Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

latest donation goal revealed, new character and armor models

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Do they have no shame?
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Do they have no shame?

guess not lol, 3rd donation goal and the 1st 1 isnt even fully implemented.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Do they have no shame?

Hey, It's more than they we're making in subscriptions. image

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    That does it, definitely not going to buy this game even to try it out. They don't deserve peoples money, wasn't the game supposed to come out in November anyways?

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

What?

If they can show you the screenshots of the final look, how do they need the money? It's already friggin done, you can see it there in the screenshots for feck sake. Do you seriously believe they will not make these changes when they don't get the money?

All they are trying to do is jump on the Kickstarter crowd funding train and of cause the sheep do follow blindly. This is idiotic and everyone giving them money should be removed from the gene pool.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    That does it, definitely not going to buy this game even to try it out. They don't deserve peoples money, wasn't the game supposed to come out in November anyways?

Umm.. the game released in July 2010...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• CheboyganCheboygan Member UncommonPosts: 36

strangely i actually found this unbelievable - after all i have witnessed with this game they were still able to surprise me

now i can somewhat get the new armor sets as this is pretty much like a microtransaction (well maybe a macro one) to get new armor skins but part of this package is optimization - no way should you be paying for the developers to fix their game

sadly - the players on their forums are lapping it up like chocolate pudding

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Cheboygan

strangely i actually found this unbelievable - after all i have witnessed with this game they were still able to surprise menow i can somewhat get the new armor sets as this is pretty much like a microtransaction (well maybe a macro one) to get new armor skins but part of this package is optimization - no way should you be paying for the developers to fix their gamesadly - the players on their forums are lapping it up like chocolate pudding 

Yeah, both of them.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by taus01

What?

If they can show you the screenshots of the final look, how do they need the money? It's already friggin done, you can see it there in the screenshots for feck sake. Do you seriously believe they will not make these changes when they don't get the money?

All they are trying to do is jump on the Kickstarter crowd funding train and of cause the sheep do follow blindly. This is idiotic and everyone giving them money should be removed from the gene pool.

You have no concept of how a prototype works, do you?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

The reason why i discarded this game from the beginning is the lack of third person perspective. And now all this begging for cash is just ridiculous. i cant really think that people really support this....

When a gamer refuses to pay a sub for any reason, people tell them to get a job. These guys are  not homeless. The bunch of them can easily get a part time, gather the 6k together, and continue their improvements. Make a good game then charge for it. Dont beg players for money to fix your mess. You wanted to be in a professional environment (gaming industry) so be responsible about it.

EDIT: also, thats not how donations work. 

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by rojo6934

The reason why i discarded this game from the beginning is the lack of third person perspective. And now all this begging for cash is just ridiculous. i cant really think that people really support this....

When a gamer refuses to pay a sub for any reason, people tell them to get a job. These guys are  not homeless. The bunch of them can easily get a part time, gather the 6k together, and continue their improvements. Make a good game then charge for it. Dont beg players for money to fix your mess. You wanted to be in a professional environment (gaming industry) so be responsible about it.

EDIT: also, thats not how donations work. 

Amen.

SV's business model has detoriated from a "charge AAA box price + sub for a sub-par product" to this weird "free to play, pay to win, donate extra to see actual development" system that is unheard of in the industry.

Not to mention none of the previous donations goals have been implemented afaik. How can people keep donating when the development process is exactly the same as before except that some stupid fans now pay thousands of dollars extra under the table?

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

wow, they are getting good.  I guess Henrik is getting lessons from Tasos, hell, he may be even teaching him already. 

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I think the whole MO development debacle stinks of "Hey let's make a game, because while developing it, we can also buy new cars, houses and rolexes because that's what successful devs do."

The problem is, they don't have the skills to make a game, no matter how badly they wanted to.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

That sure seems like a lot of promises for only $6,000

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453
    This is getting pathetic...