Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I give it a real try.

PhoenixC13PhoenixC13 Member UncommonPosts: 119

I played Everquest for years I have tried EQ2 time to time for like a month.  I been off EQ games for a few years I tried EQ for a month but didn't enjoy it any more.  Should I give EQ2 a real try?  Are there many active players?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

give it a try - the 2 most popular servers are Freeport and Antonia Bayle (AB)

I N S T I N C T, a progression guild on AB, welcomes new players

• SunscourSunscour Member UncommonPosts: 186

You can start off free to play and see if you do really enjoy it.

I would suggest getting to level 20, just so you can play long enought to get a feel for the game.

I find EQ2 very relaxing, open and with a great community.

Life is Short, Read a Book.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Honestly, EQ2 is still one of the best out there. My wife forgot to cancel her year sub, and it just renewed. I was happy because I wanted to keep playing EQ2. We have a blast, when there isn t any groups going, we play her Defiler, with SK tank merc, my dps zerker, with my Inq merc. We can do outisde latest raids, 90% of the games content, if not more. That said, there is still quite a bit of grouping going on. Butcherblock is our server and it s really quite busy, but I suggest AB and the I N S T I N C T guild. If we we re restarting I would go to them.
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Well I N S T I N C T is still recruiting. We have a lower level progression group and higher levels in COE content. Rerolls, returning players or newer players are welcome. Look us up on AB if you are interested.

I also advise playing as F2P for a week to see if you enjoy it. Be warned though that some of the F2P restrictions are frustrating but you can easily deal with that at lower levels.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Well you should activate yourt old account, If you are lucky your account will be set at silver status because of prior subscription, that will make it easier for you, So what to do next?

Go to http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34 and get eq2 maps, plugs in to the in game map.

Go to http://eq2.zam.com/ or  http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page and look up where to level.

Finally press U and look at what guilds that are recruting do a /who all guildname to see how many of them that are recruiting that have people online, talk to them, do they seem friendly?

Decide

Find a crew you like, Join

Sigtyr of Collateral Damage at AB server, definetly not the guild choice for everybody but for some!

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Personally I think they blew it when they change the model to freemium, it felt far too greedy for my taste but the is pretty fun and well worth a few months playing anyways. and the game is really huge, lots of stuff to do in there.

Then again, you might also consider trying Vanguard. The games have a lot in common but VG feels (or at least felt a few years back when I played) more like EQ.

Originally posted by Loke666

Personally I think they blew it when they change the model to freemium, it felt far too greedy for my taste but the is pretty fun and well worth a few months playing anyways. and the game is really huge, lots of stuff to do in there.

Then again, you might also consider trying Vanguard. The games have a lot in common but VG feels (or at least felt a few years back when I played) more like EQ.

I must have missed what it had in common with VG. Tried VG and it was spotty at best but hopefully they have made some improvements just as EQ2 has done but have not gone back to see it. As for the Freemium model it has its problems especially with bag slots and bank slots for me. At higher levels the gear and spell limitations can definately be a problem but by then most have decided to subscribe or not. Also they have introduced kronos so you can earn plat and buy your gold status membership.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by Loke666

I must have missed what it had in common with VG. Tried VG and it was spotty at best but hopefully they have made some improvements just as EQ2 has done but have not gone back to see it. As for the Freemium model it has its problems especially with bag slots and bank slots for me. At higher levels the gear and spell limitations can definately be a problem but by then most have decided to subscribe or not. Also they have introduced kronos so you can earn plat and buy your gold status membership.

Due to the size of the bags, two slots can hold 80+ items.  And the big bags are cheap to make, so getting them isnt an issue at all and 99 out of 100 guilds will have a tailor that will make you a couple.

And the unlockers are dirt cheap if you really need them.

I think EQ2 is one of the least greedy freemium models out there, compared to a game like LOTRO which even makes subscribers pay for MMO standards like shared bank or exp lock.

Some just dont like that EQ2 still is a sub preferred model.  but you can EASILY play for less than 15 a month with the freemium model (and keep gear upgraded) if you only want to play 1 or 2 toons.

Completely disagree. LOTRO my classes not from xpacs are unlocked. EQ2 most are locked. Races.. same. Oh and LOTRO like DDO you can earn TP in game by achievements and never have to spend any money. I just did not care for LOTRO end game. Yes EQ2 model is not as bad as some but I disagree LOTRO is one of them.