Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is with all of this doom suddenly? The game is awesome!

What is with all of these threads and posts about how GW2 has no endgame or content and it isn't that good? This is hands down the best MMO in a long time. 

It has all the perfect elements to it:

1. A living world filled with unique events that never get boring. 
  2. An awesome story filed with lore and adventure.
  3. All the crafting that a person could ever do.
  4. Tons of content with dungeons and getting the right looks for your character.
  5. An epic PVP system in WvW that never stops and there is always something to do.
  6. No gear gating so you can always do any content.
People just need to relax and take their time in this game. There is so much to see and so much to do. They will add more content in the future and it will all be free (minus the expansions). 

Just enjoy the game! :D

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by Superchieftian

What is with all of these threads and posts about how GW2 has no endgame or content and it isn't that good? This is hands down the best MMO in a long time. 

1. A living world filled with unique events that never get boring. 
    2. An awesome story filed with lore and adventure.
    3. All the crafting that a person could ever do.
    4. Tons of content with dungeons and getting the right looks for your character.
    5. An epic PVP system in WvW that never stops and there is always something to do.
    6. No gear gating so you can always do any content.
    People just need to relax and take their time in this game. There is so much to see and so much to do. They will add more content in the future and it will all be free (minus the expansions). 

Just enjoy the game! :D

See, thing is, your opinion, which it is an opinion, is the complete opposite of how I feel about GW2. Non living world that have the same static, boring events. The story quests, meh, boring as well. Crafting who cares, for me anyways. Not much content at all, as the game feel like 1 big bore to me. PvP is far from epic IMO.  As I said it s just that an opinion, others are not quite like yours, hence the end game sucks posts about GW2, which I tend to agree with.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I was like you once, Until Nov 15th came along when the devs decided their pockets were more important the game content. When you can give me a good reason why they are still holding onto DR even tho the bots are gone, why they are still giving ascended gear higher stats even tho it's supposedly only for the dungeon content with agony, and the reason why they can't seem to hire enough people to fix the bugs that have been in there since BWE2 then I'll agree with you, until then have fun until you reach level 80 and you can't gear your peeps without 100 dungeon runs (in a game that was never supposed to be about dungeons at all) with MF gear on gimping yourself or buying gems from the store and converting them to gold so you can use it in the overpriced unmonitored ripoff they call a TP.

/stepsdown

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Its not perfect, its just one of the best in the market ATM and i guess that rubs some people the wrong way.

Originally posted by itgrowls

I was like you once, Until Nov 15th came along when the devs decided their pockets were more important the game content. When you can give me a good reason why they are still holding onto DR even tho the bots are gone, why they are still giving ascended gear higher stats even tho it's supposedly only for the dungeon content with agony, and the reason why they can't seem to hire enough people to fix the bugs that have been in there since BWE2 then I'll agree with you, until then have fun until you reach level 80 and you can't gear your peeps without 100 dungeon runs with MF gear on gimping yourself or buying gems from the store and converting them to gold so you can use it in the overpriced unmonitored ripoff they call a TP.

/stepsdown

I got 2 exotic sets in week and a half without stepping into dungeon.

And....gosh....without using store. Or MF gear. Or ran into DR.

Now i will get ascended gear without stepping into dungeon. Or using MF gear. Or using store. Or run into DR.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Well this is going to go well. 

Personally I think GW2 is pretty great.  But it's certainly not perfect.  Nor can I say its the "best" mmo around because there's plenty I haven't played, and even if I had played all of them, it would still just be a personal opinoin regarding which one is the "best". 

There's a lot of enjoyment to have there, if everything clicks and just happens to be your thing.  Which it did with me.  But I can absolutely see why some people don't prefer it.  It may be a playstyle preference, a love of trinity mechanics, wanting a good lfg tool, wanting more guild and social functionality, or wanting more emotes, etc etc etc and the list goes on. 

How much you like something depends on how well you like what a thing does well over what it does badly.  GW2 does some things VERY well.  It also has a few things it does badly.  Also that too is subjective.  I happen to like what I think it does right over what I think it does wrong or badly.  For some folks, that's just not the case.  There's nothing wrong with that. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Yeah, right. This probably won't end well.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Its not perfect, its just one of the best in the market ATM and i guess that rubs some people the wrong way.

