Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: New Update Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Grinding Gear has announced that the latest patch for Path of Exile has been deployed. In a detailed developer blog, the team revealed some of the improvements to the game, most notably eleven new maps and new artwork specific to gems.

End-game Map Changes:

• Added 11 new types of Maps: Arsenal, Arcade, Ghetto, Promenade, Temple, Colonnade, Bazaar, Crematorium, Precinct, Shipyard and Shrine.

• Map progression now extends to area level 77.

• Maps which had the same level topologies as other maps now have their own new layouts.

• The Labyrinthine mod now provides a more consistent increase in maps and is comparable to the Massive mod on applicable maps.

• Some existing maps have had their bosses changed or reworked.

• Some recipes for upgrading maps produce a different map than they did previously.

Read the patch notes on the Path of Exile site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132
    Diablo III has no soul. It's just Blizzard milking it's franchise for 'mo money.

PoE looks very cool, and sincere, in offering a Diablo experience, without stuffing it's hand down your pants and yoinking out your wallet.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by NameWasTaken
    Diablo III has no soul. It's just Blizzard milking it's franchise for 'mo money.

PoE looks very cool, and sincere, in offering a Diablo experience, without stuffing it's hand down your pants and yoinking out your wallet.

Not clear why u need to take a poke at D3, this news has nothing at all to do with D3, do you need to some how justify POE by poking at D3?

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by expresso

Not clear why u need to take a poke at D3, this news has nothing at all to do with D3, do you need to some how justify POE by poking at D3?

Because PoE and D3 are so similar in style. I agree with what he has to say.

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by Sijjistoryus

Zod also agrees

Well in that case, POE has no soul, there is nothing unique or memorable about it, its just a mashup of other peoples ideas with zero originality, it does many things but does neither of them well.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Well in that case, POE has no soul, there is nothing unique or memorable about it, its just a mashup of other peoples ideas with zero originality, it does many things but does neither of them well.

Then I guess I'm one of the many idiots enjoying this like hell.

By the way, your avatar kinda gives away your objectiveness, so spear us!

Originally posted by BTrayaL

spear you? why would I do that?

My Avatar is a symbol that I think for myslef rather then following the blizzard hate train cus all the cool kids do it choo choo ... now back on topic please.

• LunarpacLunarpac Member UncommonPosts: 57
    No need to make this a flame war between D3 and PoE. I'd love people to be able to read news about one of them without automatically taking a swing at the other. ^_^
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

PoE > D2 > D3, simple as that.

That being said good to see em spicing things up in-game with more map types ^^

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by BTrayaL

And there are more then plenty enough people who enjoy D3.  I do not like either game (or the genre tbh) but to take a cheap shot at another game is kind of uncalled for.  Liek your game without hating others and the forums can be a better place for all.  Which is the point the guy you quoted is trying to make.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Exactly. People just eat it up because it's cool to be 'indie' and hate on the 'big, EEEVIIILLL' corporation. Gotta get that internet hipster credit, yo!

Just look at the original response. Took a shot at D3, even though the article has nothing to do with it. Just to show how 'cool' he is to his haterrific forum peers.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Exactly. People just eat it up because it's cool to be 'indie' and hate on the 'big, EEEVIIILLL' corporation. Gotta get that internet hipster credit, yo!

Just look at the original response. Took a shot at D3, even though the article has nothing to do with it. Just to show how 'cool' he is to his haterrific forum peers.

Indy games can suck, too.

PoE, however, has a great team.

A good small team is much better than a gigantic bad team.

• ParasitenoirParasitenoir Member Posts: 43

The battle in this between games/companies is whatever.  What I will say is this.

1.  If you think that POE does nothing unique and just copied shit from other ARPGs.  Send me actual details about what they copied - and how nothing they did is unique.

2.  If you are flaming against POE and Side with Blizzard whatever no on cares.  But let me ask you this.  Did you play Diablo and Diablo 2 for atleast a couple years (in my case 8).  Then waited a couple more years and tried diablo 3.  If you are not someone who just jumped in at D3 and actually played D2 legit.  Let me know.  Because if you havnt played D1 or D2 then you have no right to even be on these forums and bash against D3 or POE.  

