Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Campaign 72 Map - Campaign Retraced

StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

A while back a player did something awesome and basically snapshotted the wiretap data and the lagus web map (I think) and captured a video which shows the scale of the WWIIOL campaign map and how the players drive the campaigns up and down the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9cb4QKuHHI&list=UUzfqnYLbcXOIqu5ngR5Psew&index=1

The little yellow/white flashes are player deaths so you can track battles around the key towns - I especially like the air to air deaths that occur as aircraft are itnercepted in the way too and from targets.

Enjoy  :)

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

Great video.

The problem is that you really dont have numbers on those deaths to give you an idea of how many players are actually playing during that timeframe.  

So much crap, so little quality.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    When I play I don't have a problem with numbers in-game.

What's your problem?
    Originally posted by Stug
    When I play I don't have a problem with numbers in-game.

What's your problem?

Why are you getting hostile when I just made a comment.    I am only saying that to those who DONT play the game sometimes that is a selling point.  

What did my post have to do with game population?
    What did my post have to do with game population?

It didnt I was making a comment on that.

It is not good, it was not bad.   You are the one who got mad at it.

But why? What need was there?
    But why? What need was there?

I am just posting my POV, take it or leave it.   Dont try and start and argument over it.

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106

It's interesting how their is data available for heatmaps. If anything I would say they need to get these out more (if the data is still available) either if it's a simple thing from then or if they need volunteers to shift through data and code something. I'm sure there would be people who would be open to do what is unpaid work experience for a game company. "Volunteer coder for heatmap media" would be good on a CV.

BTW your posts/thread have been treated badly recently. No attempt at faux-empathy (we shall remain divided :) ) but a couple of your posts have been mod edited when their contents is certainly not against any forum rules to such a degree where an edit/delete is necessary.

I'm not starting an argument hodo - I want to know why you posted what you did - it made no logical sense.

@bodkin. I think it was BGE monitor used to make the map?
  • anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110

Yes it was BGE Monitor

I'm not starting an argument hodo - I want to know why you posted what you did - it made no logical sense.

@bodkin. I think it was BGE monitor used to make the map?

I said it because the colors and flashes are great, but there is no key for those colors or flashes.   For all you know a white flash could be 50 people, and a yellow could be 1.    That would give some kind of information on numbers to go with.  

I know the main page used to give the campaign totals at the end of the campaign.   For example, Campaign 35 had 12k allied casualties and 11k axis casualties.    I am just making the numbers but you get the point.

Right. You forgot another part of the post you followed up with that that still doesn't make logical sense.
  • UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Pretty funny that you're going to sit here and call him out on this when you yourself do the same thing in other threads.

Also if you aren't out to make an argument you should stop with the condescending remarks.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

What an I trying to call him out on? Please, do say. You might have the decency to say it.
  • UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    What an I trying to call him out on? Please, do say. You might have the decency to say it.

I'm talking about how you called him out on his original statement (regarding a lack of an accurate representation of player count) because you felt it was unnecessary.

Or was this a trick question? Hmm.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

No trick question - its good to see your interested in why I want clarification for the reasons behind him posting.

Im still waiting for him to come back and explain why he had to bring something completely unconnected with the original post into the thread.

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110

No trick question - its good to see your interested in why I want clarification for the reasons behind him posting.

Im still waiting for him to come back and explain why he had to bring something completely unconnected with the original post into the thread.

It wasn't completely unrelated.

Hmm..fancy that...I see a pattern emerging ;-)