Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO should/can be a good single player game?

2»

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

also, lets say you want to keep the group dynamics, there's this thing called party members, think FFX, or to go a step beyond that, co-op mode. yes, its still a single player game with co-op mode.

Or have NPCs to fill the group .. just like what STO does. STO can pretty much be played as a SP game without modification because of that.

• supertouchmesupertouchme Member Posts: 68
    modern mmos are based on lackluster storylines and probably wouldn't make good single-player games. shit, most of them aren't even good mmos.
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Level 1-80 in World of Warcraft is single player.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by supertouchme
    modern mmos are based on lackluster storylines and probably wouldn't make good single-player games. shit, most of them aren't even good mmos.

STO is the best single-player Star Trek game out there . simply because there is no other star trek game.

In fact, there wasn't even a star trek game in the past that allows you to "drive" so many star ships, and also with ground combat. Sure that Star Trek Elite Squad game probably does better in terms of ground combat, but certainly not in terms of ship combat (it has none), and storylines that combine ship & ground action.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by aktalat
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

There were threads discussing what single player games should be made into MMOs. I figure i will try something new and have the question reversed.

Here is my list:

TOR - this is begging to be a single player game. I think it is a mistake not to just do an online KOTOR with better combat.

STO - some of the story missions can probably done very well as a SP game. Ground combat can be improved but space ship combat is FUN.

DDO - lots of the dungeon missions are similar enough to SP quest chains.

TSW - i have not played this game ... does the story mission work well in a SP or co-op mode?

SWTOR was first on your list, and first on mine as well.

Ok so there's some multi-player battlefields thrown in, but the original solo-play Neverwinter games did that too, you'd play the game solo and then if you really-really wanted to you could setup a server, similar to Unreal Tournament or Quake, plus a toolset to build stuff and whatnot.

Wait, SWTOR doesn't provide you with tools to build stuff in-game, scratch that last part. :)

Same for me, SWTOR was the first one on my mind :)

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    ELDER SCROLLS....SKYRIM
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    ELDER SCROLLS....SKYRIM

uh? It is ALREADY a single player game?