Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 sells over 12 million, WoW has over 9.6 million subscribers

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Some things can be popular and good like say skyrim.

But yeah stick me in the hipster camp. As you get older you start to realise most people are morons, hence the popularity of plastic manufactured pop music, low iq required reality television, books "penned" by z list "celebrities" and "sod plot add more explosions and t&a" movies.

So anyone who has different taste in music, movies or games is a moron? could you be any more full of yourself? i am also getting old and i have friends who are in their 40's but none of them is arrogant like you. So is it really about getting older or that is who you are as a person?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Twist it however way you want but you said online was dead which is clearly not the case. I have never had any problems finding parties to play with and there are tons of people online. This is something I cant say for a lot of other games. The original D2 was kind crappy. LoD made that game great.

Plus, it is still top 11 on xfire when i checked 5 min ago. That is "less dead" than many games and miles ahead of games like Eve.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If not liking low brow shite makes me arrogant, so be it.

Atleast you are honest. I used to have a cousin like you. Always nagging and making fun of friends and family. trying to make them feel bad for what they wear, music they listen to, movies they watch etc etc.

Its been 6 years now and no one invites him to family get together anymore. Last time i heard his girlfriend also got fed up of him because he constantly made her feel like crap. He is 45 year old and single.

He is by far  the most annoying person i have met. Someone you wouldn't want in your company when you go out. Although, in his mind he thinks he is Bond or someone with a very refined taste and better than everyone else, But in reality no one gives a crap about him.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Atleast you are honest. I used to have a cousin like you. Always nagging and making fun of friends and family. trying to make them feel bad for what they wear, music they listen to, movies they watch etc etc.

Its been 6 years now and no one invites him to family get together anymore. Last time i heard his girlfriend also got fed up of him because he constantly made her feel like crap. He is 45 year old and single.

He is by far  the most annoying person i have met. Someone you wouldn't want in your company when you go out. Although, in his mind he thinks he is Bond or something and better than everyone else, but in reality no one gives a crap about him.

I believe the correct Internet meme for this is "Cool story Brah"

Originally posted by RefMinor

He is by far  the most annoying person i have met. Someone you wouldn't want in your company when you go out. Although, in his mind he thinks he is Bond or something and better than everyone else, but in reality no one gives a crap about him.

yes brah!! cool true story!

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

He is by far  the most annoying person i have met. Someone you wouldn't want in your company when you go out. Although, in his mind he thinks he is Bond or someone with a very refined taste and better than everyone else, But in reality no one gives a crap about him.

I would give my right arm to stop being invited to family functions.  Is this how I go about it?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

You know who's more annoying my "brother in law" he turns up at the pub and puts on an hours worth of Robbie Williams on the Juke box leaving me to negotiate him not getting battered by the regulars.

Cool, good to know its ok to ostracise a family member for his highbrow taste in films and music.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Cool, good to know its ok to ostracise a family member for his highbrow taste in films and music.

He didn't say they ostracised him for his taste. He said they ostracised him for making other people feel like shit for their tastes. People that attack others on their tastes because they believe their own to be superior reap what they sow. Taste is also often not as exclusive as "high brow" internet wannabes would like others to believe.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Originally posted by dimnikar
    Hilarous how people start with conspiracy theories about fake numbers with the sub definition disclaimer right there in the first post.

I am simply FORCED to conclude the vast majority of you here are incapable of comprehending text.

It's not even legalese, for Pete's sake.

Oh, most people dont think Blizzard is lying they just think that Asian subscribers shouldnt count because "Asian" automatically means Chinese and Chinese players pay "pennies on the hour".

They then have a "well thought out and researched" reason as to why Chinese subscribers comprise "80% to 90%" of total WoW subscribers.

And if you point out something like "wait, then how can WoW make $1 billion a year in revenue if 90% of the player base subscribes for pennies?" well theres a perfectly "logical" answer for that too. Its because Blizzard "steals" from its players by charging for services like server transfers and race changes or selling mounts.

Because as we all know selling mounts or pets once a year that generates a couple million in cash adds up to a billion every year.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Me and my WoW kiddie friends went to a fine dining restaraunt and ordered an exquisit meal with some wonderful wine.

We were appaled by the classical music being piped in and we all complaind that it didn't taste like a MicDonalds Happy Meal. Very sad.

I guess ShackyMo is right about us.

The good thing is, after eating the disappointing meal, we asked for a refund...because that's what people do. right?

Is it arrogance or hypocracy? Tell me, do you ever enjoy low brow mass appeal entertainment like the Avengers?

In fact, if you are so high brow, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be going to your next art exhibit, or poetry appreciation meeting?

Originally posted by nariusseldon

In fact, if you are so high brow, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be going to your next art exhibit, or poetry appreciation meeting?

Everyone who is anyone knows that's on Thursdays

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Is it arrogance or hypocracy? Tell me, do you ever enjoy low brow mass appeal entertainment like the Avengers?

Maybe he and his Mensa friends are having a group experiment? Mingle with the lower species...

Originally posted by Psychow

Me and my WoW kiddie friends went to a fine dining restaraunt and ordered an exquisit meal with some wonderful wine.

We were appaled by the classical music being piped in and we all complaind that it didn't taste like a MicDonalds Happy Meal. Very sad.

I guess ShackyMo is right about us.

The good thing is, after eating the disappointing meal, we asked for a refund...because that's what people do. right?

LOL ..i wish i can ask for a refund. Actually i do like go michilin star restaurant hunting with my wife, and we are going up to NAPA this weekend. Certainly i can spew "oh this wine has big bright fruit up front, less oak, and a good staying power" (BTW, i drink a huge pinot noir fan) but at the same time, it is no better or worse than enjoying a good milk shake or soda.

I think ShackyMo is just pretentious. Entertainment is entertainment.

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Because as we all know selling mounts or pets once a year that generates a couple million in cash adds up to a billion every year.

Try $2 million in 24 hours.

Well I wouldn't call avengers low brow really, its not a bad piece of escapism, the people behind it wanted to make a good film, not just make lots of money.

It's like music, I don't particularly like heavy metal or opera, but I appreciate the people who do make it have a passion for it and want to make good art. But I hate with a passion plastic manufactured pop music, I had it as a kid when Pete waterman inflicted his ear wasps upon the nation, I have it now with Simon cowell and his collection of karaoke singers pumping out songs written by middle aged old farts. There's no art involved with that. It's all about the moolah.
  • supertouchmesupertouchme Member Posts: 68
    what's the purpose of this thread? to inform people that a company with an illustrious history was able to use popular IP to sell millions of games?
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Don't see how this is humanly possible. The game isn't very good in my opinion. Both auction houses ruined the entire Diablo experience.
    Originally posted by supertouchme
    what's the purpose of this thread? to inform people that a company with an illustrious history was able to use popular IP to sell millions of games?

And shows that hate on a website matters very little in the market place?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye

And over 11 million are dissapointed and vow to never buy a Blizzard product again.

Before ranting at me, I jest.

Want to bet millions will buy Heart of the Swarm, and the D3 expansion?

I am one of those millions.

One simply can't argue against quality games.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Why does this matter every year for anyone? Most people actually don't care what the WOW numbers are and will not buy D4 because they scammed everyone with D3.
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

And over 11 million are dissapointed and vow to never buy a Blizzard product again.

I bet there are quite a few like you here. Just that they are not as vocal as the haters.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

Sales do not necessarily mean quality.

McDonnalds sells more food than Ferran Adria.

Vin Diesel sells more movies than Kim Ki Duk

Justin Bieber sells more CDs than Dream Theater.

Rowling sells more books than Goethe.

I guess you get the idea.