Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

an amazing thing happened last night during the battle of Nandrin

we had an epic battle last night, germans were pushing hard on Nandrin, had the north depo secure the whole battle, we couldnt get to it to recap. after about 2-3 hours of hard fighting, we were atritted badly. the armored brigade we had was completely empty, and the infantry brigade had 3 atr and 6 mortarmen. we braced ourselves for the final assault that would finish us off. we waited, and waited some more. the end never came.the attack just stopped. we recapped the long held depo and it was over.

had that same scenario happened with the old axis players that quit, they would have known we were atritted cause most have multiple accounts and know everything that happens on the enemy side. not this time. the germans never knew we had no supply left.

you guys might have pulled a bunch of money out of CRS pockets, but the game is playing better without you, have fun playing Planetside2 or bf2.

Comments

• JsilecJsilec Member Posts: 36
    They panicked after we swept thru manhay....we started gouvy and a pz parade marched out of both gates lolz.....axis mass spawn to defend gouvy and nandrin was libbed shortly after
  • JsilecJsilec Member Posts: 36
    Their leaders from past maps would have kept them on nandrin and tried to save gouvy after nandrin was done but the axis playstyle now is much more catered to defending....if axis have any attacks going and we hit somewhere else they drop everything and defend
  • ZbusZbus Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by Karu403

we had an epic battle last night, germans were pushing hard on Nandrin, had the north depo secure the whole battle, we couldnt get to it to recap. after about 2-3 hours of hard fighting, we were atritted badly. the armored brigade we had was completely empty, and the infantry brigade had 3 atr and 6 mortarmen. we braced ourselves for the final assault that would finish us off. we waited, and waited some more. the end never came.the attack just stopped. we recapped the long held depo and it was over.

had that same scenario happened with the old axis players that quit, they would have known we were atritted cause most have multiple accounts and know everything that happens on the enemy side. not this time. the germans never knew we had no supply left.

you guys might have pulled a bunch of money out of CRS pockets, but the game is playing better without you, have fun playing Planetside2 or bf2.

Wow just wow talk about going down with the ship. Bravo to you good sir.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

How many were playing?  8 vs 8?  24 vs 24 ?  30 vs 30?  

"epic battle" means nothing unless you quantify it.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Is this some strange attempt to spite the people who've unsubscribed?

You're assuming that everyone who frequents these forums is some disgruntled axis player. There are plenty from both sides here. I also don't think that those HC officers who left recently were cheaters. Some of them were in the allied HC not too long ago.

I'll tell you what, start a thread when Cornered Rat Software gets a programmer, or whenever there's some kind of good news regarding game development(and no, I don't mean Xoom's next fundraiser). Maybe then you might get some people interested.

• wrath04wrath04 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by david06

Is this some strange attempt to spite the people who've unsubscribed?

You're assuming that everyone who frequents these forums is some disgruntled axis player. There are plenty from both sides here. I also don't think that those HC officers who left recently were cheaters. Some of them were in the allied HC not too long ago.

I'll tell you what, start a thread when Cornered Rat Software gets a programmer, or whenever there's some kind of good news regarding game development(and no, I don't mean Xoom's next fundraiser). Maybe then you might get some people interested.

Not everyone is as hateful as you seem to be at times, maybe, just maybe, It is what it is.  Giving someone advice on how to start a thread is a bad Idea...literally! Stick to your strong points mate, like spreading the word on how much you hate CRS and their game like you usually do:)

Btw, his "assumption" was at least partly right, by your logic, you flew in here didn't you?

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106

"Most" of axis have multiple accounts? Right, so if we give a conservative definition of "most" to be 50% then your saying that half the axis PB have two WW2OL accounts going on seperate sides? If they have really been spying they've not been very good at getting defense out before AO's drop. Your claim has zero basis and has as much basis as me saying that half the allied players have spy accounts.

If anything spy accounts are more likely now than in the past due to free trials. You no longer have to pay for a 'spy' account.

Better (after Antwerp I assume)? Lets not club a dead horse here...

What it is it with many people's logic behind 'promoting' the game by trashing the axis playerbase? All it does is a) causes needless division b) makes allies appear bitter c) make the game appear less welcoming to potential new and returning players. If I was playing axis and a large amount of allies left I would not be happy

• anfiach`anfiach` Member UncommonPosts: 110

Personally, I have no love for the Axis side. The side in general has a long history of bad behavior and unsubstantiated complaints. That being said, they don't have a monopoly on idiots. The OP was made in poor taste. It was a naked jab at Axis players that have left the game.

