Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A very interesting survey someone on the ESO subreddit made

boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Just took it. Let us know when results come up.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Done.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Nice easy survey.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

My curiosity is piqued... I will take this survey

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311

I just took the survey as well. Hopefully alot of people fill out this survey because I think the devs should take a very very hard look at this.

The polls to these questions can really take alot of the guesswork out of what the future players of this game are looking for, and really speed up some of what the beta process is used for.

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    I just completed the survey. I hope the devs completely ignore this survey, or at most render it due consideration.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Filled it out just for fun. Agree with poster above, hopefully they don't take reddit survey results seriously lol.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

There, done.

One of the questions asking whether you expect an elder scrolls game in an mmo enviroment or an MMO with Elderscrolls lore (paraphrasing) should probably be read as "which do you prefer".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I found this one to be interesting:

12*

Which of the following statements best describes your expectations?

For and Elder Scrolls game I'd expect it to have the same style and design of previous Elder Scrolls games but in a MMO environment. But based on the current trend I'd expect from them a typical MMO with the skin of Elder Scrolls.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Sovrath

There, done.

One of the questions asking whether you expect an elder scrolls game in an mmo enviroment or an MMO with Elderscrolls lore (paraphrasing) should probably be read as "which do you prefer".

Agreed ^

I put what I'm expecting, but I'm not overly looking forward to what I'm expecting. 

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311

Originally posted by BitterClinger
    I just completed the survey. I hope the devs completely ignore this survey, or at most render it due consideration.

Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Filled it out just for fun. Agree with poster above, hopefully they don't take reddit survey results seriously lol.

Why do you say that? I'm sure that there are ways the polls can be skewed in some way, but even so I think if they were to take this idea and expand upon it, perhaps make an official survey on the website, then it could be something extremely helpful and useful in the development of this game.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I filled it out as well.
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Too many pointless lore questions at the beginning.  What difference does it make whether I prefer Argonians over Bretons, etc? Almost didn't bother getting to the rest of it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by Rukushin

Originally posted by BitterClinger

Originally posted by Aeonblades

Why do you say that? I'm sure that there are ways the polls can be skewed in some way, but even so I think if they were to take this idea and expand upon it, perhaps make an official survey on the website, then it could be something extremely helpful and useful in the development of this game.

I dont know how relevant the questions are to the actual development of the game.  However, you will be able to draw interesting correlations between different aspects of the game.  For example, people who are interested in "X" alliance are also  interested in massive pvp.  You will get to see where certain populations (PvP or PvE) are going to congregate.

Depending on the actual completion rate, you will see if people are interested in the game because its an MMO or because of the lore/ IP loyalty.

The results should be interesting.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    Too many pointless lore questions at the beginning.  What difference does it make whether I prefer Argonians over Bretons, etc? Almost didn't bother getting to the rest of it.

It's pretty important PvP wise. I know that if I'll play TESO, I'll choose my faction based on my favorite race and not PvP balance.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    I liked #9 the best- will be interesting to see results.
  • LazmaniaLazmania Member Posts: 2
    I think they should have added game questions in the Beta Testing submission form so that as well as getting PC information, they would have received what players are planning to do.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

The results of the poll/census are completed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/18ezpp/reso_survey_results/

I predicted the results for alliance split would be 40/30/30.......EP/DC/AD.  I was right.

Our fears are also confirmed......most people interested in this game have only played Skyrim.   

No real info on what alliance is predominantly PvP focused.   It all seems to be evenly distributed, just like all other MMO's.

AD gets the shaft though.

• What about the previous polls that showed DC as the most popular faction? Do we just discard those now that you've found a poll where you were right? What if we get a new poll that again shows DC to be most popular? Or what if it happens to be AD?

Also, what about those other MMORPGs where the populations turned out opposite the pre-launch polls?

Still, an interesting poll. Of particular note I was surprised how the rogue/stealth type classes which are usually highly popular in MMOs were one of the least popular archetypes in this one. Also very interesting how housing is the least wanted feature given how often people cry out for it on these boards.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

8% of people who chose Nords said they are choosing the Daggerfall Covenant. Good luck with that.

LOL

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by Axxar

What about the previous polls that showed DC as the most popular faction? Do we just discard those now that you've found a poll where you were right? What if we get a new poll that again shows DC to be most popular? Or what if it happens to be AD?

Also, what about those other MMORPGs where the populations turned out opposite the pre-launch polls?

Still, an interesting poll. Of particular note I was surprised how the rogue/stealth type classes which are usually highly popular in MMOs were one of the least popular archetypes in this one. Also very interesting how housing is the least wanted feature given how often people cry out for it on these boards.

What about the poll that says there are now over 50 million people that identify themselves as other when asked what religion they are? These people identify themselves as atheist, agnostic, or just non-religious. What about those polls!

What about the poll where people state they like white chocolate over dark chocolate? Got milk? What about Got chocolate milk?

Why am I even posting?

Cool poll...very interesting!

• chromekatanachromekatana Member Posts: 36

I can't believe there is no love for the High Elfs.  I can thank Skyrim for that. That game almost made me hate them and they're my favorite class!

And Player housing and First-person view so down on the list? What is that about? I don't want to store all my fancy loot is some bland bank or storage box! I want to store it in my storage box, inside my house. But then again, I would appear  on a episode of Skyrim: Hoarders.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by chromekatana

I can't believe there is no love for the High Elfs.  I can thank Skyrim for that. That game almost made me hate them and they're my favorite class!

Altmer are ugly. Yellow skin, huge jaws, weird eyes... Unlike Dunmer, they don't look weird or exotic. Just ugly. They've also always had a superiority complex that made them unlikeable. Breton are nicer and made better mages in most games, too.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Pretty much I expected for factions.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

The ealiest questions are flawed (by the survey site).

Which are you most likely to choose

Which are you least likely to choose

Can simultaneously have the same choice/answer.

A 1-5 scale would've sufficed, been a single question, and not subject to contradiction polling errors.

Still, some of the later results, particularly regarding game features, are fascinating. I'd love to see them answered by a non-segmented (single game) player population.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.