Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera the EU Nightmare

RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
SO Tera released a new EU server labeled EN for english speaking people. However it was swamed by every other language so now the EN server has a minority of EN speaking. If you report it nothing happens because the makers dont give a shit about it. Sorry but if your going to make seperate English and International Servers then ENFORECE THE DAMN THING.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

That's what happens all the time in European games, too many languages in a small area and you get a clusterfuck of illegible babble.

Also enforcing it is almost impossible when English speakers become the minority.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    part of the problem is they dont do servers in their own specific languages most of the time so they have to create a char on any server.which you cant blame them really.they have just has much right to play as we have.seen this in so many games.dont know why they just dont call them european servers..then there is no complaints .no problems.i do get what your saying.but has i say these ladies and gents are entitled to play the game has we are.
  • FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    SO Tera released a new EU server labeled EN for english speaking people. However it was swamed by every other language so now the EN server has a minority of EN speaking. If you report it nothing happens because the makers dont give a shit about it. Sorry but if your going to make seperate English and International Servers then ENFORECE THE DAMN THING.

Welcome to f2p in Europe. Eventually, when the russian/polish/servian/whatever people leave the common language becomes English again. There'll be people who don't speak English, but they won't bother you. Give it some time :)

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

No wonder why Europe is going through the Crisis it´s going thru... if we cannot even respect/learn to coexist with the different languages we have ...

TERA EU doesn´t have servers labeled for all European languages...no Italian server...not Spanish server....not Portuguese server...or Greek....nor Sweedish..or Turkish... and those players have to play somewhere.... Some of them speak english too....some don´t.

Most of the people from those countries usually end up in English servers because they understand or speak english (more or less) better than French or German (only 2 languages usually labeled) ...but it´s normal that they will speak in their native language with fellow citizens...

If you think this is the "TERA EU nightmare" is simply because you don´t understand that EUROPE is NOT an English Speaking continent....

Take the oportunity to learn some other languages, make friends from other countries...and most of all... Be proud of our rich cultures...stop complaining and learn for once & for good that in Europe we speak more than 25 languages!

EU severs are not and will never be like NA severs where they only speak english.

OP, behave like an European ;)

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

100% agree, and it's why I moved to the US.

All they have done by labelling servers as 'Eng' is create an ongoing argument war... they should have just labelled all servers as 'Int'. At least that way the argument is removed. Better still they should have had staff on the sserevers at launch enforcing the language policy they themselves set up.

Plus the ongoing racism and nationalistic trolling makes the US/ BR thing look like kindergarden.

I will never play on a EU server again, especially in a PvP game, and *especially* one that's F2P. The culture clash is too nasty and the hate too strong to be dealing with on a daily basis.

Originally posted by Zzad

No wonder why Europe is going through the Crisis it´s going thru... if we cannot even respect/learn to coexist with the different languages we have ...

Yes, I agree. The hostile nationalism I have seen in these channels has been disgusting, and it comes from all sides.

TERA EU doesn´t have servers labeled for all European languages...no Italian server...not Spanish server....not Portuguese server...or Greek....nor Sweedish..or Turkish... and those players have to play somewhere.... Some of them speak english too....some don´t.

That's what the International server is for.

'International' means multi language by defintion... guess what 'English' means? That's right, speak English.

If you can't, roll on the International.

If you think this is the "TERA EU nightmare" is simply because you don´t understand that EUROPE is NOT an English Speaking continent....

This has nothing to do with that, it has to do with specific clearly labelled servers and showing respect to other players.

Stop making this into a bigger issue because you have some personal axe to grind about what Europe is or isn't.

EU severs are not and will never be like NA severs where they only speak english.

Actually the US servers don't speak only English. The same war rages there between them and (mostly) the Brazilians.

Ahh... and here is the question... how does a 'European' 'behave'? I guess, by what I am seeing,  they do whatever the fuck they want to do and steamroll those willing to play by the rules with inconsideration and rudeness and always look for a fight if they object?

I refuse to see this as the 'European way' personally.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

English speakers are the minority in Europe i mean, as a native language. 

Originally posted by hikaru77

What has that got to do with anything? I mean, why even say it?

It's clear that English is massively spoken throughout the EU, and it's clear that the servers were labelled English. It's clear that the International servers were meant for non English speakers, and it's clear that the people that *want* to speak English are being steamrolled by those that can't or don't want to (on a server that led them to believe they would be able to to participate with the wider community in their chosen language no less).

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by hikaru77

What has that got to do with anything? I mean, why even say it?

It's clear that English is massively spoken throughout the EU, and it's clear that the servers were labelled English. It's clear that the International servers were meant for non English speakers, and it's clear that the people that *want* to speak English are being steamrolled by those that can't or don't want to (on a server that led them to believe they would be able to to participate with the wider community in their chosen language no less).

don't know why, but for some reason there are a lot of bigots around that seem to think its a fun thing to dump on English speakers, i could almost say its typical EU behaviour, but it isnt, as most of it seems to originate outside of the EU proper, oddly enough, you don't find the french and germans behaving like that, makes you wonder sometimes.image

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Zzad

Most of the people from those countries usually end up in English servers because they understand or speak english (more or less) better than French or German (only 2 languages usually labeled) ...but it´s normal that they will speak in their native language with fellow citizens...

Take the oportunity to learn some other languages, make friends from other countries...and most of all... Be proud of our rich cultures...stop complaining and learn for once & for good that in Europe we speak more than 25 languages!

I can bet you that on French and German servers 99% are speaking that respective language. Why should English servers be any different?

They should create an international server where people can speak whatever giberish they want and have a separate english server for people wanting to speak english.