Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] WildStar: Unveiling the Dominion and Stalker Class

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

WildStar is one of those games that has been languishing behind the veil but Carbine Studios is ready to start releasing more information to an excited audience. We've got a hands on preview of WildStar, most particularly the Dominion and the first ever information about the Stalker class. Check it out and then let us know what you think in the comments.

Although the Dominion are not quite an evil counterpart to the happy-go-lucky, lovably swashbuckling Exiles, they're nonetheless a creepy and domineering faction.  The Dominion are a powerful interstellar empire who have their own designs on Nexus and have some history with the planet's former inhabitants, the Eldan.  They're thus in constant conflict with the Exile faction, with whom they already have plenty of experience, having originally kicked the Exiles out of their homes.

Read more of Somo Pourfarzaneh's WildStar: Unveiling the Dominion and Stalker Class.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I guess you could say the Dominion has the odds stacked against them.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Just like most MMOs I am sure the evil side (The Dominion) will get the larger population of players. 
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

The dominion are English? damn, i guess i have to be them then, and robots too! And seeing as they have the deeds to Nexus essentially, I guess that makes them more legitimate than the exiles, wow, what a twist.

• linh868linh868 Member UncommonPosts: 4

I'm definitely playing the dominion. Go Wildstar! Can't wait to see what else is in store.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Wow, this is looking to be a great game so far, if it turns out to be B2P and has a lot of customization, I will be playing this alongside GW2 and if AA is B2P will be that as well.

Gonna keep a eye on this game now.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    The Exiles are adorkable, but the Dominion have playable robots and posh humans.
  • LJonteLJonte Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Oh, I am really looking forward to this game.

-Lisa Jont

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Well, when you have robots and drake people on one side, it's hard to sell rabbit girls to people (altho when i put it like that i doubted myself a bit). Let's hope the unrevealed race for Exiles is something interesting.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by black_isle
    Well, when you have robots and drake people on one side, it's hard to sell rabbit girls to people (altho when i put it like that i doubted myself a bit). Let's hope the unrevealed race for Exiles is something interesting.

Go look at the "meet the exiles" video again and pay attention to details, that might give you a clue whats their last race ;)

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by RizelStar

Wow, this is looking to be a great game so far, if it turns out to be B2P and has a lot of customization, I will be playing this alongside GW2 and if AA is B2P will be that as well.

Gonna keep a eye on this game now.

It would be a huge mistake if they go F2P I sure do hope that B2P becomes the new standard. I favor B2P over P2P even. I am looking to WS to be my new MMO home. I think this game is going to be not only a sleeper hit but a MMO that should steady increase its playerbase if done right over time.

• BolongoBolongo Member Posts: 24
    So the Dominion are the Empire and the Exiles are the Rebels. Got it.

_____
    Bright indications singe cool undisciplined hours.

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Never even heard about this game, looks cool.

Will probably play it ,if it turns out to be F2P or B2P, not that there is mutch of a chance NCsoft would be stupid enough to try P2P with this game but who knows XD

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

I wonder what the big thing about the 4th race for both factions is? Must be an animation thing because the races of both factions seem to be sharing characteristics.

Human race
    Beast type with tail race
    Big and tough race

Oh well, havent seen a race in this that Im not interested in yet so have really high hopes for these 4th races.

• Deerhuntah60Deerhuntah60 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by tet666

Never even heard about this game, looks cool.

Will probably play it ,if it turns out to be F2P or B2P, not that there is mutch of a chance NCsoft would be stupid enough to try P2P with this game but who knows XD

Except the fact your missing ins Carbine is the developer and will develop the game the way they see fit, NCSoft has no say if it goes F2P, B2P, or P2P since they are only the publisher.

Edit: Grammar error :)

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Top of my "most anticipated" list image

Not that that's a very long list.

It just looks like fun. Dunno what mileage it will give, but I'm sure joining the ride !

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

I wonder what the big thing about the 4th race for both factions is? Must be an animation thing because the races of both factions seem to be sharing characteristics.

Human race
    Beast type with tail race
    Big and tough race

Oh well, havent seen a race in this that Im not interested in yet so have really high hopes for these 4th races.

Only thing missing is some sort of "small race". Though the Exile video seems to indicate some kind of undead race. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    LOL. It seems all the bad factions talk with an English accent (SWTOR and Wildstar. On the other hand, I once knew a girl from UK and she would fit the Dominion model perfectly  :)
  • TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Member UncommonPosts: 393

When he says "not going to talk about this one" you can pause it and get a good look at the weapon. It's rather small and crude-looking, with a mix of technology as well.

My bet is the final race is something small and gadgety, similar to WoW's gnomes or goblins.

If I'm right.... yay for originality. /sarcasm

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    You know that the Stalker Class AKA Rogue class will be the op class for PVP defently my class of choice to lvl up first for pvp.image

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Bolongo
    So the Dominion are the Empire and the Exiles are the Rebels. Got it.

Nah, this is clearly based on Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

Dominion:

• Cardassian: Cassian
    • Jem'Hadar: Draken
    • Vorta: Mechari
    • Breen: ?

The Founders = Eldan

• XcomVicXcomVic Member Posts: 50
    Fourth race some skeleton thing
  • XcomVicXcomVic Member Posts: 50
    Skeletons!
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

That Dominion video was pretty hilarious :p

Really liking the look of this game so far.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• Bowser82Bowser82 Member Posts: 18
    Do people who created Allods Online work on this?

"You don't have much choice when trouble's riding your back so tight it makes the leather squeak. Sometimes you outsmart it, sometimes you outfight it, and sometimes you just have to outrun it... full throttle."

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by Bowser82
    Do people who created Allods Online work on this?

I can understand why you would see similarities.

But Allods is by a Russian developer and this is by an American one, so I don't think it's likely.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!