If CRS didn't have its own history of meddling in players' affairs there would be reason to mock them, but because their suspicions are entirely plausible, there isn't. Especially when long time players known for their personal integrity start walking away.

There aren't enough players left to have any 'epic' battles. Sure there have been some good fights, that can' be denied, but epic? No.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by anfiach`

Personally, I have no love for the Axis side. The side in general has a long history of bad behavior and unsubstantiated complaints. That being said, they don't have a monopoly on idiots. The OP was made in poor taste. It was a naked jab at Axis players that have left the game.

If CRS didn't have its own history of meddling in players' affairs there would be reason to mock them, but because their suspicions are entirely plausible, there isn't. Especially when long time players known for their personal integrity start walking away.

There aren't enough players left to have any 'epic' battles. Sure there have been some good fights, that can' be denied, but epic? No.

Hey the SMG firing backwards was a substantiated complaint, even though DOC said it was working fine.   No I wont let that go.

So much crap, so little quality.

Originally posted by Hodo

Hey the SMG firing backwards was a substantiated complaint, even though DOC said it was working fine.   No I wont let that go.

LOL that's not the sort of complaint I was talking about.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Hodo

LOL that's not the sort of complaint I was talking about.

I know but it is still fun to bring that up.

So much crap, so little quality.

• RigamortisRigamortis Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Those 30 vs 30 EPIC battles must be......................................................epic   /rollseyes
    Former GM and associate game designer for SOE and Square Enix.  (2001-2008)
  • Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    FFS when will you guys learn?!

This forum is for NEGATIVE posts ONLY. God, don't you guys get it?

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

• Karu403Karu403 Member Posts: 48

you all make this into the WWIIOL hate forum.  

i make this into the WWIIOL " taunt the haters " forum.

you all having fun playing Planetside2 yet ??

Yes.

Now back to my question:  How many were playing?

• Karu403Karu403 Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by rendus

Yes.

your right, compared to the old days, it wasnt epic. hard to tell how many cause there were more than one brigade and mission, i would estimate around 50 total,maybe more. it was an intense fight though, lots of killing, depos falling and getting recapped. that one depo though, they kept us away from it for 2+ hours.

Yes.

your right, compared to the old days, it wasnt epic. hard to tell how many cause there were more than one brigade and mission, i would estimate around 50 total,maybe more. it was an intense fight though, lots of killing, depos falling and getting recapped. that one depo though, they kept us away from it for 2+ hours.

Where are all these amazing battles when I log on?  One of you guys should jump in here and let us know when something epic is going down.  One guy came on here talking about how big his squad was, and I commented on how with those numbers they could really swamp an AO during a squad-op, and then asked when they did their ops.  No response. 

If the game keeps going downhill like it has been you might be joining the all these so called haters in Planetside 2 yourself. How ironic would that be lol.

Originally posted by Silky303
    FFS when will you guys learn?!

This forum is for NEGATIVE posts ONLY. God, don't you guys get it?

Considering they way the OP ended his post I think he gets it silky.:)

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Where are all these amazing battles when I log on?  One of you guys should jump in here and let us know when something epic is going down.  One guy came on here talking about how big his squad was, and I commented on how with those numbers they could really swamp an AO during a squad-op, and then asked when they did their ops.  No response.

Yes someone please do this. I used to log on Sunday afternoons because you were guaranteed to see at least a few decent battles, but that stopped a while ago. Now the big battles are far less periodic.

When you guys get a 80 vs 80 or so fight going post it here. You can't bitch about this being a haters forum when there isn't any good news and your only posts here are trying to defend the failed decisions or latest gaffe by the developers.

Arbitrary figures to define what is fun ftw!

80 players? Meh, 126 or it's not worth me logging in tbh

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

Originally posted by Silky303
    Arbitrary figures to define what is fun ftw!

I've said it a million times:  the more people in a battle the less the quirks and bugs bother me.  

Small numbers mean waiting 15 minutes between seeing enemy troops. May as well play the latest shoebox shooter that you can actually enjoy. Playing whackamole in cities like Antwerp or as today, Trier, is not fun. 30 on 30 is a good FB battle.
    I've had great fights when it's 2 vs 2 over a particular CP or when it's a 20 man armour column

Obviously more is better but it's stupid to write battles off because there's less then x people involved

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

Excuse me if I think 2v2 isn't a battle. May as well count off paces and charge at each other firing pistols.