It has nothing to do with rubbing people the wrong way at all. It s called opinions. I think it s a crap game, you don t, these are called OPINIONS.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I was like you once, Until Nov 15th came along when the devs decided their pockets were more important the game content. When you can give me a good reason why they are still holding onto DR even tho the bots are gone, why they are still giving ascended gear higher stats even tho it's supposedly only for the dungeon content with agony, and the reason why they can't seem to hire enough people to fix the bugs that have been in there since BWE2 then I'll agree with you, until then have fun until you reach level 80 and you can't gear your peeps without 100 dungeon runs with MF gear on gimping yourself or buying gems from the store and converting them to gold so you can use it in the overpriced unmonitored ripoff they call a TP./stepsdown

you can gear yourself to handle any content in the entire game other than the highest fractals without running a single dungeon.. Really have no clue what you are talking about... As to the OP game is great but far from perfect for me

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Leucent

It has nothing to do with rubbing people the wrong way at all. It s called opinions. I think it s a crap game, you don t, these are called OPINIONS.

"Opinion" is backed by numbers.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Oh come on people.  A one post account that suddenly praises Guild Wars 2 to the extent that it does?  And it ends in a smirk.  It is begging for you all to post rants.
  • EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

After reading the post, my sarcasm detector just overloaded :/

I like GW2 a lot, but the OPs post strikes me as baiting.

• SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88

There is no "faith" in what I said except for Anet adding content.

True, some of it may be more of my opinion, but I think in the end that people just need to enjoy the game for what it is and go with the flow. Embrace change. That is what makes this game so great is that it is fresh and new and it is not afraid to try new things.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Ye 'this game is perfect' statement is baiting. Should be stamped on from a great height.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

There is no "faith" in what I said except for Anet adding content.

True, some of it may be more of my opinion, but I think in the end that people just need to enjoy the game for what it is and go with the flow. Embrace change. That is what makes this game so great is that it is fresh and new and it is not afraid to try new things.

as in almost everything people tend to either fear or shy away from change... gaming really isn't any exception in most cases it seems... also i'd probably change your thread title as it could be looked at as baiting on these forums

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

What baiting is there? I actually think the game is perfect. There is nothing I would change. I would like to see more additions to it, but everything that is now is right on target!
    You are right. Changed it to prevent any anger that it may cause others.
    What baiting is there? I actually think the game is perfect. There is nothing I would change. I would like to see more additions to it, but everything that is now is right on target!

much better title:) even if you feel a game is "perfect" or "crap" it still could be considered baiting:) and if you actually want to have some sort of actual discussion it's generally better to avoid such words

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Obviously we each have our own opinion. MINE

-I bought the game for  what I thought was world class server vs server warfare.(yes I'm a 10 year DAOC vet)

what I found was a 15 minute pvp match stretched to two weeks of 24/7 non stop,endlessly repetative game with ......locations captured and lost in minutes then recaptured and lost again endlessly (making any action meaningless) called WvW

What I found was that WvW was more like a basketball game with the winner being the one who scored the most points over a two week nonstop frenzie.And a company who thinks the only problem with this is a few software glitches that make some  enemy players hard to see.

What I found was the submersion of the individual and the supremacy of the large massive groups who can rapidly get from one side of a micro sized map to the other and undo anything thats has been done by the enemy

What I found were magnificent towers and keeps that one would think were in a war game,but were really in a  mindless point scoring game

What I found at the beginning were queue's longer that 5 hours on some servers to get into WvW.Now these are greatly reduced or eliminated as players have come to realize just how poorly designed and unrewarding WvW is.

What I found was a game company who still hasen't acknowledged the  critical faults in the WvW design

What I found was a nice pve game....if only I wanted to just pve.

What i found was crafting to rival the great asian grinder mmogs. Key crafting items  that drop randomly and infrequently cause you to go into noob areas and kill the same things over and over and over hoping for a needed drop.

What I found was a  personal story quest line with bugged un-doable quests(some bugged for over two weeks) negating the whole premise of a personal story line and the nice rewards that come with it.When You did find the quests were fixed...the rewards were meaningless since you character had advanced far beyond the level of the rewards.

and that's why I stopped playing last November

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I was like you once, Until Nov 15th came along when the devs decided their pockets were more important the game content. When you can give me a good reason why they are still holding onto DR even tho the bots are gone, why they are still giving ascended gear higher stats even tho it's supposedly only for the dungeon content with agony, and the reason why they can't seem to hire enough people to fix the bugs that have been in there since BWE2 then I'll agree with you, until then have fun until you reach level 80 and you can't gear your peeps without 100 dungeon runs with MF gear on gimping yourself or buying gems from the store and converting them to gold so you can use it in the overpriced unmonitored ripoff they call a TP.

