc/dp/B000FAMQCK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1360699009&sr=8-4&keywords=guild+wars+factions

All three Guild Wars campaigns together for $30:

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Trilogy-Pc/dp/B001DI6O6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360699009&sr=8-1&keywords=guild+wars+factions

We'll probably eventually see comparable prices on Guild Wars 2.  But note how long it has been since Guild Wars 1 launched.  Buy to play means you're never inclined to give away the game for $5 to try to get people to start paying subscription fees.

I logged into Guild Wars last night and opened a couple 7 year birthday presents, so yeah, it's been quite awhile. There was still a good number of people in old L.A. too. The nostalgia... it was strong.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Scypheroth
    looking to pick up this game for4 UNDER 20 bucks or a lil over. Not willing to pay more than $25 since i dont htink its worth that.

I doubt it someone would actually sell you their account since the game is B2P, if that's what you're aiming for.

If you think you can get an mmorpg with that amount of content and free constant updates for 25$ and without a monthly sub, good luck.. XD

EDIT: if you think the game is not worth the money, why even buying it in first place?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Celcius

Chances are you won't see it that low even with a sale until after the first expansion comes out which will probably be 40-60$ so if you want to play GW2 you will ultimately have to cough up a similar price to what you are paying now regardless of how long you wait. If you get it cheaper chances are that it is not from a safe source and your account will be banned. They ban those kind of keys all the time. 

As for it not being worth 20$; you are out of your mind. I don't know of anyone, haters included, that did not get 60$ worth of content out of GW2. If they didn't enjoy the game enough to get that much time out of it then it was their fault for not doing any research or checking out the game beforehand. There were plenty of opportunities to play it before launch. If I hit 80 and quit playing GW2 I would still have gotten more then my money's worth. The time it takes for most people to get to 80 is probably around the time it takes you to play through 5 long 60$ regular single player games. Realistically according to today's standards I would say I probably got my 60$ worth before the end of the 3rd day. 

60 $ would have been enough for roughly 7 movie tickets, which means about 14-21 hours of entertainment.

Do I choose any MMORPG for 60 $ or to have seen "The Dark Knight", "Schlinder's List", "The Shawhank Redemption", "Fight Club", "Forrest Gump", "Inception"  and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" when they were released at the movie theater? 

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

I am not really sure if you are trying to backup my point or not, but you did a great job backing it up if so. Thanks! 60$ for only about a day of entertainment vs 60$ for over 300 hours of entertainment. Hmmm indeed.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Scypheroth
    looking to pick up this game for4 UNDER 20 bucks or a lil over. Not willing to pay more than $25 since i dont htink its worth that.

Then you'll most likely just have to skip it because  I doubt that a B2P game will drop it's box price to twenty dollars. The only place  I seeing it going for that is a third party source and you are just asking for trouble if you go that route. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Celcius

Chances are you won't see it that low even with a sale until after the first expansion comes out which will probably be 40-60$ so if you want to play GW2 you will ultimately have to cough up a similar price to what you are paying now regardless of how long you wait. If you get it cheaper chances are that it is not from a safe source and your account will be banned. They ban those kind of keys all the time. 

As for it not being worth 20$; you are out of your mind. I don't know of anyone, haters included, that did not get 60$ worth of content out of GW2. If they didn't enjoy the game enough to get that much time out of it then it was their fault for not doing any research or checking out the game beforehand. There were plenty of opportunities to play it before launch. If I hit 80 and quit playing GW2 I would still have gotten more then my money's worth. The time it takes for most people to get to 80 is probably around the time it takes you to play through 5 long 60$ regular single player games. Realistically according to today's standards I would say I probably got my 60$ worth before the end of the 3rd day. 

60 $ would have been enough for roughly 7 movie tickets, which means about 14-21 hours of entertainment.

Do I choose any MMORPG for 60 $ or to have seen "The Dark Knight", "Schlinder's List", "The Shawhank Redemption", "Fight Club", "Forrest Gump", "Inception"  and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" when they were released at the movie theater? 

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

so you think an mmorpg doesn't have more than 17-21 hours of entertainment or did I get that wrong?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------