Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

M/K Good M/K Bad

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Montreal, QCPosts: 1,803Member

disclaimer 1: This is not about the game, its in beta and im having fun playing it.

disclaimer 2: i will say that when playing an FPS with a controller I AM  that guy looking at the floor or the sky 95% of the time, Shooting at everything except the target with a normal game K/D ratio that looks something like 1K:35D (and that 1 was a grenade i shot accidently by randomly pressing buttons.

nowwhen i first started playing dust i was exactly like that 2:7 1:10 and i was getting better 7:15. 

then someone in eve told me dude, plug in any USB M/K it works

so i gave it a shot and the worse game ive played since has been a 7:7 most of the time my Kills are higher than deaths. 

conclusion: mouse/keyboard dominates controllers. 

now why i hate it

when i play my console i want to be on the couch, with a controller eating nachos and getting fat. a PS3 is not made to be used like a computer. (im probably old school, but concoles = TV COUCH CONTROLLERS AND FRIENDS)

but also i will not purposefully handicap myself by using a controller to play dust when i can get better stats by using M/K

also i dont want to compete against others using M/K while i'm using a controller. 

conclusion: i have found myself not wanting to play because i would HAVE to use M/K

TL:RD

LOVE THE GAME BECAUSE I CAN USE M/K

HATE THE GAME BECAUSE I CAN USE M/K

Tagged:

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis LondonPosts: 3,197Member Uncommon

(1) Get wireless Keyboard & Mouse, connect them to PS3

(2) Get a piece of wood (I used to use a old bookshelf)

(3) Put KB & M on the shelf

(4) Recline on sofa, put the shelf on your lap

For additional slob-points, integrate a cup-holder into the shelf.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonPosts: 1,530Member Uncommon

I think an important aspect to this game is to join a corp that suits you.

Some corps get excellent K/D ratios and win tornaments. However, they play DUST like it's a job, and they expect you to as well if you join them. (I would love to know what these people do for a living.)

Other corps are far more relaxed.

• SysFailSysFail LondonPosts: 375Member

M/K support is pretty basic and didn't feel very nice compared to games developed soley for m/k.

As to your comfort issues, i personally hated playing games at a desk, i've long legs and like to stretch them!

So i've set myself up with a nice comfy leather recliner and one of these tables for my mouse. I've also the microsoft sidewiner keyboard that has a detachable numpad, which makes it perfect for a lap and my gaming puter is connected to a big screen without any latency issues at all.

Console comfort on the pc can be achieved. :)

• tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,977Member Uncommon

I'll give this game 6 months until everyone except PC gamers have ditched it, because if you're the standard PS3 Joe with the controller you'll get absolutely demolished by the M&K players.

And once it is released on the PC no one will ever play the PS3 version, again.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Montreal, QCPosts: 1,803Member
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    I'll give this game 6 months until everyone except PC gamers have ditched it, because if you're the standard PS3 Joe with the controller you'll get absolutely demolished by the M&K players. And once it is released on the PC no one will ever play the PS3 version, again.  

I highly doubt it will release for PC.

I would be playing it more if they had not put M/K 

for now ill stick with my 32M SP capsuleer :P on the PC and SP RPGs for my PS3 (or fighters, those are cool too)

• ISSPBlackISSPBlack WloszczowaPosts: 11Member Uncommon

I am PS3 controller user in DUST 514 and sometimes I can manage in one game K/D ratio 4 or more. I was trying to use KB/M but its feel weird.

In my case its depends from what I've played the first.

• benasatobenasato zohar modifierPosts: 193Member Uncommon
    It sucks the new controls option got left out of the last update, but who needs aim (hugs mass driver)..image
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne LondonPosts: 1,530Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    I'll give this game 6 months until everyone except PC gamers have ditched it, because if you're the standard PS3 Joe with the controller you'll get absolutely demolished by the M&K players. And once it is released on the PC no one will ever play the PS3 version, again.  

You could be right in one respect: DUST could die because M/K players may have an advantage over mainstream players who use the controller.

HOWEVER, DUST certainly has a hardcore fan base. Therefore, if DUST does die, I reckon it will be a gradual lingering death over several years as new features fail to get the financing - not a fast death at 6 months.

But my personal opinion is that DUST will do well because it's a bit different and the devs respond to player advice.

Amazingly, the devs read feedback on the forums and write back within a day if it's feedback with lots of gameplay experience and it's well thought through.

• ejendalsejendals EnonkoskiPosts: 33Member
    From all the posts at DUST section on this site, I can see how badly Tom_gore wants to play this game, I like to see his madness and crying ''why no pc, you will fail if you don't release a pc ver!!!'' I wish this would never release on a PC so that tom lost his mind completly..