/stepsdown

I got 2 exotic sets in week and a half without stepping into dungeon.

And....gosh....without using store. Or MF gear. Or ran into DR.

Now i will get ascended gear without stepping into dungeon. Or using MF gear. Or using store. Or run into DR.

Let's see was that post Nov 15th or because you actually could accumulate the money while leveling to level 80? or were you one of the ones that won the "mysterious nonbugged Arenanet lottery" because that's what's happening folks. Some people are completely cut off new people post daily to the official forums about their permaDR and some people just get everything. It's really that bad. Head on over and read the 1200 post thread they closed when this all began, then read the 1400 post thread they have open now where they say "it's all our imagination, nothing is wrong, nothing to see here" (waves hands and speaks in a 1960's announcers voice) and then read the five other threads talking about things like "chickens drop better stuff then dragons" and "even the new tiny boxes are dropping whites and greys" or my personal favorite "champs vets drop nothing at all even while in a group".

Oh and if you want Ascended gear, be sure and let us know 10-16 months from now when you're finally in a full set.

Just being honest. I experienced everything these people are reporting the official forums btw before my account finally just drops nothing now doesn't matter where i go....but JonPeters and gang on Reddit just loves us regular joe legit farmer type players alright.

Their latest excuse is you have to have kill credit, well when you solo something kill credit should be a no brainer.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

What is with all of these threads and posts about how GW2 has no endgame or content and it isn't that good? This is hands down the lamest MMO in a long time. 

1. A deceptively static world filled with unique events that get boring after less than a week. 
    2. A strained, poorly thought out story filled with facepalms and a multitude of annoying cutscenes.
    3. All the crafting that a person could ever do in two to three hours.
    4. Tons of content with dungeons and getting the right looks for your character which is accomplished in one to two weeks of casual play.
    5. A reaching to be epic but falling short PVP system in WvW that never stops making you want to end your life, and there is always something to do as long as you like keep swapping.
    6. No gear gating so you can always do any content, not that you would want to redo it.

Here i fixed it for you.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165

It was awesome until I backed out of an instance's "safe zone" and was returned back to overflow losing everything I had accomplished up to that point. SONOFA...At least give me 3 seconds to return.

Probably won't grind that instance again for another month. Which means I won't be playing. Just don't feel like doing it over. Hence why I feel "The Doom."

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

I will stat this once and then leave this thread alone:

The greatness of MMO's like TV Series(Live Action and Animated), Movies(Live and Animated), Music, Video Games(Excluding MMO's for PC, Mac, and Console) and Books are dependent on the user(reader, viewer, listener). And that greatness is pure opinion based, what I like and what everyone else likes will ALWAYS be different. For this I am glad to say I am happy. If we lived in a world where everyone liked the same stuff and agreed with each other all the time, in my opinion that would be a very boring world.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I played the game pretty heavily from launch to about a month ago and decided I really needed a break.  I tried logging in today and I just can't, the game is pointless and boring.  The WvW was what really attracted me to GW 2 and I'm sorry, but it really is just aweful.  I got enough of small scale instanced pvp in my years in WoW and I don't really feel like GW 2 offers anything that adds to that, i.e. not really interested.  The PvE in the game is okay but not a huge draw for me, so I guess the game just doesn't appeal to me since I really hate the WvW.  =/
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

What I've learned from reading this thread is that if someone agrees with you, then it's a fact and if someone disagrees with you, then it's an opinion.

I haven't had the time to try this game yet, but the amount of hate threads that exist for it are pushing me towards the "don't bother" camp.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

What is with all of these threads and posts about how GW2 has no endgame or content and it isn't that good? This is hands down the lamest MMO in a long time. 

1. A deceptively static world filled with unique events that get boring after less than a week. 
    2. A strained, poorly thought out story filled with facepalms and a multitude of annoying cutscenes.
    3. All the crafting that a person could ever do in two to three hours.
    4. Tons of content with dungeons and getting the right looks for your character which is accomplished in one to two weeks of casual play.
    5. A reaching to be epic but falling short PVP system in WvW that never stops making you want to end your life, and there is always something to do as long as you like keep swapping.
    6. No gear gating so you can always do any content, not that you would want to redo it.

Here i fixed it for you.

Don't you mean deceptively dynamic?

Like: the pool is deceptively shallow. I.e. the pool is shallow, despite its appearance.

• Moe4871Moe4871 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    It's great for a one-time fee. People have expectations as if it were P2P. Silly MMO consumers.