Otherwise - just enjoy whatever you want - and stop flaming and let people decide what they wanna play.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Parasitenoir

The battle in this between games/companies is whatever.  What I will say is this.

1.  If you think that POE does nothing unique and just copied shit from other ARPGs.  Send me actual details about what they copied - and how nothing they did is unique.

2.  If you are flaming against POE and Side with Blizzard whatever no on cares.  But let me ask you this.  Did you play Diablo and Diablo 2 for atleast a couple years (in my case 8).  Then waited a couple more years and tried diablo 3.  If you are not someone who just jumped in at D3 and actually played D2 legit.  Let me know.  Because if you havnt played D1 or D2 then you have no right to even be on these forums and bash against D3 or POE.  

Otherwise - just enjoy whatever you want - and stop flaming and let people decide what they wanna play.

1 year D1 (gimped myself slightly by playing D2 first) D2 2 years, D2: LoD 4 years, also played Torchlight 2 for a few months but that's tangential. To me D3 just seems like a step back from D1 and D2 while PoE scratches the Diablo itch better than Torchlight for me.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

They totally copied FF X sphere grid:

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

POE is lacking the polishment of D3, but if correctly polished it would be a much better game.

I am a supporter with POE but I am not playing that steaming pile of dung until they sort the game out.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

POE is lacking the polishment of D3, but if correctly polished it would be a much better game.

I am a supporter with POE but I am not playing that steaming pile of dung until they sort the game out.

Can I just ask - what is unpolished to your standards - and what makes the dung pile?

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

But it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE there fore you can't argue...All the leechers and denizens unite under that banner...

I completely agree with you though... 10 seconds after playing PoE, I have no idea what I accomplished... The aesthetic of the game is also so bland... feels very monochomatic to me...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

So the sphere grid is similar to FFX - and honestly great - FFX had one of the best leveling systems in any video game ive played.  MAJOR FAN OF THE SPHERE GRID

ALSO - i am not sure what the unpolish of this game is currently - I am not sure what the pile of dung is (or what ur classifying in this game as dung).

Otherwise - game is great - and if you were a fan of D2/D1 idk how you can complain about a free version (which i find to be better).  Also a game that is only 3 weeks into its Open Beta and is already making major updates - and adding higher level content.

Thanks

• Nicksino999Nicksino999 Member Posts: 11
    The fact is, they are making trion like updates to this game.  Cant wait to see how much it changes during beta.  And copying somethign that is great and needs to be copied is a + not a - in my books
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

So the sphere grid is similar to FFX - and honestly great - FFX had one of the best leveling systems in any video game ive played.  MAJOR FAN OF THE SPHERE GRID

ALSO - i am not sure what the unpolish of this game is currently - I am not sure what the pile of dung is (or what ur classifying in this game as dung).

Otherwise - game is great - and if you were a fan of D2/D1 idk how you can complain about a free version (which i find to be better).  Also a game that is only 3 weeks into its Open Beta and is already making major updates - and adding higher level content.

Thanks

I like the Sphere Grid and PoE also. Not as much as I enjoyed D3 (Teh Horror!!), but it a solid game from what I've seen so far.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

Nothing unique or memorable? Zero originality? Are you for real? I told you before to drop the Blizz fanboy glasses mate. I am a WoW suber since 2005, paid my 60 euros for DIII but i just can't ignore the fact that the epitomy of "nothing unique or memorable", "zero originality" is todays Blizzard / Activision.

• gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Ah, I wish they'd also update their actual combat system. As it now, things feel very chunky, and it's much easier to play a random-AoE-spellcaster than a single-target-melee/cleave-fighter.

They're good in terms of items, and probably even spells (even though there are only about 1-3 viable builds per class), I think they should improve on fluency, stability, etc. Maybe even add some actually immersive story-line.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by Dihoru

PoE > D2 > D3, simple as that.

That being said good to see em spicing things up in-game with more map types ^^

no. not even close. that said, d3 shouldn't even be listed with poe and d2. 

EDIT: i don't suppose they zoomed out the camera at all in poe? the only reason i don't play it now is the camera angle/zoom distance weirds me out.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Need the darn memory leaks fixed :( love the game other wise